'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

From an outsider's pov, watching as many Vols games as I do (or am forced to) it seems like a major void in the front seven, year after year, for the Vols is they're lacking athletes.

I don't know much about this kid, but his measurables and "plus traits" on the field seem like an ideal fit for a guy like Pruitt to develop, and a major need for the roster.

I'm not sure what the recruiting dynamics of the perinnel national powers have to do with this. Tennessee isn't even close to that level yet. In 3-4 years, with this staff, it's certainly possible. But it's 2019. The Vols need elite athletes in their field house.

From an outsider's pov, watching as many Vols games as I do (or am forced to) it seems like a major void in the front seven, year after year, for the Vols is they're lacking athletes.

I don't know much about this kid, but his measurables and "plus traits" on the field seem like an ideal fit for a guy like Pruitt to develop, and a major need for the roster.

I'm not sure what the recruiting dynamics of the perinnel national powers have to do with this. Tennessee isn't even close to that level yet. In 3-4 years, with this staff, it's certainly possible. But it's 2019. The Vols need elite athletes in their field house.
this all day

thanks for the breakdown. always look forward to another fan from different fanbase coming over to give their take on our team.

Looks like he's been to SC as much as AL. Not to TN much at all. Funny that he isn't mentioned much with the group of in state players that are close.
Kinda backs up the notion that there's disagreement on Grimes in Knoxville. Either as a player in general or what he should be recruited as.

I don't believe he's an absolute priority currently.

Overall his recruitment has been quiet, relatively speaking.... So jmo lol

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Kinda backs up the notion that there's disagreement on Grimes in Knoxville. Either as a player in general or what he should be recruited as.

I don't believe he's an absolute priority currently.

Overall his recruitment has been quiet, relatively speaking.... So jmo lol
Yes, as high as he is ranked the media should be going on and on as if he is a must get, but you rarely hear much about him.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Looks like he's been to SC as much as AL. Not to TN much at all. Funny that he isn't mentioned much with the group of in state players that are close.
Yes, as high as he is ranked the media should be going on and on as if he is a must get, but you rarely hear much about him.
Ding ding ding.

We hear: Mays, Lawrence, Baron, Hardy, Morris, Rybka, Thomas, Hodge.

Never hear about Grimes... I don’t think the staff is pursuing like most would think.

Staff's not riding him like other recruits such as Cooper and KL. He's not getting the "Love" as much as the others. They wouldn't turn him down, but they're not pushing for a commitment either.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Pretty much. I’m sure some filthy casuals will lose their minds when he commits to Carolina.

Dallas Walker is the head scratcher this year to me. We should be pushing harder there and now.

VN Store

Back