'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

Most of the ones involving us and Rodney Garner usually always turn out bizarre. Garner puts these kids up to this stuff...I would almost guarantee it. It happens way too much to us for it to be coincidence anymore.
if kid or anyone doesnt have enough confidence to say no. Or, family isnt involved enough to give this kid good counsel...then dont want him. Something is amiss here.

Wow, what a trash move by Auburn, Garner, Hardy, and his family!! It seems they were intentionally trying to get our staff in trouble. The NCAA needs to put a stop to this. They need to tell recruits and the schools, that if a recruit signs in the early signing period, then it absolutely has to be announced by the end of the signing period. This is ridiculous. Our staff kept allotting time to a signed recruit.

This kid, his family, and Auburn were stringing UT along and getting us to keep recruiting a player that was already signed...hoping all the while to get us to commit some recruiting violations.....wow...that family and AU are match made in heaven for each other. Straight up trash.

This kid, his family, and Auburn were stringing UT along and getting us to keep recruiting a player that was already signed...hoping all the while to get us to commit some recruiting violations.....wow...that family and AU are match made in heaven for each other. Straight up trash.
I think the NCAA should penalize a school who does this intentionally. No doubt it was intentional.

I worked with Jay over the summer and he’s a great talent but he’s also very self absorbed. He’s also not a hard worker. He was playing games like this over the summer and it looks like that continues. I would love for us to get a talent like Jay’s but I’m not sure it would be worth it with the baggage that comes along with it.

Last edited:
As a graduate of McCallie and TN, I wanted to see Hardy play for the Vols. His continued deception is hard to understand. With the screenshot from the ncaa database and the video from Auburn confirming that he indeed signed, it is obvious that he has lied and continues to lie to our coaches. I say good riddance and we will be fine without him. Despite his time at McC, he must not have learned to live by the school motto of Honor-Truth-Duty.

VN Store

Back