Time Out on JG................

Some one on here not bashing the oline because of all the coaches changes they have had just JG. I do agree with that and I understand on protection plays and schemes can go wrong but he is my problem with the oline. When it is third and short less than a yard or half yard. Our oline is constantly being pushed back each and every one of them. That is not coaching that is desire and heart to beat the guy in front of you. That is what is oline hasn’t had in three seasons now. That is one thing that JG has shown through all of this. Heart and drive and desire to do his best on every play.

Reactions: Vol Main
How about bashing is fine (and actually expected) until he shuts up the doubters with his play on the field...as is typically the case for any starting qb in the sec.
And that's part of the problem... Everyone thinks their opinion matters

I promise not to mention JG is one of the worse UT QB of all time and a huge disappointment until at a minimum the 4th game of the season. I promise.
I hope you intended blue font or you don't have a very long memory. I watched some pretty bad QBs just before I started at UT. The duo of Jeff Olszewski and Steve Allatore didn't add up to a good QB combined. They were hard to watch at times. That was '81 if you weren't sure.

Well bless they heart, that's just as dumb as the hot garbage bunch.
Agree with this.
JG has earned my respect with completions while having so many OL issues to overcome.
He has my support.

I just thought the guy was honestly asking the areas where Guaranto could improve despite the OL. I'm sure Jarrett is working on them, they've been obvious areas where improvement can be made.
He seems like he would try to keep improving instead of just placing all of the blame on those around him.

Its dumb, but it ain't even the dumbest statement HE's ever made.

I just don’t understand some of these fans. There was a time I said the vols had the best fans in all of college football. I based that on home attnendance, the fans that traveled for away and bowl games and the calls that came in on radio shows. Always have been some negativity but not to the point to where facts doesn’t get through to the fans.

I just don’t understand some of these fans. There was a time I said the vols had the best fans in all of college football. I based that on home attnendance, the fans that traveled for away and bowl games and the calls that came in on radio shows. Always have been some negativity but not to the point to where facts doesn’t get through to the fans.

Hes not a Vol fan, hes a fan of his nephew that plays for the Vols.

Agree with this.
JG has earned my respect with completions while having so many OL issues to overcome.
He has my support.

I just thought the guy was honestly asking the areas where Guaranto could improve despite the OL. I'm sure Jarrett is working on them, they've been obvious areas where improvement can be made.
He seems like he would try to keep improving instead of just placing all of the blame on those around him.

He'll be fine or he won't, and I would think all Vol fans would hope he does. I'm not sure why some have to talk the trash they do about the kid. It says a lot about them.

Anyway, hes busted his ass and had his ass busted, and now he's got an opportunity with Chaney to really improve and prove to us all that he is way better than he has been. I believe he will.

You doin okay?

Yep, this thread got the response I would have expected from the miserable minority.

Aight, I read it differently. My bad.

Yea, as far as the JG apologists vs the JG "haters", I've defended both arguments to a certain degree, but I think its childish and classless to say things like " JG is Hot Garbage" and then double down by justifying it with "they started it". No one here has said he needs NO improvement, but its no secret how bad our o-line was. Why is that so hard?
Behr, Quit trying to use logic and actual information of a balanced nature when commenting on the projected starting QB. Es ist verboten (at least on this site) ;)

JG has a lot to prove. I’m hoping that he does so. He’s got a big heart. That just needs to translate to results in the field. GO VOLS!

Reactions: jwilliams
JG has a lot to prove. I’m hoping that he does so. He’s got a big heart. That just needs to translate to results in the field. GO VOLS!
Hopefully, the QB whisperer CJC can fix the problems with not reading defenses and getting a much quicker release, he might progress to a very good QB . If the OL can get better, maybe the offense can at least be in the top half of the SEC.

So, what's it been like not watching UT football the last couple of years?
It's definitely been a struggle. Lack of player development, inconsistent coaching, questionable coaching in general. You can point to any number of things. Showed some signs of progress last year, but the lack of talent and depth took a toll. Excited about this current staff. I think a mid level bowl is a reasonable expectation for this season.

Don't lose hope. Just remember that they are members of the miserable minority, with emphasis on the minor part.

VN Store

Back