'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

This staff will not stop this late in the game. He will still get an in home from Pruitt and staff. The players and recruits will still be in his ear. I understand him wanting to appease Auburn considering that’s his most likely destination. I honestly don’t think this is anything except for him trying to keep the current committed team happy. If he flips everyone moves on. Until then he has them in his ear saying we kept this spot open. Blah blah blah.

This staff will not stop this late in the game. He will still get an in home from Pruitt and staff. The players and recruits will still be in his ear. I understand him wanting to appease Auburn considering that’s his most likely destination. I honestly don’t think this is anything except for him trying to keep the current committed team happy. If he flips everyone moves on. Until then he has them in his ear saying we kept this spot open. Blah blah blah.
Exactly. Drama. It's played out. There's only so much attention that's worth it. I think we've past that point finally.

Out of state kids that do all his drama and lying BS is one thing. An in state kid doing it takes it to another level.

I'm sure Gus and the gang pushed extra hard also. TN has had a nice little momentum streak going. They of course want to secure the kid but an extra benefit getting the visit canceled now, is to throw a little water on the current fire.

Speaking of fire, does no one live near that da** cabin?

Reactions: Sleegro
Here's what appears to be someone that subscribes to the Auburn Rivals site for everyone that loses their sh!t everytime a blurb pops up on the internet. Looks like clickbait.
Screenshot_150.png

He is a very good player but no way no how he makes or breaks this class. With the grad transfers and the needs we filled best overall class prob since the Hurd,Malone, Wharton(oooppps) Barnett, Berrys and Kelly class which most left program anyways. 2015 class was highly ranked but tanked with exception of a few (Kamara).

Last edited:
He could have just signed and saved everyone the trouble....

This is what I still don’t understand. Why drag this out if AU is the choice?

But his whole recruitment has been bizzare—he visits campus 500 times, interacts daily with the other UT recruits, then picks an out-of-state school he’s barely visited. Then he publicly bitches about his “relationship” with the coaches, but apparently won’t drive a hour for another unofficial.

At this point, he can go pound sand.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Maybe, but he still ain’t gonna go to UT.
maybe, maybe not. if this whole thing is bupkis, i think we still have a shot.

but i'm definitely to the point that the next thing i hear about Jay Hardy just needs to be on signing day. either he is, or isn't....and just leave it at that.

This is what I still don’t understand. Why drag this out if AU is the choice?

But his whole recruitment has been bizzare—he visits campus 500 times, interacts daily with the other UT recruits, then picks an out-of-state school he’s barely visited. Then he publicly bitches about his “relationship” with the coaches, but apparently won’t drive a hour for another unofficial.

At this point, he can go pound sand.
yeah, and that's the risk he's run by doing it the way he has...and he's the only one that really knows why it's played out like this.

it's a tough spot for teh coaching staff....they've invested so much in to this recruit, they almost have to see it out to the end...and while there's a sentiment out there that this is a bigger mountain than we think it is, Hardy's actions continue to say "recruit me".

cause he certainly could have signed and been done. and he's offered nothing but some pretty flimsy excuses as to why he didn't....lol.

we need players like this, that's not really debatable. but if we don't get him, i'm not losing a ton of sleep. the dram queens in recruiting sometimes don't pan out and really make it not worth it in the end. de-recruiting this kid should be...hm...interesting.

Depends, this post is what I reacted to, not Rivals.
i'm more than ready to pick back up my torch and pitchfork...just give me the word.
giphy.gif

The kids plays us once, and then everyone just acts like nothing happened. Kid is a troll and IDGAF about him or Auburn. It was time to move on over a month ago.

Reactions: VolsNUT

VN Store

Back