'20 TN ATH Reggie Grimes (Oklahoma commit)

Seems to be overanked by the recruiting services and if Saban is backing off, that’s a pretty good indication.

Bama can target the top 5 national prospects at every position and have a legit shot a most. For the most part, they're fishing in completely different waters than we are, so I don't think the fact that Bama isn't interested as a real knock on Grimes.

Bama can target the top 5 national prospects at every position and have a legit shot a most. For the most part, they're fishing in completely different waters than we are, so I don't think the fact that Bama isn't interested as a real knock on Grimes.
Sorta true.

Reactions: volsagain
This is a total guess but if they have doubts then it has to be in testing something not right with his bends (ankles,knees,waist) or maybe his desire.... I know it’s not about his production because that can be coached.. it has to be something that’s not (coachable) I would think atleast...

Reactions: WeeohdeeWood

Wouldn’t a 5 star guy be among the top 5 nationally at his position? And the son of a legacy? And keep him from a potential opponent? And where’s Ohio St. etc?

Just those who are concerned about winning. But who really cares about wins right?

In the last 15 yrs, the 5 stars here haven’t carried their weight. Many were “look like Tarzan, play like Jane”. Others were busts for other reasons. NTL, a bust is a bust. Eric Berry was one of the few who worked out. I seriously question how any kid with 1 sack in high school their jr year could be a 5 star kid. Sorry.

In the last 15 yrs, the 5 stars here haven’t carried their weight. Many were “look like Tarzan, play like Jane”. Others were busts for other reasons. NTL, a bust is a bust. Eric Berry was one of the few who worked out. I seriously question how any kid with 1 sack in high school their jr year could be a 5 star kid. Sorry.

Kid is an ultra athlete, but I have to agree in a sense...plays with more finesse on film than I expected..

Seems like that is what Fulmer (latter half of his tenure) and Butch did way too often. Need to be sure they fit a role on the team.
Worst case scenario you get a 6'4" 240 lb track star that hits like a truck on special teams... best case scenario, you teach the kid a few pass rushing moves and Derek Barnett 2.0 happens... I don't see the downside... it's a scholarship... he's clearly worth one...

All this "he's overrated" nonsense is just that... OK, fine... he's overrated... what should his proper rating be? Low 4-star? Still a take

Grimes may be a take for any team other than Bama or Clemson. I wasn't really opining on him specifically, even though it is his thread. Just more generally stating that in the past 15 years, it seems like Vols have had more 5* busts than any other program. I'd feel better on this one if he had a commitable offer from Bama, although that probably means we'd have no shot at him.

Grimes may be a take for any team other than Bama or Clemson. I wasn't really opining on him specifically, even though it is his thread. Just more generally stating that in the past 15 years, it seems like Vols have had more 5* busts than any other program. I'd feel better on this one if he had a commitable offer from Bama, although that probably means we'd have no shot at him.

The committable South Carolina offer makes me feel a bit better. Muschamp does know defense.

I dont really care one way or the other. Kid has the build and athleticism to be successful but he's never really shown out on film or a stat sheet and this is Tennessee HS football.

VN Store

Back