This is happening in several weeks...

Fisher will get a couple more seasons to see how his 5 stars do - they fire him now and the portal will be full

Reactions: Jeff Clark
Jimbo's not going anywhere this year. Beyond the message board stuff, there's just no "smoke" from the powers that be at this point. Jimbo will hire a new offensive coordinator in the off-season.

At this point, based on what I'm hearing Jimbo is pretty much going to be given Carte blanche on the coordinator hire.

His hire ends up being a bomb and then you are going to start seeing a lot more smoke and fire from the powers that be. The Aggies haven't reached Auburn levels of dysfunction yet.

Now, all that being said-we wake up tomorrow to some scandal at A&M (more than some players getting stoned), I think the Aggies would take every opportunity to get out of that contract

There are some pretty interesting rumors going around down here about the aftermath in the locker room after the S Carolina game. While I expect most are just message board gossip, occasionally those turn out to be true (see Mike Price)

Personally, I find the whole situation hilarious. If you remove the two Jameis years from Jimbo's resume, his win percentage at FSU and A&M are pretty close. Agricultural overpayed big time.

Reactions: Hoosier_Vol
I think A&M has to. If they don't get the right guy in now, they are down for many years to come...especially with Texas and OK coming into the league. It will profit them for years to come if they get rid of Jimbo now. Jimbo is out. Kiffin is the perfect fit at A&M. Lebby will get out of OK and get to Ole Miss for that HC job.

I think Josh Heupel has proven "down for many years to come" is basically not real if you are a good coach and with the transfer portal/NIL

Their big money alumni do;)
…and they have that much money for a reason. They don’t waste $80 million on stupid, frivolous crap. Texas A&M sealed their fate the minute they made that dumb decision to sign that ridiculous contract extension for Jimbo. Now, they’ll live with their resulting fate.

…and they have that much money for a reason. They don’t waste $80 million on stupid, frivolous crap. Texas A&M sealed their fate the minute they made that dumb decision to sign that ridiculous contract extension for Jimbo. Now, they’ll live with their resulting fate.
R (70).gif

You really think aTm is going to pony up $80+ million for Jimbo to go away? That is 4x more than any school (Auburn) has ever paid to buyout. I don’t know if anyone wants to have that label. Maybe they think it would be worth it, I don’t know. I do know theyre in a helluva lot of trouble right now, especially w/ Texas gaining momentum and getting ready to join the League.
I do think Freeze goes to Auburn. Hell, he’s been publicly lobbying for that job. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Lebby on our sidelines if Golesh gets the right opportunity.

They don't have to pony up that much. In reality, Jimbo is owed 30-40 million in first 30-60 days after his firing. From there, its monthly installments until all is paid out.

With the A&M/Jimbo situation, people are conflating "has the money to fire him" with "will spend the money to fire him."

Just because you have to money to do something doesn't mean you'll actually spend the money to do it.
Somebody give me the money and hold my beer.... 😎

Last edited:
They don't have to pony up that much. In reality, Jimbo is owed 30-40 million in first 30-60 days after his firing. From there, its monthly installments until all is paid out.
Is it going to be the same for his replacement? 30-40 mil to buy their next coach out of his current contract. Plus whatever other hires need to be made. They are still easily looking at near 80 million this year.

Reactions: 10takum
How is a delayed payment not a payment?

I know it’s a running joke in here, but TAMU doesn’t have unlimited money.
But their boosters have. But I doubt they are willing to pay that much.

He struck out at QB this year, been playing the freshman that he’s gonna roll with next year,
Shake up the staff and run off a few troublesome players and if next year’s a disaster he probably will be gone.

Reactions: Jeff Clark
You really think aTm is going to pony up $80+ million for Jimbo to go away? That is 4x more than any school (Auburn) has ever paid to buyout. I don’t know if anyone wants to have that label. Maybe they think it would be worth it, I don’t know. I do know theyre in a helluva lot of trouble right now, especially w/ Texas gaining momentum and getting ready to join the League.
I do think Freeze goes to Auburn. Hell, he’s been publicly lobbying for that job. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Lebby on our sidelines if Golesh gets the right opportunity.
I don’t see Lebby leaving unless the pain of sucking this year is too bad. He’s at his alma mater and getting to fully call the game vs. sharing or deferring to Heup if he came here.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
I’m sure if you dig deep enough…..you can find something to fire him, or anyone, with cause.

I think Josh Heupel has proven "down for many years to come" is basically not real if you are a good coach and with the transfer portal/NIL
Heupel is an anomaly though. The next 10 coaching hires across the board won’t come close to doing what he did. We got lucky.

Reactions: EasternVol
Man thanks. But, I think if Jimbo is out then they come calling for Kiff.
I don't see A&M going for Kiffin until they have missed out on a bunch.

He has been solid at Ole Miss, A&M won't be looking for solid. They will either go after the proven commodity again, or look for an up and comer who hasn't already flamed out a top job.

VN Store

Back