'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

“They want me, and they’ve made it clear that they will be a winning football team,” said Grimes, who’s ranked the No. 51 overall prospect and No. 4 weakside defensive end in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class.
Grimes said he’s convinced that the Vols will have success under Pruitt because of “just the way that the players are now,” based on his two trips to Tennessee this year.
“It’s different from the way they were when the last coaches were there,” Grimes said. “It’s completely different.”

Reggie is definitely one of the most unique guys I've ever been around. Kid has "it". He just plays anywhere MTJ needs him and excels in doing so. Very humble kid who has the advantages of having a dad who can coach him up but yet still finds a desire to come to NPA and be a leader and learn more. I really hope CJP, CCR, and CTR can pull this one off because he's a must in the 2020 class

WDE Reggie Grimes, Mt. Juliet (Tenn.) – The new No. 1 player in the state of Tennessee is all upside. He’s got length, elite athleticism with freakish testing numbers and a versatile multi-position background in addition to pedigree with a former NFL father. He’s now ranked No. 22 in the country. An Alabama legacy, the tide holds two Crystal Ball picks.

- 247 Barton Simmons

Reactions: de1conley
WDE Reggie Grimes, Mt. Juliet (Tenn.) – The new No. 1 player in the state of Tennessee is all upside. He’s got length, elite athleticism with freakish testing numbers and a versatile multi-position background in addition to pedigree with a former NFL father. He’s now ranked No. 22 in the country. An Alabama legacy, the tide holds two Crystal Ball picks.

- 247 Barton Simmons
This is one of those instate players I would say is a cant miss on. Everyone will be pissd if we lose him .I hope staff is building that relationship.

well considering his father played at Alabama it will be a tough pull. So it's likely a miss. But if we can pull him, it would be a huge get. Would love that Baron kid.
Mt Juliet plays Lebanon next Friday night I think and its supposed to be the my tv 30 game as well. I plan on attending that one. Would absolutely love to see this cat as a Vol but will be very tough since he's a bama legacy

Reactions: Go Fight Win
Mt Juliet plays Lebanon next Friday night I think and its supposed to be the my tv 30 game as well. I plan on attending that one. Would absolutely love to see this cat as a Vol but will be very tough since he's a bama legacy
Maybe not so tuff. He is playing in TN. Maybe he wants to represent His state.

Did anyone see the Mt Juliet vs Lebanon game? I watched some of it but I didn't focus on Grimes. I saw him run the ball a few times but I wasn't that impressed. I don't expect him to run the ball either. I wonder if he is really 6'5". Has anyone seen him play in person?

Sounds like he’s open from what I’ve heard, but I still count this as having the feel of an uphill battle for us.

Did anyone see the Mt Juliet vs Lebanon game? I watched some of it but I didn't focus on Grimes. I saw him run the ball a few times but I wasn't that impressed. I don't expect him to run the ball either. I wonder if he is really 6'5". Has anyone seen him play in person?
I watched the first half and wasn’t super impressed either. He didn’t dominate the way I would have expected.

Crystal Ball predictions: Alabama 100%

Grimes, a four-star prospect who's ranked the No. 1 player from Tennessee in the 247Sports Composite for the 2020 class, has emerged as one of the top in-state targets for Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt's staff. Grimes has visited the Vols multiple times this year, including a visit Saturday for their home opener. He's the son of former Alabama defensive lineman Reggie Grimes Sr., and all three Crystal Ball predictions point to the Crimson Tide as the team to beat.

RC

The versatile athlete and Alabama legacy is already a Rivals100 prospect, but after watching him play live, it’s clear he should be ranked even higher. Grimes plays both defensive end and running back for his high school team, despite being 6-foot-5 and more than 200 pounds. Most schools view him as a future stand-up outside linebacker and his athleticism will serve him very well at the next level. His all-around versatility shows just how special he is as a player and once his energy is focused on one position, he will likely improve by leaps and bounds.

rivals

Reactions: VOLuptuousBOOMS

VN Store

Back