Tiyon Evans transferring to Louisville

It’s hard to explain unless you’re familiar with how Memphis lowers their standards to cater to high schoolers in Shelby County public schools.

Louisville is a mostly commuter school that doesn’t get much a student body outside of the greater Louisville area, and the public school system is awful, so they have a very low barrier to entry to get those dollars from 18 year old kids.

This right here , I don’t think this could of been said any better. And it’s not a bad thing, it’s not a good thing, it’s just the way it is.

Don’t know this young kids background or life history or thought process or lack there of. probably programmed years ago he can and is good enough to play anywhere in college and make it to the NFL..if the kid can get into Louisville and not UT but possibly leave with a degree and maybe with a lil more time a switch flips and realizes what a degree from any major universality is worth. He** I’d love to had one from a school like Memphis or Louisville..I settled for dalton state. Good luck Evans

Fine that he wants to move on, but I'm not necessarily going to be pulling for him. Not in this case.

He was here short time, flashed how good he was and got some attention, then had mystery injuries that cost him to miss the rest of the season. Then transferred. Sure does look like he quit the team mid season.

I’m guessing he thought he could go pro after one season and bailed on class. It probably would have worked for him but then he got injured and the house of cards came down. It kind of makes sense to as he really tried to play through an injury there for a while.

This one is easy. The locker room has to have a culture that reflects the head coaches vision and the teams mission. If someone doesn't meet the mission and vision values, you cut bait. If you allow folks to make exceptions, you lose both. He didn't want to live up to the standard being set. This is the story.

This one is easy. The locker room has to have a culture that reflects the head coaches vision and the teams mission. If someone doesn't meet the mission and vision values, you cut bait. If you allow folks to make exceptions, you lose both. He didn't want to live up to the standard being set. This is the story.
He didn't go to class. That is the story.

If you bring in people who are solely interested in profiting from the team, it is hard to justify complaining when they make selfish decisions. Or as a colleague used to say, “when you run a whorehouse, you can’t complain about all the prostitutes hanging around”.

This right here , I don’t think this could of been said any better. And it’s not a bad thing, it’s not a good thing, it’s just the way it is.

Don’t know this young kids background or life history or thought process or lack there of. probably programmed years ago he can and is good enough to play anywhere in college and make it to the NFL..if the kid can get into Louisville and not UT but possibly leave with a degree and maybe with a lil more time a switch flips and realizes what a degree from any major universality is worth. He** I’d love to had one from a school like Memphis or Louisville..I settled for dalton state. Good luck Evans

This transfer is more upsetting to me than the last 400+. I hate it, I really think in a year or two he would have been a Vol Legend. I'm gonna make myself feel better by saying he was injury prone anyway.

We don’t know the details here, but he was definitely producing on the field before injuries. He’s got the skill to make it big and I hope he does. Why he transferred, we can only speculate, but I kinda doubt it had anything to do with locker room or anything football.

VN Store

Back