This has been a good year

As someone said in another thread, if Barnes has elevated the program to where being ranked from start to finish and getting a 6 seed or better is considered a “down year”, then we are in pretty good freaking hands.
We will be an eighth seed at best when it’s all said and done. This team will not win another game all year. Take that to the bank.

We will be an eighth seed at best when it’s all said and done. This team will not win another game all year. Take that to the bank.
100% agree. We will end the season on a 4-game losing streak which would have been a 6-game losing streak if we didnt get lucky and played Vandy with their back-ups. I wonder how many tournament teams have ever done that. We will end up in the 8/9 or 7/10 game and some good mid-major or middle of the pack Big 10 team will beat us by 20. What a great year!

Just curious, when was the last time, basketball or football, that the Vols have won a regular season SEC championship when they were projected to, when they were preseason favorites? I can't think back far enough. A lot of underachieving and rarely overachieving, thats our Vols.

100% agree. We will end the season on a 4-game losing streak which would have been a 6-game losing streak if we didnt get lucky and played Vandy with their back-ups. I wonder how many tournament teams have ever done that. We will end up in the 8/9 or 7/10 game and some good mid-major or middle of the pack Big 10 team will beat us by 20. What a great year!

Just curious, when was the last time, basketball or football, that the Vols have won a regular season SEC championship when they were projected to, when they were preseason favorites? I can't think back far enough. A lot of underachieving and rarely overachieving, thats our Vols.

Cool story, Bro.

2021 NBA Mock Draft & Simulator | Tankathon
And this one... but carry on with your “half baked posts”....

Yves Pons would have left after last season if he would have been drafted. He was told that he wasn't a guaranteed pick and to return to school and last year's draft was considered one of the weakest of the last few years.

This draft is considerably stronger and deeper than last year's. Pons won't be drafted.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
You got nothin huh? No please tell us why Keon, Springer and Pons won’t be drafted ... you seemed so confident...

Pons is not likely to ever be an NBA level player. He has no offense. He isn't a gifted ball handler. He doesn't rebound well. You can't sell yourself as a 6'6 shot blocker in the NBA. You have to have an elite skill otherwise. Draymond Green gets mentioned often in comparison. Green is an elite passer and rebounder, he averaged 16/11 his senior year at MSU. Pons averages 9/5 this year on a team that desperately needs someone to score and to rebound. Someone may take a second round flier on him and send him to the D-League and hope he learns to shoot. For his sake I hope it happens. The latest mock drafts actually are leaving Keon out. NBA Draft dot net has Springer at the end of the 1st, Pons towards the end of the second and no Keon at all.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
You got nothin huh? No please tell us why Keon, Springer and Pons won’t be drafted ... you seemed so confident...
Johnson and Springer will go, should they choose to do so, in the top 15-20. Pons' lack of any real offensive skills will keep him from being drafted. He can't shoot anything from 10 ft. or closer without fading away. It's a problem he can pull the string in games to go straight up. He shoots 5 ft fadeaways on guys shorter than him. Plus, he's a sub-par passer

Pons is not likely to ever be an NBA level player. He has no offense. He isn't a gifted ball handler. He doesn't rebound well. You can't sell yourself as a 6'6 shot blocker in the NBA. You have to have an elite skill otherwise. Draymond Green gets mentioned often in comparison. Green is an elite passer and rebounder, he averaged 16/11 his senior year at MSU. Pons averages 9/5 this year on a team that desperately needs someone to score and to rebound. Someone may take a second round flier on him and send him to the D-League and hope he learns to shoot. For his sake I hope it happens. The latest mock drafts actually are leaving Keon out. NBA Draft dot net has Springer at the end of the 1st, Pons towards the end of the second and no Keon at all.
Only reason Keon doesn’t get drafted is if it is on his own accord.

I didn't see this before I posted or I wouldn't have posted. Spot on!

VN Store

Back