Jimbo out at A&M. Kiffin to A&M.

Freeze to Auburn.

Lebby to Ole Miss.

Get your popcorn ready.

Freeze to Auburn.

Lebby to Ole Miss.

Get your popcorn ready.
You really think aTm is going to pony up $80+ million for Jimbo to go away? That is 4x more than any school (Auburn) has ever paid to buyout. I don’t know if anyone wants to have that label. Maybe they think it would be worth it, I don’t know. I do know theyre in a helluva lot of trouble right now, especially w/ Texas gaining momentum and getting ready to join the League.
I do think Freeze goes to Auburn. Hell, he’s been publicly lobbying for that job. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Lebby on our sidelines if Golesh gets the right opportunity.

I think A&M has to. If they don't get the right guy in now, they are down for many years to come...especially with Texas and OK coming into the league. It will profit them for years to come if they get rid of Jimbo now. Jimbo is out. Kiffin is the perfect fit at A&M. Lebby will get out of OK and get to Ole Miss for that HC job.

Reactions: mackievol
Only possibility on your list is Jimbo being fired and I doubt that's going to happen.
With the A&M/Jimbo situation, people are conflating "has the money to fire him" with "will spend the money to fire him."

Just because you have to money to do something doesn't mean you'll actually spend the money to do it.

Freeze to Auburn.

Lebby to Ole Miss.

Get your popcorn ready.
I could see Jamie Chadwell of Coastal Carolina or Dave Clawson of Wake Forest going to Ole Miss. I also could see Tennessee OC Alex Golesh going to Georgia Tech.

You really think aTm is going to pony up $80+ million for Jimbo to go away? That is 4x more than any school (Auburn) has ever paid to buyout. I don’t know if anyone wants to have that label. Maybe they think it would be worth it, I don’t know. I do know theyre in a helluva lot of trouble right now, especially w/ Texas gaining momentum and getting ready to join the League.
I do think Freeze goes to Auburn. Hell, he’s been publicly lobbying for that job. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see Lebby on our sidelines if Golesh gets the right opportunity.
That’s assuming they couldn’t negotiate a lower buy out. He may want out as well.

That’s assuming they couldn’t negotiate a lower buy out. He may want out as well.
He definitely could. I doubt he would go lower than half though, and that’s still more than double the biggest buyout ever . Whatever floats their boat . Maybe inaction would be more costly .

With the A&M/Jimbo situation, people are conflating "has the money to fire him" with "will spend the money to fire him."

Just because you have to money to do something doesn't mean you'll actually spend the money to do it.
Well its 80 million to fire a guy. I am betting another 5 million to get rid of his staff. Then you have to hire the new guy. They are probably spending at least 50 million in that. Maybe 8, 8.5 a year, plus his buyout. Plus his staff.

I things dont go in their favor they are looking at a 100million dollar price tag easy.

Don’t forget that Santa Claus is coming too.

Oh ho ho ho!!!

🎅

Can you give me a more likely scenario? Jimbo has to be out. They can't afford another year...massive set back for years if they don't move now. Kiffin will get a job...A&M will want him. Freeze will go to Auburn as the "Bama killer" and Lebby will want out of OK because Venables has only one more year left and will return to Ole Miss where they love him. These are all typical behaviors of those schools and those coaches. Seems very plausible.

Reactions: DET31
I think A&M has to. If they don't get the right guy in now, they are down for many years to come...especially with Texas and OK coming into the league. It will profit them for years to come if they get rid of Jimbo now. Jimbo is out. Kiffin is the perfect fit at A&M. Lebby will get out of OK and get to Ole Miss for that HC job.

TAMU doesn’t have 90 million to just give away.

Reactions: igotworms

VN Store

Back