Tiyon Evans transferring to Louisville

Evans as I understand it was a one and done and the coaches knew that. Here is what he faces currently.

Problem #1-He didn’t go to class. So if he has no GPA from this semester he is probably done at any college. Unless he has decided to catch up on work to stay eligible. He can also probably do that this winter at Louisville if he actually ends up there.

Problem #2-He was injured most of the season and has little film for NFL teams.

I think he will go to the league even as a free agent. Why ? He doesn’t like going to class. Be surprised if a team drafts him. But you never know. Maybe there is enough film that a team will chance it. Louisville is only a fallback in case he gets really bad news from the league. Heupel probably told him he was gone several months ago since he didn’t go to class.

Last edited:
Are the grade requirements really that much less at Louisville though? Maybe they are and I just don’t realize it, but seems like he wouldn’t be able to get into Louisville if grades were an issue.

Yes… big time difference.

We beat the Mildkittens at their place and Louisville got run over in their own stadium, so we are not the same.
Yeah, they had a Heisman Trophy winner 5 years ago too. I'm not saying they are better than us, but there's not a Corvette-Taurus difference between us. We've both been dog **** the last several years.

Are the grade requirements really that much less at Louisville though? Maybe they are and I just don’t realize it, but seems like he wouldn’t be able to get into Louisville if grades were an issue.

It’s hard to explain unless you’re familiar with how Memphis lowers their standards to cater to high schoolers in Shelby County public schools.

Louisville is a mostly commuter school that doesn’t get much a student body outside of the greater Louisville area, and the public school system is awful, so they have a very low barrier to entry to get those dollars from 18 year old kids.

Reactions: Volwonder1
Yeah, they had a Heisman Trophy winner 5 years ago too. I'm not saying they are better than us, but there's not a Corvette-Taurus difference between us. We've both been dog **** the last several years.
Tennessee football is not comparable to Louisville football. You should have your VFL card pulled for even suggesting such blasphemy.

Is it family related?
Kid had talent, had people in his ear telling him he could go pro, decided not to do the things necessary to stay eligible, decides to blame the program for his dumb decisions and transfer.

That’s the readers digest version if anyone is curious.

If Evans earns a Blutarsky GPA (0.0) this semester, I think he has to pass 18 hours during Spring semester at UofL to play next Fall. That’s usually 5 or 6 classes. Don’t think Summer school counts on the 18 hr rule.

Maybe he’ll somehow pass a few classes this Fall at UT, but we keep hearing that classes weren’t on his agenda.

Whatev, Dude. Good luck.

Tomorrow is the 80th anniversary of the day which shall live in infamy!" God bless the memory of the brave souls who perished that day.

My dad was a gunner's mate in WW1 when the USS Nevada was commissioned. a Super-Dreadnought, based at Bantry Bay, Ireland, she met a German armada in the North Sea and sunk four heavy cruisers in 15 minutes. Only engagement of the war... but she was the only battleship to get underway during Pearl Harbor. Refitted with four 3-gun16" turrets, she was a monster. Daddy said the shells were like "shooting a Volkswagen".... 2700 pounds each.

To this day, he is still the best man I have ever known.

Last edited:
I feel like you have to try not pass classes as an athlete at a school like TN. With all the resources these guys have.

Good luck to him.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I feel like you have to try not pass classes as an athlete at a school like TN. With all the resources these guys have.

Good luck to him.

That’s the dirty open secret isn’t it? I had several classes with football players and I would be surprised if half of them did half the work they said they did. Everyone knew if you had a football player in your class, everyone was passing and the tutors did the vast majority of the work for them. If Evans had to transfer because of grades, he was next level lazy in terms of school.

Reactions: tbh

VN Store

Back