Thoughts on Olivier Nkamhoua?

He gives great effort but those go go gadget arms cause all kinds of problems for guys. Didn't know he led the team in steal % though. good stuff

He is #2 in PER, #2 in Win Shares/ 40, #3 in box plus/minus, #1 in steal %.

When he is on the court, the stats show that he is typically having a pretty positive effect on the team (even though he may not be scoring or filling up the normal stats a lot).

Reactions: The Dog and Lefteye
View attachment 254279

Stats disagree with your assessment.

You are significantly undervaluing Gaines' defense.
Was just about to post this and got a phone call that derailed me. I would go Gaines, Pember, then Nkamhoua in that order from an overall production value versus perception standpoint. I expected Gaines and Pember to redshirt while ON was talked about in the same breath as Grant Williams. I didn’t believe it then and I don’t believe it now, but we’ll see.

As you said, Gaines brings a lot more to the table defensively that Pember and Nkamhoua don’t , and he doesn’t lack for confidence.

Yall were hyping him as the next Grant Williams before SEC play. Lol He is a freshman and will have ups and downs

It's called the uninformed poster to hype him as the next Grant Williams before the 1st game. Grant had ups and downs as a freshman but one thing he did do is get to the FT line. None of these guys get to the FT line which makes you believe they are all finesse.

Reactions: JoAllan
It's called the uninformed poster to hype him as the next Grant Williams before the 1st game. Grant had ups and downs as a freshman but one thing he did do is get to the FT line. None of these guys get to the FT line which makes you believe they are all finesse.
It wasn't just posters. It was media members, too. I never saw it, personally, and was vocal about it. Nothing I have seen, especially against the better teams on our schedule, have changed my mind.

Really wish everyone knew his role before spouting off on him as the next GW or a bust. I don't know his role either, but I know Barnes is strict in his demands that certain players play certain ways. I don't think these kids are signed as D1 players and suddenly forget where the basket is. I think there are actual literal spots on the courts and specific situations that Barnes tells them they have only 1 option. I don't think guys passing up wide open looks (see Fulk at the elbow all last season) means he's not capable or doesn't know he's open. They just know they have better options and work to get to them.

Most overlooked player on the team IMO. He handles the ball pretty good and shoots a high percent from 3. I know his numbers didn’t show but I can’t wait to see how he transforms under Barnes

Reactions: The Dog
Most overlooked player on the team IMO. He handles the ball pretty good and shoots a high percent from 3. I know his numbers didn’t show but I can’t wait to see how he transforms under Barnes
I thought ON would show mad impressive improvement next year, but this messed up off-season may set him back a year. But, if he sticks around, I think he becomes a damn good SEC player in his junior and senior years

I think ON will develop into a nice player under Barnes. But I think handling the ball is where he has the most room for improvement, to put it nicely. He struggled a lot in that department, lots of fumbling the ball and turnovers.

He's got some talent and will help at some point. I think he can be a very good rebounder, and at least a decent scorer.

VN Store

Back