This helps to understand why we got beat..

This helps too:

Tennessee's last 4 recruiting classes on the 247 composite were ranked:

17, 21, 13, and 10

Georgia's were ranked:

3, 1, 2 and 1.

That comports with what I saw Saturday. We are beating people we should beat and our recruiting has improved every year under Coach Pruitt but we are not there yet when it comes to competing consistently with the best teams in college football, which unfortunately, our 3 traditional rivals are and have been for several years.

Yea, Georgia signed 80 4/5 star players from the 4 classes...We signed 38...

They
Not sure we did much well on offense, but here are some reasons why we were beaten. Georgia’s defensive line mauled our offensive line. Our QB has to protect the ball and didn’t. The offensive game plan left a lot to be desired.

UT Offensive Line Grades

Brandon Kennedy81.8 pass block, 50.6 run block — 69 snaps — center
  • Trey Smith 69.9 pass block, 69.9 run block — 68 snaps — left guard
  • Darnell Wright 52.7 pass block, 51 run block — 67 snaps — right tackle
  • Cade Mays — 52.7 pass block, 32.9 run block — 66 snaps — right guard (1 snap at RT)
  • Wanya Morris — 39.3 pass block — 32.3 run block — 68 snaps — right tackle (1 snap at RG)
Impact on QB
  • Cade Mays — two sacks, one hit, three hurries, six total pressures and two penalties
  • Ty Chandler — two sacks, one hit, zero hurries, three pressures
  • Eric Grayone sack, zero hits, one hurry, two pressures
  • Darnell Wright — one sack, three hits, three hurries, seven pressures and two penalties
  • Wanya Morris — one sack, zero hits, three hurries, four pressures and two penalties
  • Brandon Kennedy — one sack, one hit, three hurries, five pressures and three penalties
Let’s move on and whip the Cats!

They figured out our our snap count late in the second quarter we never tried to change it....that’s on the QB, HC and OC! If 3, 230 linebackers capable of running 4.4-4.6 yd dashes get a running start...well, even the NE patriots OL couldn’t stop them. Situational awareness was lost both from the QB and the coaches...the line could have played better, yes, but were left hanging from the super slow QB and the sloth like coaches!

Last edited:
Not sure we did much well on offense, but here are some reasons why we were beaten. Georgia’s defensive line mauled our offensive line. Our QB has to protect the ball and didn’t. The offensive game plan left a lot to be desired.

UT Offensive Line Grades

• Cade Mays — 52.7 pass block, 32.9 run block — 66 snaps — right guard (1 snap at RT)
  • Wanya Morris — 39.3 pass block — 32.3 run block — 68 snaps — right tackle (1 snap at RG)
Impact on QB
  • Cade Mays — two sacks, one hit, three hurries, six total pressures and two penalties
  • Darnell Wright — one sack, three hits, three hurries, seven pressures and two penalties
  • Wanya Morris — one sack, zero hits, three hurries, four pressures and two penalties
  • Brandon Kennedy — one sack, one hit, three hurries, five pressures and three penalties

You could have summed this up quicker had you said, "We lost this game, because the other team scored more points than ours. Next week, we need to score more than Kentucky can." Yes me saying that is redundant. But seven members of the team don't walk past me thinking, "F You, buddy."

This helps too:

17, 21, 13, and 10

Georgia's were ranked:

3, 1, 2 and 1.

That comports with what I saw Saturday. We are beating people we should beat and our recruiting has improved every year under Coach Pruitt but we are not there yet when it comes to competing consistently with the best teams in college football, which unfortunately, our 3 traditional rivals are and have been for several years.

I know Ga. and Ala. are recruiting better but does anyone know what Fla. last 3 recruiting rankings are?

OL struggled JG has to hold onto the ball. On his Interception if he would have thrown it right away to Gray in flat he completes it and gives Gray a chance to make the defender miss he was real late with the ball on that pass but I have seen many QB make that mistake in the heat of the Moment. My biggest issue on both the first two Series of second half is that we had 3RD and really long and against an Elite D and you have the LEAD run a draw call a Screen and Punt if it does not work. Put the D back on the Field again with the Lead. The only time I would have passed on 3rd and long is when it became a must. In CHRST Alone.

A bunch of overrated 5 stars on the Oline, obviously.......

I didnt even realize we had offensive plays even close to the 60's Saturday........thats kind of shocking.

If you told me our defense (specifically HT who was a beast) took over 100 snaps, I would definitely believe you.

yes and most of them were very offensive

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Tennessee can’t seem to compete with Georgia, Florida or Alabama
3rd in the east may be the ceiling for the Vols
Nothing is etched in stone, fortunes in CFB change, but right now we have a pretty wide unfavorable talent discrepancy with Bama and UGA, and to a lesser degree UF.

UT Offensive Line Grades

Impact on QB
It's called we got our ass beat by a better...more physical team. There's a reason they graded out so bad!

This helps too:

17, 21, 13, and 10

Georgia's were ranked:

3, 1, 2 and 1.

Gotta ask...outside of Henry T, which of our vaunted 5* rated recruits is lived up to the 5* rank vs UGA?

Gotta ask...outside of Henry T, which of our vaunted 5* rated recruits is lived up to the 5* rank vs UGA?
Henry T had his struggles too. Got burned over the middle twice for sure. But he’s still probably our best defender.

Georgia’s game plan was as obvious as can be. It was always going to be bringing a ton of pressure almost every play. That accomplishes two things. First of all, it shuts down the run. Secondly, it forces JG to beat them. They knew that wouldn’t happen. He’s been the quarterback here for four years and has never proven he has the intangibles. They knew they would get pressure on him and calls turnovers. That strategy would backfire with great quarterback play. He would burn them two or three times and they would have to back off the pressure. My brother and I talked about it and knew exactly how this game would play out. It’s not the offensive lines fault. Georgia brought more pressure (than we have blockers) on a bunch of the plays.
Ding ding ding ding ding!!

It's really that simple.

Should be noted that Cade’s play at tackle was JG fumble, might be why he was only there for one play. Luckily, we covered this one but Cade barely lays a finger on him.
Someone stated that Mays moved to tackle because Wright’s helmet came off and he had to sit one play.

What is the verdict on this star laden offensive line? Is it just that with the limited practice time they have not had the chance to gel as a unit yet? Cade Mays getting such late approval probably did not help unit cohesion either. Should we expect them to become more dominant as the season progresses?

What is the verdict on this star laden offensive line? Is it just that with the limited practice time they have not had the chance to gel as a unit yet? Cade Mays getting such late approval probably did not help unit cohesion either. Should we expect them to become more dominant as the season progresses?
TBD, who knows?

VN Store

Back