'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

I believe he’s saying not all workout warriors translate to the football field...you can impress in shorts and helmets and then flat out suck when the pads are on (ala Dillon Bates)

But there's nothing to indicate Reggie as thus. He has stats not only a camp/ work out guy. Do the ppl saying this stuff realize he played Rb, TE, LB, DE for MtJuliet?

But there's nothing to indicate Reggie as thus. He has stats not only a camp/ work out guy. Do the ppl saying this stuff realize he played Rb, TE, LB, DE for MtJuliet?
People almost always take a little bit of information and form strong opinions and beliefs. Standard human behavior.

It boggles my mind how this isn’t a Bryce Brown type thread. But for some reason people aren’t wanting to trust what is right in front of them. The kid’s a beast and we need beasts like him. Should be an easy marriage.

Good thing Vol Nation ain’t in charge of recruiting.

there's no way he's not a take. 6'5", 240, and we need pass rushers? sign me up. siap, i think Grimes is a bit of a victim of his own success. he doesn't make every wow play you'd expect a kid to make that's rated like he is. but i still think a lot of that is because other teams really have to account for him. and in doing so, it steers plays in to other players' hands. so even if he's not the one making the play, you can still kinda trace the reason for the play back to him.

and when he does make the wow play, it stands out. reminds me a little of a julius peppers type. i remember him being accused of being lazy and taking plays off etc...but you go back and look and you see double teams or see him dropping in coverage covering TE's and RB's lol. or making some freakish play in space and then other times, just straight killin' folks on his way to a sack or TFL.

now i don't know if Grimes winds up like that, i'd bet against it cause it's so rare........but he has the athletic ability and frame to work towards it....and that's all you can really ask for.

Why do you think he hasn’t already committed? It has been pulled

giphy.gif

Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood four-star defensive end Reggie Grimes remains a big priority for South Carolina and is someone they have a realistic shot to land, particularly if Alabama remains focused on others ahead of him on their board at his position. One source I spoke with recently emphasized that Grimes’ relationship with current Gamecock defensive end Joe Anderson, a fellow Tennessee native, is one that is particularly strong and not just a scenario where they are acquaintances. Grimes and his father also have a great amount of respect for head coach Will Muschamp and defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson and the way run the program and the defensive system as a whole.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Brentwood (Tenn.) One source I spoke with recently emphasized that Grimes’ relationship with current Gamecock defensive end Joe Anderson, a fellow Tennessee native, is one that is particularly strong and not just a scenario where they are acquaintances.

Ugh, not taking Anderson last year is turning out to be a mistake in more ways than one. :eek:

Reactions: BucksnortVol
Brentwood (Tenn.) Ravenwood four-star defensive end Reggie Grimes remains a big priority for South Carolina and is someone they have a realistic shot to land, particularly if Alabama remains focused on others ahead of him on their board at his position. One source I spoke with recently emphasized that Grimes’ relationship with current Gamecock defensive end Joe Anderson, a fellow Tennessee native, is one that is particularly strong and not just a scenario where they are acquaintances. Grimes and his father also have a great amount of respect for head coach Will Muschamp and defensive coordinator Travaris Robinson and the way run the program and the defensive system as a whole.
Let the season play out first. Let's see what uscE's record is when he publically announces.

Can’t believe someone tried to compare him to bates. Bates was not near as athletic. Your hope with bates was he was cerebral enough to overcome althetic shortcomings and had daddy’s heart. He didn’t have the want to because after a couple injuries he got in his head that he did t want to end up beat up at an old age like his dad. Can’t blame him. Grimes problem is merely he needs a strength program to build his strength up and a coaching staff that can coach him

VN Store

Back