Thoughts on SC game next week

If TN wins by 21 pts we are moving in the right direction.
Anything else, we probably need more work

You want to continue to see improvement. I’m hoping we win easily.
Few paths are ever smooth.

I firmly believe in Josh Heupel and his crew. I firmly believe in our lads. But there are going to be up days, and down days.

Don't expect this:

1633267096837.jpeg

Instead, be ready for something more like this:

1633267347380.png

There are going to be dips and letdowns. It will not be continuous, uninterrupted improvement. That's okay. Let's just stick with the lads and coaches and support them through thick and thin.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
We get Carolina long as we come to play. Ole Miss is doable, but they’ll be up for that game. Kentucky is doable, I don’t want to discredit them beating Florida yesterday but Florida was not on their best game last night. They’re beatable. If we come to play the rest of the year everything is on the table with the exception of Georgia and Alabama. Not saying we win out, we aren’t touching Georgia and Alabama but the rest of these games are very winnable

I've been impressed with the play calling all season. Yesterday we saw what it looks like when executed. The Vols continue the wave and roll next week.
Couldn't agree more but as we saw with Florida yesterday, I also believe it's keeping the players motivated for the next game. No easy off days no matter the opponent and with our talent & depth level (or lack of), this is definitely the case. Would be huge for this team to win next two games, which I think can be done. This staff has given the team the chance to come out strong in every game, just need to execute. This gives me hope for things to come.

Go Vols!!

Reactions: Boca Vol
UGA has a good defense but they haven't seen an offense like ours. not close. Arkansas doesn't have any skilled position guys and Clemson doesn't have a QB or the dame talent. We almost always play UGA close and it's at Neyland. I LOVE out chance at Alabama as well just because of the way we played and should have been in the game late agasint UF. Josh will call the right plays

Dude...you are the mirror image of the Karens that lose their s..t after a loss.

Reactions: vettefool
Do we sneak into the top-25 with a few more ranked teams losing today? It’s getting to the point where a few 2-loss teams may be ranked next week. There’s a lot of parity in college football this season outside of ‘Bama & UGA.

It may be due to recency bias, but our big win coupled with other upsets may let us slip in. If we win next week, I think we are definitely ranked against Ole Miss.

No, it’s too early, I think.

My two cents: If we best USCjr & Ole Miss the following week we’ll be ranked going into the bama game.

We’re better than USCjr. We’re going to win next weekend. I think yesterday we looked as fluid offensively as we have against any opponent all season and we’re improving every week. I think we also need to understand that we played a Mizzou team that didn’t even want to be on the field yesterday.

Reactions: Vol$_Deep_11_9
We’re better than USCjr. We’re going to win next weekend. I think yesterday we looked as fluid offensively as we have against any opponent all season and we’re improving every week. I think we also need to understand that we played a Mizzou team that didn’t even want to be on the field yesterday.
Definitely have to take into consideration who we beat but I agree with everything you said. It’s not who we beat yesterday, it’s how we looked in doing so. It’s absolutely refreshing to see that we have a staff that will adjust its scheme to fit their players, a staff that very clearly watches film and prepares, but most importantly to me, it’s refreshing to see a Tennessee team that looks engaged and interested. Mentality wise, Heupel has this program heading in the right direction IMO

Definitely have to take into consideration who we beat but I agree with everything you said. It’s not who we beat yesterday, it’s how we looked in doing so. It’s absolutely refreshing to see that we have a staff that will adjust its scheme to fit their players, a staff that very clearly watches film and prepares, but most importantly to me, it’s refreshing to see a Tennessee team that looks engaged and interested. Mentality wise, Heupel has this program heading in the right direction IMO
Exactly. This is what I personally wanted to see coming into this season. I think/hope most people understood where we were coming into this season, and how the # of wins may not reflect the entirety of the season. I’ve wanted to see us improve each week and thus far I think we have. This is the best I’ve felt about a staff since Kiffin’s group. It’s great to see us developing guys and getting better each week.

Just win the game vs USCjr, scoring over 27 points and be 4-2 going into Ole Miss.
I'll be happy

UGA has a good defense but they haven't seen an offense like ours. not close. Arkansas doesn't have any skilled position guys and Clemson doesn't have a QB or the dame talent. We almost always play UGA close and it's at Neyland. I LOVE out chance at Alabama as well just because of the way we played and should have been in the game late agasint UF. Josh will call the right plays

I bet you love to get up on Christmas mornings to see if Santa Claus came.

VN Store

Back