'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Can’t believe someone tried to compare him to bates. Bates was not near as athletic. Your hope with bates was he was cerebral enough to overcome althetic shortcomings and had daddy’s heart. He didn’t have the want to because after a couple injuries he got in his head that he did t want to end up beat up at an old age like his dad. Can’t blame him. Grimes problem is merely he needs a strength program to build his strength up and a coaching staff that can coach him
Dillion Bates- 4.51 40; 4.09 shuttle; 39.8 vert
Reggie- 4.58 40; 4.25 shuttle; 32 vert
I watched this guy play against an extremely overmatched Gallatin team. He never once stood out. Talent and size overcomes coaching in high school. I hope he does well and I believe he can. I’m just stating that there’s a reason the big dogs (that everyone praises for being better evaluators than rivals, etc) have been slow playing him or not playing him at all. I hope he balls tf out his senior year and everything clicks.

I watched this guy play against an extremely overmatched Gallatin team. He never once stood out. Talent and size overcomes coaching in high school. I hope he does well and I believe he can. I’m just stating that there’s a reason the big dogs (that everyone praises for being better evaluators than rivals, etc) have been slow playing him or not playing him at all. I hope he balls tf out his senior year and everything clicks.

Still a very bad comparison and again you don't what the game olan was against Gallatin. In an overmatched game it might hv bn a we're not showing our hand game. Do you believe that he could be nominated for Mr. Football, Dandy Dozen, etc if he was such an avg guy?

I could look at bates and tell you he didint run a true 4.51. That was when the Opening was handing out 4.3s to everyone that ran basically. Grimes is also bigger.

Still a very bad comparison and again you don't what the game olan was against Gallatin. In an overmatched game it might hv bn a we're not showing our hand game. Do you believe that he could be nominated for Mr. Football, Dandy Dozen, etc if he was such an avg guy?
You know that talent beats gameplan in high school. Everyone already knows he’s the best player in state. They aren’t going to surprise anyone. When you go up against lineman smaller and slower than you. I mean we all know you shouldn’t let anything by you

This guy is a great athlete. I don’t want to make it sound like I don’t think he is. I was just stating an opinion of comparison of the dog on the field

If Grimes can register at least 10 tackles in a season, then he is light-years better than Bates. BTW do not even know or care if Bates recorded a collegiate tackle. He is right up there with Brian Darden for the most overrated signee UT has ever landed.

If Grimes can register at least 10 tackles in a season, then he is light-years better than Bates. BTW do not even know or care if Bates recorded a collegiate tackle. He is right up there with Brian Darden for the most overrated signee UT has ever landed.
The mere fact that we’re even comparing him to Bates is the problem. Grimes will get a chance to shut up his critics, myself included. And I really hope he does make me eat crow. He’s looked good in some of these camps, very good. He didn’t have the stats or the film of a prospect that is rated as highly as he currently is. He will get a chance to put up some numbers this year and should.

Right now I believe Carolina leads bc they’re the best school that will take him now. I’ve saw the quotes and I know analysts are saying differently.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
You know that talent beats gameplan in high school. Everyone already knows he’s the best player in state. They aren’t going to surprise anyone. When you go up against lineman smaller and slower than you. I mean we all know you shouldn’t let anything by you

Best player in the state??
He wasn't even the best player on his team last year.

Lawrence
Baron
Thomas
Mays
Eason
Hardy
Small
Walker
Trybka

Are all better players than this young man.

And to the rest of your point, those smaller lineman WERE stopping him last year
... And that's not good.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Best player in the state??
He wasn't even the best player on his team last year.

Lawrence
Baron
Thomas
Mays
Eason
Hardy
Small
Walker
Trybka

Are all better players than this young man.

And to the rest of your point, those smaller lineman WERE stopping him last year
... And that's not good.
Exactly, but don’t go against the grain with this one. I don’t get how anyone can say he is better than Lawrence

Lol Khalil Mckenzie....

Reactions: gunner
Again, I'm glad there are so many FBS recruiters/coaches who have profiles on VN.

It's a good thing too because ESPN has this guy as the 10th best prospect in the NATION. I'm sure a lot of people (like me) are going to get sucked in by all that hype so it's extremely important that we stay focused on the outstanding work of our own community's expert evaluations. I confess I'm struggling to stay on the "don't want" train. Prayers requested.

It's a good thing too because ESPN has this guy as the 10th best prospect in the NATION. I'm sure a lot of people (like me) are going to get sucked in by all that hype so it's extremely important that we stay focused on the outstanding work of our own community's expert evaluations. I confess I'm struggling to stay on the "don't want" train. Prayers requested.
1563591805019.gif

1563591830190.gif

VN Store

Back