This picture says it all....

You can say my comments are asinine all you want. It will not change my belief that sobbing like a baby over a game is ridiculous. I could care less what team one plays for or what the situation is.

Also, yes, there are certain ways that men cry and certain ways that children cry.

You can say my comments are asinine all you want. It will not change my belief that sobbing like a baby over a game is ridiculous. I could care less what team one plays for or what the situation is.

Also, yes, there are certain ways that men cry and certain ways that children cry.
OK. You're entitled to your opinion. It appears to be in the minority, at least based on the comments in this thread.

Anyway, I'm going to go have a little bit of scotch to celebrate this amazing UT win. Go Vols!

Just wondering if you ever played any team sports while growing up?

OK. You're entitled to your opinion. It appears to be in the minority, at least based on the comments in this thread.

Anyway, I'm going to go have a little bit of scotch to celebrate this amazing UT win. Go Vols!
I don't believe I have ever cared whether my opinion is aligned with what the majority believes. Thanks for summing up what you consider important though. I am quite sure you win the popularity vote...on an internet forum.

I'm having a hard time with the mocking of a 20 year old kid whose team just lost in the NCAA tournament. There is so much hope and anticipation going into that. I think that history shows when a team loses a close game in the tournament, there's often some tears involved.

I notice no one seems to have a problem with the UT players being joyous at their victory. In fact, the pic that started this is a UT player jumping with a grin on his face. So why give the Va. player a hard time for the opposite reaction for opposite result?

LG, I don't know if you read the posts leading up to this, but some of us weren't laughing at Singletary, we were laughing at therealUT. :)

Jus' kiddin' real

Where is the logical fallacy in the analogy???

I will bite. First of all because analogys aren't considered logic. Rhetoric yes, logic no. Secondly, if we do treat it as logic we need to look at the central assumption that your post makes, namely that accomplishments and failures outside of the field of battle are not as worthy and don't have as much impact as those on the field of battle. Someone once asked Wilfred Owen how he could think of poetry during war, he responded that because the world is filled with dark moments, does not discount the moments we should praise its beauty and greatness.

I will bite. First of all because analogys aren't considered logic. Rhetoric yes, logic no. Secondly, if we do treat it as logic we need to look at the assumptions that your post makes, namely that accomplishments and failures outside of the field of battle are not as worthy as those on the field of battle.
Considering, I first posed the scenario in which a soldier is actually witnessing his peers being killed in battle, your statement holds no water. If one of Singletary's teammates had died on the court today, then I would not have laughed had he cried at the sight of his friend's death.

Who really cares. He worked hard for a year for this moment, but the outcome wasn't what he wanted. If he teared up (I didn't see him crying myself, so I have to go on yall's word), I have no problem with that.

During my time on The Hill, I had the pleasure of watching a few very entertaining fights at the local Cumberland Ave establishments. One in comes to mind regarding this issue. I saw a Marine run his mouth to a guy about the guy's girlfriend and her selected skirt for the night, and the guy gave the Marine a beat down. The guy who beat him down was a regular at this place, so the owner or bouncers gave him the benefit of the doubt and tossed the Marine. That tool got dragged out by two bouncers. It was a rather chilly night, so no one in the bar was accessing the deck, so upon the toolbag getting thrown from the bar, many went to the deck to look at the damage to his face. His face was bloody as hell as he tried to convince the bouncers to let him back in. He went insane at that point, started crying (no crap), and beating the the walls of the bar with his fist. The cops were called, but he left, thank god. I guess some soilders do cry for other reasons than death.

First, teared up would be an understatement. You did not see it, so you would have no idea what it was.

Second, great story...

ac24eeb6-e177-4934-a48f-6afb1163c0cf.jpg
Priceless

Are we seriously busting on a kid for getting pissed and emotional about a loss?

On another note, every time CBS shows a kid crying after a game, I'm going to think of that bloody Marine.

VN Store

Back