'22 TN ATH Barion Brown

m1al

I'm the most wanted man on my island...
No its not because it is a business decision because you're make a very business like decision to better set yourself up for the next 5+ years of your life. For example go be a part of a rebuild at a place that has not turned out very many pros or go to a place where they have 5 or more pros yearly and the foundation is already set. Sometimes the Fandom blocks a clear path of thinking. The goal is not go where I been a fan and struggle based on the last 20 years, but to go where the culture is fun, they win, produce pros, a legendary HC, and so on.
IMO, you choose the place that best prepares you for life AFTER playing a game ends, because it WILL end.. Might be a couple of years, might be 10 or 15, but it will end and a man has to live after the games are over......

I'm old fashioned and just plain old so my view of priorities are most likely different than most kids.......

VolInDayton

I mean you can look at this Data and figure it out for yourself lol.

But let me decipher it for you. Willie Martinez was his DB coach from 2014 to 2016. Each of those years Moseley got better as a DB. Moseley’s Junior year under Willie Martinez was his best year.

So yes, Willie Martinez gets credit for who Moseley was as a DB his production dropped off when Charlton Warren (Warren sucked btw) was his DB Coach in 2017. View attachment 355224
I don't know if tackles the best stat to measure a corners performance. 2016 looks like he got picked on. I don't see anything that says he got worst when Warren came here.

de1conley

Kodi Burns will work him to the 9th hour but it's a hard sell when it comes to being told come here for a rebuild under these sanctions vs hey man come here and you can be the next Waddle, Ruggs, or D. Smith plus win the SEC and a NC. One positive is Walker playing Wr and being on campus. He was the leader of the Wr group at NPA and kids loved him. Not saying that will do this or that just saying he was a leader and kids loved to be around him and do things he led them to do.

de1conley

I mean you can look at this Data and figure it out for yourself lol.

But let me decipher it for you. Willie Martinez was his DB coach from 2014 to 2016. Each of those years Moseley got better as a DB. Moseley’s Junior year under Willie Martinez was his best year.

So yes, Willie Martinez gets credit for who Moseley was as a DB his production dropped off when Charlton Warren (Warren sucked btw) was his DB Coach in 2017. View attachment 355224
So this is your basis LOL Eman was a good kid but come on buddy. He's a DB. And you posted this 2 ints in 4 yrs, you posted his tkl increase and said this is the basis of your defense? Pull up the film Eman was a chewed up wkly. He went undrafted if you're going to mention someone mention Cam Sutton. Once you view it you'll see the same trend his numbers went down yr by yr.

jakez4ut

Patience... It's what's for dinner
Feels like we'd need this to go the distance, and we'd have to really show progress in the passing game this fall, to have a shot.

VOLATNES

So this is your basis LOL Eman was a good kid but come on buddy. He's a DB. And you posted this 2 ints in 4 yrs, you posted his tkl increase and said this is the basis of your defense? Pull up the film Eman was a chewed up wkly. He went undrafted if you're going to mention someone mention Cam Sutton. Once you view it you'll see the same trend his numbers went down yr by yr.
I have no clue if Martinez is a good coach or not. I wasn’t real keen on him based on the things you just posted. I do have a question on that though. If he isn’t a good coach, then how does a guy stay in jobs at Power 5 level schools? Looks like he would finally be pushed out to lower level jobs if he doesn’t bring something to the table?

jakez4ut

Patience... It's what's for dinner
I have no clue if Martinez is a good coach or not. I wasn’t real keen on him based on the things you just posted. I do have a question on that though. If he isn’t a good coach, then how does a guy stay in jobs at Power 5 level schools? Looks like he would finally be pushed out to lower level jobs if he doesn’t bring something to the table?
He's a good recruiter. And after further review (because I never thought he was all that great either), Seems better for guys with really low floors and high ceilings. Not as good with the guys with high floors. Jmo

Nashvegas31

Kodi Burns will work him to the 9th hour but it's a hard sell when it comes to being told come here for a rebuild under these sanctions vs hey man come here and you can be the next Waddle, Ruggs, or D. Smith plus win the SEC and a NC. One positive is Walker playing Wr and being on campus. He was the leader of the Wr group at NPA and kids loved him. Not saying that will do this or that just saying he was a leader and kids loved to be around him and do things he led them to do.
Good luck to anyone trying to recruit WR vs Bama right now. Similar to Clemson there for a few years but Bama has jumped them. You have to hope they have other bigger fish that string it along allowing you time to get some games where you get some of these young WRs to light it up. I could see our WRs putting up some big numbers as he has had them doing so everywhere and will have the most talent potential WR room he has had in several stops.

TrippieRedd

I hope we get him.

Best WR instate this year and it's not close. I want Cameron Miller as well.

Not expecting Horton to come here.

Orange Raid

No, he never gave Tennessee a fair shot to change his mind if he really made the decision 2/1/2021. Trying to sell me on that he didn’t kick Tennessee while we are down isn’t gonna work either. Ty’s dad wouldn’t like for a kid to do that to him at UTM and his kid shouldn’t have done it to UT. Really if he made the decision 2/1/2021 as he said himself, be a man and tell the coach there is just too much ground to make up so they can give the attention to another an rather than wasting our time.

de1conley

He has lots of friends due to the connections that he gained via Richt and other places. He only had 4 P5 jobs UGA, Oklahoma, Auburn, and UT. For what it’s worth Auburn and OK we short stops. Followed by Cincy and UCF. So he was pushed out at places. Coaching is the land of recycling guys

de1conley

No, he never gave Tennessee a fair shot to change his mind if he really made the decision 2/1/2021. Trying to sell me on that he didn’t kick Tennessee while we are down isn’t gonna work either. Ty’s dad wouldn’t like for a kid to do that to him at UTM and his kid shouldn’t have done it to UT. Really if he made the decision 2/1/2021 as he said himself, be a man and tell the coach there is just too much ground to make up so they can give the attention to another an rather than wasting our time.
cry me a river

Orange Raid

De1, I’m not crying a river. You can see that if the decision was made when he said it was, he lied about giving us a chance. Now I’m not saying he has to be above board in this because recruiting is all about games people play. But, the son of a coach has to see both sides of the coin when dad comes home upset he didn’t get someone he really really wanted. At any rate, he is the enemy now.

de1conley

De1, I’m not crying a river. You can see that if the decision was made when he said it was, he lied about giving us a chance. Now I’m not saying he has to be above board in this because recruiting is all about games people play. But, the son of a coach has to see both sides of the coin when dad comes home upset he didn’t get someone he really really wanted. At any rate, he is the enemy now.
Lmao he's no enemy at all. He's a kid who chose a school in his best interests. He's surley not worried about a grown person calling him enemy. Only grown men on this message board are still worried about that decision and labeling him "the enemy". Lmao hee-larry-us

Orange Raid

De1, you serious Clark? I couldn’t care less what he thinks of me. I’m just saying he is a member of the Alabama football team. They are the enemy. Therefore, he is the enemy now. His decision is behind him and I’m fine with him making a choice. He didn’t choose Tennessee so he no longer matters to us.

VN Store

Sponsors