This is happening in several weeks...

I don't see A&M going for Kiffin until they have missed out on a bunch.

He has been solid at Ole Miss, A&M won't be looking for solid. They will either go after the proven commodity again, or look for an up and comer who hasn't already flamed out a top job.

I would have agreed last fall, but A&M did hire Bobby Petrino this spring. Who will be the interim coach if they fire Jimbo?

Reactions: GreyWolf1129
I would have agreed last fall, but A&M did hire Bobby Petrino this spring. Who will be the interim coach if they fire Jimbo?
knowing Bobby, Bobby will be the interim. and a very strong candidate to take over, especially if the offense picks up.

knowing Bobby, Bobby will be the interim. and a very strong candidate to take over, especially if the offense picks up.

I agree. But what are Bobby's incentives? If he does a good job, Jimbo stays as HC. If A&M goes 5-7 again, then how can Bobby make a case to become interim? The only way this will happen is if he turns on Jimbo. Given that he was forced on Jimbo, then he could be motivated to turn on Jimbo when needed/necessary. I think this is why Jimbo waffles when they ask who is running the offense.

This is why A&M doesn't scare me too much. I think they have some real problems in College Station.

I agree. But what are Bobby's incentives? If he does a good job, Jimbo stays as HC. If A&M goes 5-7 again, then how can Bobby make a case to become interim? The only way this will happen is if he turns on Jimbo. Given that he was forced on Jimbo, then he could be motivated to turn on Jimbo when needed/necessary. I think this is why Jimbo waffles when they ask who is running the offense.

This is why A&M doesn't scare me too much. I think they have some real problems in College Station.
Bobby will go to the board with some sob story about Jimbo holding him back. He will probably hold up the examples of them running up the score on lower schools, and will say "see this is what MY offense looks like", then he will hold up the games where they can't score more than 24 pts like last year and say "see this is what happens when Jimbo interferes". It will come down to a he-said he-said battle, but I am betting the board/AD may be tired of Jimbo's price tag and lack of consistent results on the field.

Bobby can sell a relationship with the players, an offense that works in the SEC, or so he will claim, will point out his past success at Arkansas. Talk about how he has learned from his mistakes, knows how to recruit in the SEC and Texas. Offers a smaller price tag. won't take long.

I think Bobby could throw a couple games, maybe win one of the big ones, but then at the end of the season tank and blame it on Jimbo's interference.

Reactions: Bearkat_Vol

That's a big If

Here is Fisher's buyout if he is fired at the conclusion of each season:

2023: $76,800,000
2024: $67,550,000
2025: $58,200,000
2026: $48,750,000
2027: $39,200,000
2028: $29,550,000
2029: $19,800,000
2030: $9,950,000

Reactions: Bearkat_Vol
That's a big If

Here is Fisher's buyout if he is fired at the conclusion of each season:

2023: $76,800,000
2024: $67,550,000
2025: $58,200,000
2026: $48,750,000
2027: $39,200,000
2028: $29,550,000
2029: $19,800,000
2030: $9,950,000

Heck for that I would be trying to get fired too.

Reactions: GroverCleveland
Bobby will go to the board with some sob story about Jimbo holding him back. He will probably hold up the examples of them running up the score on lower schools, and will say "see this is what MY offense looks like", then he will hold up the games where they can't score more than 24 pts like last year and say "see this is what happens when Jimbo interferes". It will come down to a he-said he-said battle, but I am betting the board/AD may be tired of Jimbo's price tag and lack of consistent results on the field.

Bobby can sell a relationship with the players, an offense that works in the SEC, or so he will claim, will point out his past success at Arkansas. Talk about how he has learned from his mistakes, knows how to recruit in the SEC and Texas. Offers a smaller price tag. won't take long.

I think Bobby could throw a couple games, maybe win one of the big ones, but then at the end of the season tank and blame it on Jimbo's interference.
I think BP is a scumbag like everybody else, but he does have a proven offensive track record in the SEC. If A&M has a decent offense in your scenario, he does have a legitimate argument.

Reactions: WillisWG
I think BP is a scumbag like everybody else, but he does have a proven offensive track record in the SEC. If A&M has a decent offense in your scenario, he does have a legitimate argument.
Yeah, that is why I thinking he will come in and snipe the job from Jimbo.

VN Store

Back