Tiyon Evans transferring to Louisville

A real head scratcher. I guess if he truly wasn't going to class, then Louisville was easier to get in than bigger schools

You know what would have been a bigger head scratcher? Had he signed with vandy, stanford or some other school that want to be considered ivy league type academics. But Louisville? They might prevent people from spelling cat with a k. Just to spite UK.

Tomorrow is the 80th anniversary of the day which shall live in infamy!" God bless the memory of the brave souls who perished that day.

My dad was a gunner's mate in WW1 when the USS Nevada was commissioned. a Super-Dreadnought, based at Bantry Bay, Ireland, she met a German armada in the North Sea and sunk four heavy cruisers in 15 minutes. Only engagement of the war... but she was the only battleship to get underway during Pearl Harbor. Refitted with four 3-gun16" turrets, she was a monster. Daddy said the shells were like "shooting a Volkswagen".... 2700 pounds each.

To this day, he is still the best man I have ever known.
Saw a survey a couple of years ago how few people knew the significance of December 7th. I could hardly believe it. My dad was at Normandy and Okinawa. Still…the greatest generation. I know you are proud of your father’s service. I am too!

Tomorrow is the 80th anniversary of the day which shall live in infamy!" God bless the memory of the brave souls who perished that day.

My dad was a gunner's mate in WW1 when the USS Nevada was commissioned. a Super-Dreadnought, based at Bantry Bay, Ireland, she met a German armada in the North Sea and sunk four heavy cruisers in 15 minutes. Only engagement of the war... but she was the only battleship to get underway during Pearl Harbor. Refitted with four 3-gun16" turrets, she was a monster. Daddy said the shells were like "shooting a Volkswagen".... 2700 pounds each.

To this day, he is still the best man I have ever known.
Your dad sounds like a great man.

He compared opponents' defenses and realized where he could rack up the most yards on the ground before draft day. Honestly, not a bad move. Not a vfl. But not a bad move for Stat grabbing.

Reactions: IndianaVol
Might be after getting hit by SEC tacklers, it was more ouch than he cared for. Perhaps Louisville is closer to the JUCO tacklers he was used to. Good luck to him all the same.

If that is true, what a waste of a free education! I wasn’t able to attend a university coming out of high school, the scholarship dollars weren’t as plentiful back then, so I plowed thru the CC level.

Tomorrow is the 80th anniversary of the day which shall live in infamy!"
The greatest generation! I wonder how many on this forum, and others like this, ever got to really KNOW these men and women of that era. VERY few of them are left. My great uncle just passed a few weeks ago, he was the last one I knew.

Reactions: tennrich1
Last I watched them they were also a spread offense. Odd decision. It’s almost as if he was just making nonsense excuses

First off, to those stating the academic requirements to get into Louisville are lower than Tennessee are not correct.
I applied to both schools for engineering and the requirements for entry were the same - I would suspect this holds true for general studies as well.

My opinion is that Evans did what some have suggested and looked around to see what schools could showcase his RB talent in a league that still has national exposure and he wouldn't get the buh-jaysus knocked out of him on every play...it worked fairly well for Ty Chandler this year.

Might be after getting hit by SEC tacklers, it was more ouch than he cared for. Perhaps Louisville is closer to the JUCO tacklers he was used to. Good luck to him all the same.

If this was the case, then NFL means "Not For Long" regarding Mr. Evans.

Isn't odd when he was about to flunk out for not attending classes... Or at least that is the rumor 🤷🏻
The rumor that you read right here just now? But passing off as some insight even though you’ve no clue at all what the facts are?

Yes… big time difference.

Yeah, Tennessee used to have several crip courses, but nowadays I guess they want to be known academically as a Vanderbilt, Duke or Stanford. Some schools are more focused on sports programs and their enginneering majors might go on to really fun develop playground equipment instead of building planes and becoming astronauts.

The rumor that you read right here just now? But passing off as some insight even though you’ve no clue at all what the facts are?
The rumor from day one and reading the writing on the wall as well.. Go back to the beginning and read. Lawvol said he didnt like to go to class.. Fairly certain he knows a little.. Just my opinion as everyone else not in the know..

If this was the case, then NFL means "Not For Long" regarding Mr. Evans.

True. However, the operative words in my post are "might" and "perhaps." His leaving is odd. He was obviously, RB1 and doing rather well. It might be he felt the coaches were pressuring him to play when he was hurt and felt unready. Thus, figured they didn't care about his well-being. Bottomline is, neither I nor anyone else not directly involved in the program have the slightest idea of why he left. We can, as I did, joke about. Or, as plenty others did, speculate, theorize, gossip, and even fictionalize about it. We just don't know, but I wish we did. Really puzzling. Maybe in Louisville, Tiyon will learn to ground-fly or air-swim, learn to tame and ride a wyvern, maybe even time travel. Meanwhile, I hope our Vols make it to the NCS and send Evans a ticket to our title game.

1638891637519.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 90 Vol
But, he said he was making Knoxville his home for life when he arrived. I think he was bad for the chemistry of this team and was asked (told) to leave.
This makes more sense than anything. Or he was held to a standard for the first time and didn’t like being accountable to it. Who knows.

If it was this I’m pleased that CJH and staff aren’t selling out for talent. The first key to changing culture is not tolerating the negative aspects of the old one in any way.

Reactions: cardvolfan
So that's a Yes then, that rumor is something you read right here and passing off as some insight even though you’ve no clue at all what the facts are.

Thanks for confirming!
Maybe you are reading my opinion as fact when I wrote it as an opinion.. hence the 🤷🏻

I read on an article this AM, will have to go back and find it, that a current unnamed TN player said it was not grades related but made no further comment. We may never know the truth.

VN Store

Back