This team looks different

Ethan Hooper

I know who we're playing, and I'm not just talking about performance wise. The guys just look different. They look like a team. I don't know how to word it. Maybe there really was a cancer in the locker room. Let's go win out. GBO!

Reactions: 21 people
I agree. The thing I've noticed is how much fun the team seems to be having, and how much they go out of their way to congratulate each other.

Reactions: 5 people
Was thinking the same thing earlier. Hoping we see a different team for the rest of the season.

Reactions: 3 people
There is nothing that you can take away from playing a team like Tennessee Tech. It's like playing your scout team.

Reactions: 18 people
Let's wait till they play another SEC team. It's great that they played well but it was an FCS team. Not even a good FCS team.

There is nothing that you can take away from playing a team like Tennessee Tech. It's like playing your scout team.

You been watching the sidelines this game vs. the last couple? Obviously no adversity here, but the difference in the attitude on the sidelines was significant.

Things always look different when you're playing tennessee tech and vandy. Fulmer was always trying to spin late-season success against the SEC bottom tier as a sign the team was poised for greatness.

Reactions: 2 people
Doesn't matter the opponent. These guys looked like they enjoyed the game today. We made several comments throughout the game about the guys smiling and looking relaxed. I take that as a positive from this game. And loved the shutout.

Reactions: 10 people

I disagree. You may not be able take away big things, but you can away that Nigel Warrior and Marquez Calloway appear that they're gonna be good players for us in the future. I think Warrior has a chance to be one of the better safeties we've had in a while. You can also take away that if we have a good OL next year then Dormady could be really good for us. You may not be able to take away things like our offense or defense looked good as a whole, but you can certainly take away things from individual players.

Reactions: 4 people
I disagree. You may not be able take away big things, but you can away that Nigel Warrior and Marquez Calloway appear that they're gonna be good players for us in the future. I think Warrior has a chance to be one of the better safeties we've had in a while. You can also take away that if we have a good OL next year then Dormady could be really good for us. You may not be able to take away things like our offense or defense looked good as a whole, but you can certainly take away things from individual players.

Warrior reminds me of Deon Grant.

Reactions: 1 person
I know who we're playing, and I'm not just talking about performance wise. The guys just look different. They look like a team. I don't know how to word it. Maybe there really was a cancer in the locker room. Let's go win out. GBO!

Its hard not to, when your playing a glorified highschool team.

For the love of God people. If you read the post, which some of you obviously didn't, this isn't a post bragging or getting excited about beating up on a weak opponent. It was about the change in body language that I saw today. Lately they've looked like they've just been going through the motions, and today they looked like they actually wanted play for Tennessee. They looked genuinely excited for teammates scoring their first touchdowns. They just looked different. I'm not happy with how our season has gone either, but what's the point in bringing the same garbage to every thread?

Reactions: 22 people

Tends to happen when you play a high school team.

Let's put it this way. I took something from the App State and Ohio game. I'm taking something away from this game too. Much better effort.

If we happen to back into the sec title game, Alabama will take care of that sideline cheerleading by the end of the first quarter. This is not a different team. It hasn't been different in 4 years. Im all for the players, but they are getting the short end of the stick in being used to the best of their abilities.

Young players need reps in games, no matter who the opponent is. They can make some mistakes and improve. Example would be Warrior who got juked and whiffed on a tackle earlier in the game, but his tackling was rock-solid after that.

Good plays by young players give them confidence, bad plays give them film to be coached on.

Reactions: 2 people
For the love of God people. If you read the post, which some of you obviously didn't, this isn't a post bragging or getting excited about beating up on a weak opponent. It was about the change in body language that I saw today. Lately they've looked like they've just been going through the motions, and today they looked like they actually wanted play for Tennessee. They looked genuinely excited for teammates scoring their first touchdowns. They just looked different. I'm not happy with how our season has gone either, but what's the point in bringing the same garbage to every thread?

You cannot stop trolls and haters. They show up in a lot of threads. Laugh at them for their ignorance.

VN Store

Back