This picture says it all....

I'm having a hard time with the mocking of a 20 year old kid whose team just lost in the NCAA tournament. There is so much hope and anticipation going into that. I think that history shows when a team loses a close game in the tournament, there's often some tears involved.

I notice no one seems to have a problem with the UT players being joyous at their victory. In fact, the pic that started this is a UT player jumping with a grin on his face. So why give the Va. player a hard time for the opposite reaction for opposite result?

I'm having a hard time with the mocking of a 20 year old kid whose team just lost in the NCAA tournament. There is so much hope and anticipation going into that. I think that history shows when a team loses a close game in the tournament, there's often some tears involved.

I notice no one seems to have a problem with the UT players being joyous at their victory. In fact, the pic that started this is a UT player jumping with a grin on his face. So why give the Va. player a hard time for the opposite reaction for opposite result?

it might be a different story had he not ran his mouth yesterday

Oh c'mon. I can't be the only one that made the facial hair combination connection between the Virginia mascot and Cain!

well this convo took a wierd turn. it is pretty funny that he is crying on the floor, but i fully understand. im in the service and i just came back from playing basketball. When you miss a game tieing shot your not thinking suck it up there is more important things going on in the world, he is thinking that his career in UVA is over, he is gone and he just let his college down. that would break any man down who is passionate about what he does.

Law, I agree with you. I have no problems with a 20-year old kid crying after a tough loss.

I do take issues with people that think 20-year old kids have no right to express any emotions whatsoever, or that they are somehow inferior if they do.

Law, I agree with you. I have no problems with a 20-year old kid crying after a tough loss.

I do take issues with people that think 20-year old kids have no right to express any emotions whatsoever, or that they are somehow inferior if they do.

When I posted the picture, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was making fun of the guy for being sadden because of his team's loss. I just posted it because of the day before the same guy crying was sure that he and his teammates could contain Tennessee and say that Chris Lofton wasn't as good as a mid major guard they faced in the first round.

I just found the irony of the picture.

Like I said, if its okay for Lofton to celebrate, its okay for that kid to do the opposite.

When I posted the picture, I didn't mean for it to sound like I was making fun of the guy for being sadden because of his team's loss. I just posted it because of the day before the same guy crying was sure that he and his teammates could contain Tennessee and say that Chris Lofton wasn't as good as a mid major guard they faced in the first round.

Don't misunderstand, I don't blame you for taking some pleasure in the irony. Topic took a turn here somewhere along the way. No big deal.

sickem, I have no beef with you. Singletary talked some smack before the game, and our guys let their game do their talking.

My issue was with therealUT's comments trying to somehow equate basketball players with soldiers which I thought was asinine. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. :hi:

sickem, I have no beef with you. Singletary talked some smack before the game, and our guys let their game do their talking.

My issue was with therealUT's comments trying to somehow equate basketball players with soldiers which I thought was asinine. Sorry if I wasn't clear about that. :hi:

I guess it would help if I could read a little better :crazy:

I must say I have laughed at this picture.

NEUTRON1107.jpg

It is asinine.

VN Store

Back