'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

i think it puts one of those two back in play. jmo. which one? i'd say Miller, if we're feeling good bout Beckwith.
Like Miller's size and strength, need A LOT of conditioning work though, but I tend to agree since Williamson tore his ACL back in the fall, if not I'd be pretty excited about Williamson and if he heals well and we don't take him, I'd put money that he'll be a great player for Memphis

Reactions: jakez4ut
Like Miller's size and strength, need A LOT of conditioning work though, but I tend to agree since Williamson tore his ACL back in the fall, if not I'd be pretty excited about Williamson and if he heals well and we don't take him, I'd put money that he'll be a great player for Memphis
yeah, Miller is a bit of a project for sure.

Reactions: BucVol98
I never got my hopes up even with all of the positive vibes. Auburn, and especially Rodney Garner, are some of the dirtiest in the recruiting game. He probably intentionally told Hardy to string us along until NSD. Makes you appreciate guys like Omari, who are very turned off by it. He’s not coming here and never was.

I never got my hopes up even with all of the positive vibes. Auburn, and especially Rodney Garner, are some of the dirtiest in the recruiting game. He probably intentionally told Hardy to string us along until NSD. Makes you appreciate guys like Omari, who are very turned off by it. He’s not coming here and never was.

If things do go auburns way with Hardy, a finish of Beckwith and Wideman would be excellent. Think we'd have 2 left to use in the transfer portal. Never know what might fall our way. A corner or edge rusher would be most welcome for next year.

Staff informed Hardy there was no room for him. He got recruited over. It sucks when you have to recruit over a top 100 player like Hardy, but it is what it is.
If true, the best thing that could have happened.
Sends clear msg to other recruits (this class or future classes) to either poop or get off the pot..... Also, we are not getting into a bidding war so save that for the NFL draft. Auburn has always been a paying school and it is well documented starting in the 80's to now.
There is probably a recruit in Tennessee's on deck circle waiting on the word that the slot is open. Proud that Tennessee has moved on....

Staff informed Hardy there was no room for him. He got recruited over. It sucks when you have to recruit over a top 100 player like Hardy, but it is what it is.

This is obviously false but man it would have been sweet if at some point after ESD and trying to get in with Hardy if Pruitt just said F it and went radio silence on him. I think that is a tactic more schools should adopt as opposed to bending over backwards for months and months when you know deep down they aren't flipping.

....and we made Auburn pay more.

Reactions: SmokinBob
This thread has been the biggest waste of my time and my having to deal with Orange Defense. I really wish it would go away, by him signing SOMEWHERE.

He's just enjoying his recruitment to the max. As I said earlier, he's gonna be a real pain to "unrecruit" for the school that does sign him. Know we really need DL, but the more I think about the championship game, the more I'd love to see us find a running back like Etienne. That kid is a joy to watch run the ball.

Not so sure I would call it recruiting over, but HOPEFULLY more that we have committed our schollies to other guys we have ALSO targeted. Do not know of another DL we are pulling in.

VN Store

Back