'22 TN DT Walter Nolen (Ole Miss)

Yes he actually was more productive last year when you consider Omarr played in two and a half less games. Missed two games and was suspended the first half of the UTSA game

Norman-Lott 5.5 sacks, 26 tackles, 6 for loss in 9 1/2 games

Nolen 4 sacks, 37 tackles, 8.5 for loss in 12 games

Norman Lott has arguably been more disruptive. Its close though.

Either way we are A-Okay on the d-line next year.
We could use an elite DL like Nolen.

For all his deficiencies, Kiffin’s players love him and he can recruit. God help us when UF comes to their senses and hires him.
lol. Why some Vol fans are scared of Kiffin is beyond me. UF has had plenty of chances to hire him. They didn’t. And when it comes to Florida, whom ever the coach is there, history has shown it doesn’t matter. They will beat us either way.

Reactions: stewart6600
You have a great point. I’m not in a debate over who id rather have. What I am saying, is that defense has been an issue for 3 years. And that defense is why we didn’t upset bama or beat Florida. Its why we missed the playoffs last year. If we don’t fix the defense, and the offensive issues end up not being a joe problem, next year is going to be very average. I didn’t think that was a hot take opinion.
Why some fans cannot realize this is baffling.

Reactions: Memphisvol87
in two years, the former #1 overall ranked recruit has had, in total: 66 tackles, 5 sacks, 11 TFL, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery, 1 pass deflected

in one year, the former #355 overall ranked recruit has had, in total: 30 tackles, 6 sacks, 6.5 TFL, 1 forced fumble, 1 fumble recovery

We'd all love to have TWO Omar Norman-Lotts but luckily we have one Rodney Garner

How do we know NIL wasn't used to bring back almost our entire OL? We got who we needed in the portal and so did Ole miss. Glad the playoffs go to 12 teams next year.
NIL WAS most certainly used to bring back the OL & others. Just because they didn’t file to go in the portal doesn’t mean they returned for the same deal.

Reactions: Orange.
personally, i dont care what the stats are on a player like nolen. i saw enough of him to see that he is a player that changes the way the offensive line plays. i bet i can find ten players this year who have a better stat line than aaron donald, but i bet if you ask coaches around the NFL who the top DL is, 10/10 will say donald for the way he impacts the game past the stat line

personally, i dont care what the stats are on a player like nolen. i saw enough of him to see that he is a player that changes the way the offensive line plays. i bet i can find ten players this year who have a better stat line than aaron donald, but i bet if you ask coaches around the NFL who the top DL is, 10/10 will say donald for the way he impacts the game past the stat line
Don't insult Donald by comparing this guy to him. Donald is full motor all the time, this guy not so much.

Not what Bradley is saying. Kid wanted to be sure he didn’t take away from other kids who were trying to get college scholarships because he had his if he went there. Watch him at games and saw him check on a ref that got ran over. He’s had some issues in the past but looks like he may have grown up and matured. Some kids do that.
Not what Bradley said publicly but privately a different story. There are numerous of the filed stories/rumors of incidents between Boo and his teammates. According to those in the know at Brainerd and Bradley, his public humble personality was a facade.

Reactions: VOLED

VN Store

Back