'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Not many looked like Reggie Grimes inside Camping World Stadium. He looks more like a junior in college than he does one in high school. He has great lower-body strength, long arms and he could project as a stand-up linebacker or defensive end on the next level. He is an Alabama legacy, so the Crimson Tide stand a good chance early. He was impressive during drills, then he was out there breaking up passes in coverage.
-Rivals

Not many looked like Reggie Grimes inside Camping World Stadium. He looks more like a junior in college than he does one in high school. He has great lower-body strength, long arms and he could project as a stand-up linebacker or defensive end on the next level. He is an Alabama legacy, so the Crimson Tide stand a good chance early. He was impressive during drills, then he was out there breaking up passes in coverage.
-Rivals

I know a coach in middle TN, who works with NPA a little, who called this guy a super fraud. Am interested to see how his career plays out.

Fraud? As in, not as advertised?

Maybe seems to be a little overrated. I know one game is a small sample size but I saw the Lebanon game as well - on television. He didn't look more explosive, just bigger than most of the kids. I thought Logue, for Lebanon (UGA commit), looked good.

I think Grimes has a lot of potential but he will need work in the weight room. Things can change from junior to senior year but may not be a plug and play.

"Tennessee is definitely making me feel like a priority. Every time I go up there, they tell me I can play whatever I want to play and that I can start at that position because they play the best players regardless of age. When coach Butch Jones was there, it wasn't much of a winning culture. With coach Jeremy Pruitt there, there is order, there is structure and all the players are working together to try to win.

Rivals

Bama/Clemson lead

I personally like the Barron kid out to Ensworth. Hes physical, big with speed.

Both Grimes and Barron are extremely talented. Theres a chance of both being VOLs If I had to say which has the better chance I'd say Barron. The reason being his dad is on the staff at UT. Grimes is very humble and open to the recruiting process. He is allowed to be that way by his family who is as has been said before BIG TIME Alabama fans and alumns.

Can't wait for all the Cade Mays bashers to come in here and say how important it is for Reggie to follow his own path and make his own decision.
Cade Mays was a Knoxville kid committed to UT for a couple years and flipped a couple months before NSD to a division rival. How's that similar to Reggie Grimes?

Both Grimes and Barron are extremely talented. Theres a chance of both being VOLs If I had to say which has the better chance I'd say Barron. The reason being his dad is on the staff at UT. Grimes is very humble and open to the recruiting process. He is allowed to be that way by his family who is as has been said before BIG TIME Alabama fans and alumns.
I know someone who works will y'all sometimes, who says Grimes is a fraud...a shorts and T-shirt champion that doesn't translate to the field. Your thoughts?

Heard/Seen that too...
Have you heard anything about Barron not being interested in TN, although his dad is on staff, because apparently Pruitt told his dad, that either his son better be a Vol or he doesn't have a job? I am not saying it's true but I saw someone say that somewhere, and haven't mentioned it until now. Just curious if you have heard anything similar.

Reactions: #Vol4Life1991
Have you heard anything about Barron not being interested in TN, although his dad is on staff, because apparently Pruitt told his dad, that either his son better be a Vol or he doesn't have a job? I am not saying it's true but I saw someone say that somewhere, and haven't mentioned it until now. Just curious if you have heard anything similar.
Yeah, OG...my brother heard the same thing you did, from the same person.

VN Store

Back