This team looks different

I thought they seemed more dialed in today. We could have easily played down to them just like we did App St, Ohio, and SCAR. The guys played loose today and it showed.

Reactions: 3 people
Game does nothing except get your young guys rep time. It's essentially a bought win...

but yeah ok I guess anything can happen with a FCS opponent...I'm looking at you Georgia

good win boys we looked different - thats the difference between a mediocre FCS team and a decent SEC team at home. Those TTU kids had no chance, not ever.

Things always look different when you're playing tennessee tech and vandy. Fulmer was always trying to spin late-season success against the SEC bottom tier as a sign the team was poised for greatness.

Several of Fulmer's teams were great!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
It's easy to smile when you're curb stomping a cupcake.

In other news we are 4th in the SEC East.

Reactions: 1 person
I know who we're playing, and I'm not just talking about performance wise. The guys just look different. They look like a team. I don't know how to word it. Maybe there really was a cancer in the locker room. Let's go win out. GBO!

They looked "off" the last three week...it's been like something was wrong, which we have noiw figured out.,.After all, this was TN Tech....we will know after we see how they play next week

If we happen to back into the sec title game, Alabama will take care of that sideline cheerleading by the end of the first quarter. This is not a different team. It hasn't been different in 4 years. Im all for the players, but they are getting the short end of the stick in being used to the best of their abilities.

I feel sad for you

Reactions: 13 people
He's more like daddy. Not afraid to hit. Deon Grant was a terrific safety, but he wasn't much of a hitter. Dale Carter was more of a hitter, plus he was a ball hawk.

I know who is dad is. But I swear my mind just can't put his play to memory. I need to YouTube search some of his games. I don't know why in my mind I thought Dale played WR.

Some of you guys are missing the point. This is the first complete game the team has played all year. It's also the first shutout of the year. Yea yea, it's Tennessee Tech but you have to remember that the Vols struggled mightily with two cupcakes earlier in the season.

Reactions: 5 people
Some of you guys are missing the point. This is the first complete game the team has played all year. It's also the first shutout of the year. Yea yea, it's Tennessee Tech but you have to remember that the Vols struggled mightily with two cupcakes earlier in the season.

Bringing Logic into the conversation. I see what you did there.

^^^^this guy gets it. 1st time this season put 4 quarters together. Scored more TD in the 1st quarter than we had all season in the 1st quarter.

I know who we're playing, and I'm not just talking about performance wise. The guys just look different. They look like a team. I don't know how to word it. Maybe there really was a cancer in the locker room. Let's go win out. GBO!

Now, for the bad news. Kentucky looks VERY different too,

( And right as I type that, they screw up. Badet just tipped one to Baker. What a maroon!)

I know who is dad is. But I swear my mind just can't put his play to memory. I need to YouTube search some of his games. I don't know why in my mind I thought Dale played WR.

Oh no, he definitely played DB. You know when a receiver go up for a pass, then you see a blur come toward him, and the hit sounds like a shotgun going off?

That was Dale Carter at least three times per game. He was a bad, bad man.

Let's hope Butch can get the Vols up for Kentucky, they may need to play their best game of the year to beat the Cats
Go Vols

I disagree. You may not be able take away big things, but you can away that Nigel Warrior and Marquez Calloway appear that they're gonna be good players for us in the future. I think Warrior has a chance to be one of the better safeties we've had in a while. You can also take away that if we have a good OL next year then Dormady could be really good for us. You may not be able to take away things like our offense or defense looked good as a whole, but you can certainly take away things from individual players.

No way. I don't think you understand just how large the talent divide was out there today. Just because those guys made some plays against TTU does not tell you what they will do against SEC level competition at all. We played against an FCS school today at home and they are a bad team even for FCS standards. They probably don't even have 2 or 3 players that could even make our scout team.

There is nothing that you can take away from playing a team like Tennessee Tech. It's like playing your scout team.
For the most part I agree but they played a complete game, which we've haven't seen all season.

It's not earth shattering but definitely an improvement.

Actually I think some of you guys are missing the point. Tennessee Tech is a whole other level of cupcake. They are an FCS program and a bad one at that. You can't even compare them to any other school we have played. Appt State or Ohio would curbstomp them also. If you think you can take anything away from the fact that we finally played a complete game or that we shut them out, then I just don't think you realize just how much more inferior their athletes are to ours. Our scout team would have won by double digits today.

Actually I think some of you guys are missing the point. Tennessee Tech is a whole other level of cupcake. They are an FCS program and a bad one at that. You can't even compare them to any other school we have played. Appt State or Ohio would curbstomp them also. If you think you can take anything away from the fact that we finally played a complete game or that we shut them out, then I just don't think you realize just how much more inferior their athletes are to ours. Our scout team would have won by double digits today.

There's a whole lot of people missing a whole lot of points. Please take the initiative to straighten it all out and not just the obvious one.

There is nothing that you can take away from playing a team like Tennessee Tech. It's like playing your scout team.

Sure you can. When the Vols didn't do to APSU and Ohio what the Vols did to TTU today a lot of fans blamed Butch and the staff for not having the team prepared and ready to come out with a sense of urgency, particularly the offense. Today the team did come out in the first quarter prepared and playing with a sense of urgency. And by default the staff deserves credit for that.

VN Store

Back