'20 TN DE/LB Tyler Baron (UT SIGNEE)

You thinking that the Barons feel confident in keeping their job is where you are wrong lol. He gone. Theres a reason all of this has been coming out. On kentuckys site they've been saying for months vince marrow may be offering him a job and Ohio St is offering much more. Bye bro onto the next

Listen, your prediction about Baron may be correct, but the fact that you don't know that his father is Patrick Abernathy (and not Baron) shows me you don't know quite as much as you let on.

Listen, your prediction about Baron may be correct, but the fact that you don't know that his father is Patrick Abernathy (and not Baron) shows me you don't know quite as much as you let on.
Or and hear me out lol I never said I knew his fathers name just that he is on the staff. I post on other forums lol I am just relaying what I read for Tennessee fans. I enjoy recruiting.

Or and hear me out lol I never said I knew his fathers name just that he is on the staff. I post on other forums lol I am just relaying what I read for Tennessee fans. I enjoy recruiting.

So you heard all this info about the father, but dont know his name? And you follow recruiting? I casually keep up with it and know this. Just thought I would help your story out when you post it elsewhere. Lends more credibility imo.

Lot of people thought Tyler was going to OU after his visit there as well. It finally leaked out that his family hated how hard it was to get there .. but Tyler continued to mess with the media and fans by wearing OU stuff out in public. He has been trying to build some drama for his announcement for awhile now. Some of these analyst for KY and OSU are beginning to fall for it. I will only become worried if Tyler starts posting pro TN stuff before his announcement.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
0 draft picks last season and a team thats gotten progressively worse. Thats not development.

One year at a school is meaningless in showing someone can develop talent. He has developed talent as a DC at previous stops. But using your logic then Baron is a UK lock and UT and tOSU are out of it because tOSU's first year HC has not developed talent as an HC either.

Reactions: LoudOrange
Wrong, Ivan.. Who do you think developed Dewayne Haskins and was the main reason Justin Fields chose them...RYAN DAY. Larry Johnson developed the Bosas, and Chase young today. Their whole staff develops, that's why they have so many players in the pros.

Wrong, Ivan.. Who do you think developed Dewayne Haskins and was the main reason Justin Fields chose them...RYAN DAY. Larry Johnson developed the Bosas, and Chase young today. Their whole staff develops, that's why they have so many players in the pros.

You're not following what he is saying.

What did I miss, Jp1...…. I just gave an example, a big one at that, about being able to develop talent with the Justin Fields equation. It's Days first year as HC but his record is excellent as an ass't. and not only in college but also the pros... I'm sorry, and I'd love to see where we have developed talent in the last 3-4 years, ( Alvin Kamara was just gifted) but where is it. It all has just seemed to regress. Show me improvement so I can take pride in the volunteers.

What did I miss, Jp1...…. I just gave an example, a big one at that, about being able to develop talent with the Justin Fields equation. It's Days first year as HC but his record is excellent as an ass't. and not only in college but also the pros... I'm sorry, and I'd love to see where we have developed talent in the last 3-4 years, ( Alvin Kamara was just gifted) but where is it. It all has just seemed to regress. Show me improvement so I can take pride in the volunteers.

My comment was in response to the statement that UT is out of the running for Baron because no UT players were drafted this year. The point was that if UT is out with Baron because Pruitt doesn't get credit for players he developed as a DC at previous stops, then the same logic would have to apply to Day as a coordinator.

I’ve been pretty blunt that TN was still in a good spot as of now but needed to show signs of life. Spoke to Tyler last week and he told me that the slow start was a hit but was nothing that would knock Tennessee out. Said it was more of a check all the boxes with other schools. I’ve also been blunt that Ohio State was the team that was going to benefit if it’s NOT Tn.
price

" DE: They are getting Jacolbe Cowan this weekend and they are also hosting Tyler Baron from Tennessee this weekend. Could they end up with both guys? Is there room for both? YES and YES. Baron has been considered an absolute lock to the Vols in forever but I'm hearing the poor performance on the field and speculation about the future of Jeremy Pruitt has the player and his father reconsidering things. Both Baron and his dad were at Ohio State in the spring and liked it a lot, but at the time all was good with Tennessee. Fast forward a few months and things are not good in Knoxville. They are coming back to Ohio State for a reason. In the old days, this would be an AUTOMATIC Crystal Ball pick for Ohio State under Urban Meyer. In 48 hours, Meyer never missed on these types of recruitments. My guess is that Day and Larry Johnson have a great shot at the same magic. No flip pick from me yet, but this is one to watch closely going forward."

I have highlighted the key part of the OSU analysts statement above. It is very true that Tyler Baron could sign elsewhere if Pruitt is fired this year. However, since Tyler's Dad works for Fulmer, then Tyler's Family will know first hand if Pruitt's job is actually in jeopardy or just negative recruiting from other coaches.

I wouldn't say that about Baron. Being a strong lean doesn't mean he isn't keeping his options open.

Still the same. UT is still right there at the top. But as long as OSU keeps talking, he's going to keep listening.

UT is going to have to show something more on the field to keep recruiting at the top of our board. Relationships and PT can seal the deal, but these elite recruits need to believe the ship is being heaved up off the bottom..

Reactions: NashVolDavis

VN Store

Back