This helps to understand why we got beat..

Evergrenevol

Lux et Veritas
Not sure we did much well on offense, but here are some reasons why we were beaten. Georgia’s defensive line mauled our offensive line. Our QB has to protect the ball and didn’t. The offensive game plan left a lot to be desired.

UT Offensive Line Grades

Brandon Kennedy81.8 pass block, 50.6 run block — 69 snaps — center
  • Trey Smith 69.9 pass block, 69.9 run block — 68 snaps — left guard
  • Darnell Wright 52.7 pass block, 51 run block — 67 snaps — right tackle
  • Cade Mays — 52.7 pass block, 32.9 run block — 66 snaps — right guard (1 snap at RT)
  • Wanya Morris — 39.3 pass block — 32.3 run block — 68 snaps — right tackle (1 snap at RG)
Impact on QB
  • Cade Mays — two sacks, one hit, three hurries, six total pressures and two penalties
  • Ty Chandler — two sacks, one hit, zero hurries, three pressures
  • Eric Grayone sack, zero hits, one hurry, two pressures
  • Darnell Wright — one sack, three hits, three hurries, seven pressures and two penalties
  • Wanya Morris — one sack, zero hits, three hurries, four pressures and two penalties
  • Brandon Kennedy — one sack, one hit, three hurries, five pressures and three penalties
Let’s move on and whip the Cats!

Last edited:
UT Offensive Line Grades

• Cade Mays — 52.7 pass block, 32.9 run block — 66 snaps — right guard (1 snap at RT)
  • Wanya Morris — 39.3 pass block — 32.3 run block — 68 snaps — right tackle (1 snap at RG)

• Cade Mays — two sacks, one hit, three hurries, six total pressures and two penalties
  • Darnell Wright — one sack, three hits, three hurries, seven pressures and two penalties
  • Wanya Morris — one sack, zero hits, three hurries, four pressures and two penalties
  • Brandon Kennedy — one sack, one hit, three hurries, five pressures and three penalties
Here’s the correct reason...

7BF0BD8C-D3A9-496F-A7CB-4BD23DCEC85A.jpeg

I didnt even realize we had offensive plays even close to the 60's Saturday........thats kind of shocking.

If you told me our defense (specifically HT who was a beast) took over 100 snaps, I would definitely believe you.

This helps too:

Tennessee's last 4 recruiting classes on the 247 composite were ranked:

17, 21, 13, and 10

Georgia's were ranked:

3, 1, 2 and 1.

That comports with what I saw Saturday. We are beating people we should beat and our recruiting has improved every year under Coach Pruitt but we are not there yet when it comes to competing consistently with the best teams in college football, which unfortunately, our 3 traditional rivals are and have been for several years.

Not sure we did much well, but here are some reasons why we were beaten. Georgia’s defensive line mauled our offensive line. Our QB has to protect the ball and didn’t. The offensive game plan left a lot to be desired.

UT Offensive Line Grades

Impact on QB
Thanks for posting this. I would suspect not everyone on here will know exactly how to interpret this info but it is very clear in its summation. Really bad upfront...really bad! Of course the obvious is not protecting the football as well. I'm hoping Cade will get better but he had a simply terrible day along with all of the OL.

I think it's just a caustic combination of the listed missed blocks/errors above and a chronic ball holder that historically hasn't reacted to blitzes and pressures well.
I've said for two years that JG is who he is and it isn't going to change, it is his personality. The difference between the 1st and 2nd halves was that Georgia was stacking the box and playing the run in the 1st and in the 2nd they started dialing up blitzes. JG has never done well against blitzes particularly when they are as well disguised as Georgia's.

I mean I dont think anyone disagrees that the line played poorly and that the backs didnt block well, but the man with the ball got stripped of it twice and threw a interception, if this was a one time thing i could see not throwing so much blame on him but its a carbon copy of almost every game we lost last year.

Not sure we did much well on offense, but here are some reasons why we were beaten. Georgia’s defensive line mauled our offensive line. Our QB has to protect the ball and didn’t. The offensive game plan left a lot to be desired.

UT Offensive Line Grades

Impact on QB
That about sums it up . No offense or QB can be successful with those grades from their OL.

You’ve been on a hate rage for a few days now. It’s your prerogative, but it makes look like a stupid, impetuous child.
JG has done this for 3 years now. You stack the box and send more than we can block and this is what you get every single time. He can't read a defense and make the correct call at the LOS. When his first target isn't available he panics.

Should be noted that Cade’s play at tackle was JG fumble, might be why he was only there for one play. Luckily, we covered this one but Cade barely lays a finger on him.

Reactions: tennrich1
I mean I dont think anyone disagrees that the line played poorly and that the backs didnt block well, but the man with the ball got stripped of it twice and threw a interception, if this was a one time thing i could see not throwing so much blame on him but its a carbon copy of almost every game we lost last year.
Actually he gave up the ball 3 times. W.Morris recovered one of his fumbles.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
OL struggled JG has to hold onto the ball. On his Interception if he would have thrown it right away to Gray in flat he completes it and gives Gray a chance to make the defender miss he was real late with the ball on that pass but I have seen many QB make that mistake in the heat of the Moment. My biggest issue on both the first two Series of second half is that we had 3RD and really long and against an Elite D and you have the LEAD run a draw call a Screen and Punt if it does not work. Put the D back on the Field again with the Lead. The only time I would have passed on 3rd and long is when it became a must. In CHRST Alone.

I concentrated on Mays almost exclusively because of the ex-Bulldog factor.

What I saw was that it looked like he didn't belong on a D1 football field.

The Mizzou game was just the opposite. A road grater with a nasty disposition.

I concentrated on Mays almost exclusively because of the ex-Bulldog factor.

What I saw was that it looked like he didn't belong on a D1 football field.

The Mizzou game was just the opposite. A road grater with a nasty disposition.

Maybe he looked into the eyes of the Georgia defensive lineman and started hearing "my heart will go on" in his head, and couldn't bring himself to be mean to his former teammates.

VN Store

Back