'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

There are two sides to that street... how many do you know for certain weren’t paid to come here?
You're asking someone to disprove a negative. Similar to "when did you stop beating your wife?"

The price paid if caught is pretty high. Either people are really, really good across hundreds of schools at making the transaction without being exposed or having the kids talk... or it goes on less than many seem to think.

To believe it is as prevalent as some here suggest, I would have to believe that nearly 100% of recruits are dishonest people. All would have opportunity to receive an offer OR know that someone else had.

We're talking about over 10,000 kids in FBS alone... and almost none are talking? Kids who choose one school have a loyalty to protect a rival school that cheats?

The burden of proof is on ONLY those who claim it is happening.

@m1al LOL... Now then. I've joined in!

Yes you are correct. If what you say is truly what you believe then simple minded describes it perfectly. It is a business decision with the highly rated recruits families who are going into a power 5 conference. I am not connected but I have been around those in the past who were. To think otherwise is just laughable.
Says someone who has probably never gone through the recruiting process and it's doubtful you know more than 1 person who has. I know a few that have gone through the process and my view is that improper benefits is nothing today compared to 10-15 years ago. Folks keep saying it's rampant everywhere yet they never have a name and only produce hearsay evidence on very few instances. If it's happening everywhere like you say then simply prove it. A friend telling you it happens over drinks is not proof at all. I guess thousands of college football players are just flat out cheaters and liars according to your view. Thinking the players all lie is a simple minded take I feel.

I know Awbarn is dirtier than hell..and I know this particular recruitment went totally wacko when they got involved. If you don't wanna be thought as being dirty pigs, don't jump in the pig sty.

Listen everyone does this, the thing is you'll always know the ones who don't by checking the W/L column. The elite of the elite do what they do to sustain the level of winning and talent coming in. The smaller level guys do it to mk a splash and impress. The old saying goes "if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying."

If a number of athletes get paid on thier team say 10 of them that leaves 12 offensive/defensive starting players not receiving said benefits I would think that would cause major problems between players. Also wonder how it affects the ones with benefits depending on the highest paid down to lowest. I'm sure the higher ranked players get more but if the other recruits find out do they negotiate? I guess we may never know for sure...
I think it would create minimal problems. They pretty much want everyone to get what they can while they can. I have no idea how much money is exchanged between boosters, recruits and families, but I have little doubt it is very significant.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Well there was a comment about this one not being over based on a recent podcast about his recruitment. Seems as if that would be a more applicable conversation in this thread as opposed to arguing with someone who believes bagmen are a myth. JMO.
Sidebar conversations on message boards that thrive on conversations, can be annoying to those who simply want an AP statement released...also easily avoidable.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
If a number of athletes get paid on thier team say 10 of them that leaves 12 offensive/defensive starting players not receiving said benefits I would think that would cause major problems between players. Also wonder how it affects the ones with benefits depending on the highest paid down to lowest. I'm sure the higher ranked players get more but if the other recruits find out do they negotiate? I guess we may never know for sure...
It all depends on how much they are wanted..AU evidently wanted Hardy more than we did. I would say the discrepancies between what some schools bagmen offer, and others probably causes some bad feelings...like "hey I was gonna go there, but these other guys evidently want me a lot more" kind of problems...I think that may have happened with Hardy and his folks, but we will never know exactly. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Jr_Vol#
Says someone who has probably never gone through the recruiting process and it's doubtful you know more than 1 person who has. I know a few that have gone through the process and my view is that improper benefits is nothing today compared to 10-15 years ago. Folks keep saying it's rampant everywhere yet they never have a name and only produce hearsay evidence on very few instances. If it's happening everywhere like you say then simply prove it. A friend telling you it happens over drinks is not proof at all. I guess thousands of college football players are just flat out cheaters and liars according to your view. Thinking the players all lie is a simple minded take I feel.
🤭

I wasn’t going to give any updates on this kid, but I’ll try to give you what is going on at this time. I do know from over the weekend, that the coaching staff has reached out to him, and hasn’t let up. Also, believe it or not, the Memphis trio has talked to him several times. I was told that even though his commitment to Auburn was early, that he is still interested in Tennessee. He has told the Memphis trio, Pruitt, and the coaching staff that, even though an answer hasn’t been giving yet about changing his commitment. Do I know if he will change it, I have no clue, but it is interesting that this recruitment still goes on for now. It is interesting that he told Frenchie from Whitehaven that he’ll still be looking at Tennessee. I guess what he was saying that this Auburn commitment is 50/50 right now, and that he could swap back to Tennessee.

Sounds like he locked up his spot with AU in case that's where he decides to go. Knowing UT will always have spot....

I wasn’t going to give any updates on this kid, but I’ll try to give you what is going on at this time. I do know from over the weekend, that the coaching staff has reached out to him, and hasn’t let up. Also, believe it or not, the Memphis trio has talked to him several times. I was told that even though his commitment to Auburn was early, that he is still interested in Tennessee. He has told the Memphis trio, Pruitt, and the coaching staff that, even though an answer hasn’t been giving yet about changing his commitment. Do I know if he will change it, I have no clue, but it is interesting that this recruitment still goes on for now. It is interesting that he told Frenchie from Whitehaven that he’ll still be looking at Tennessee. I guess what he was saying that this Auburn commitment is 50/50 right now, and that he could swap back to Tennessee.

OD, thanks for the insight. In other news, the Sun rises in East & sets in the West. Hope that helps.

Speaking of bagmen/boosters, do any of you guy remember Doc Overholt from back in the 80s? Playing summer pickup BB at his place over off of Walker Springs with a bunch of UT BB and FB players back in the day opened my eyes to all this stuff.
"Bagmen" pretty much vanished off college campuses some 25 years ago with the Antonio Langham ruling. It WAS out of hand in the 80s and probably the reason everyone thinks it still happens that exact way.

What “news” do you need? He’s committed to Auburn.
pretty much where i'm at. though Price did say on the vq podcast that we're still swinging here, and are at least gonna make Auburn continue to burn resources to keep hardy...."make THEM earn it"... they do believe it will be difficult to flip him at this point.

Which players are we in on that Southeastern Athletics represent?
Dee Beckwith and his little brother Cam are both in our service. He's from the same area as our corporate home office. I believe our owner has known his father for a long time. We wrote him as a basketball player before he started to get noticed everywhere for his football. He's a great prospect I feel. We've got a few more D1 prospects but none UT has offered. The only time we really write D1 players is if we sign them on early in their Fr/So years. D1 guys are far and few between down in southern middle Tn.

Which players are we in on that Southeastern Athletics represent?
We also just had a SS baseball kid, who was an ex QB prospect commit to Middle Tn yesterday via Panama City/HendersonvilleHigh/Ittawamba, MS CC, which has no bearing on football but a sample of how recruiting works differently for different student athletes.

Reactions: SLICKYINC

VN Store

Back