This has always been a 5 year rebuild

Unfortunately progress isn’t always linear.

Sliding backwards for one year doesn’t mean the whole project is a failure. I know today’s culture and expectations are different, but we would have ran off Majors a few years in with today’s expectations.

I’m not on the JP bandwagon at this point and will agree there are more concerns than answers. However, knee-jerking and firing him 3 or 4 seasons in only sets us back another decade imo.

Reactions: tennvols77
Absolute nonsense. We will go nowhere with Pruitt. We will get worse, actually. Especially once our recruiting takes a hit, which it will. The sooner Pruitt is fired, the better. Get joe brady or freeze

Reactions: Volsonyourface
Absolute nonsense. We will go nowhere with Pruitt. We will get worse, actually. Especially once our recruiting takes a hit, which it will. The sooner Pruitt is fired, the better. Get joe brady or freeze

Ugh. Going to be hard to hold the class together with a losing season capped off by a Florida beat down in Neyland.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Ugh. Going to be hard to hold the class together with a losing season capped off by a Florida beat down in Neyland.
Florida will piss all over the middle of the field. Our defense will get humiliated. And JGs happy ass will still be out there.

People said that about Dooley; then said it about Jones.

Every coach since Kiffin has supposedly had the worst "left the cupboard bare" situation.
Dooley did not inherit a bare cup board, he had no brain to work with what he had. Jones was lacking but not bare.

Friendly reminder that Butch inherited less talent from Dooley but by year 3 had a loaded squad that should’ve competed for a playoff spot or at the very least a big 6 bowl game.

It's hard to judge this year no spring fall no summer work outs everyone needs to chill the recruits are coming need a few adjustments and a new QB next year and we will be fine. I due think the off week will help and we could win out I do expect Maurer to finish this year the next time JG gets in a slump .

The rest the sec is going to have 2 to 3 loses a team except Fama . This is as close to a NFL year as possible.

2 things can be true at once.
Yes, with what Pruitt walked into, not just the team but the program in general, this was a massive overhaul needed. It's why Fulmer promised Pruitt to leave him alone for awhile.
There's also things that were supposed to be fixed/chances by now, especially by a coach that supposedly fits that mold.
Lack of disciple. Too many mental mistakes.
This offense is still a turnover machine.
OL is still inconsistent despite the 5 star talent and experience.
Defense is getting worse. Can't tackle. Zero pass rush.
Terrible special teams.
Forget good teams, they're losing badly to bad team.
Suspect gameplanning.
Leadership seems to be void.
And the biggest... Mr 2nd half adjustments looks like crap this year.
It's year 3 and while this team is better than it was when he walked into the job, this team is not good in any area, including areas you would expect a JP team to be progressed to. They're so inconsistent you can't point to anything special.

Reactions: Raebo
You act like he took over for 2 games as interim. He coached the majority of the season in his interim year. He had 34 games under his belt going on 3rd year with title of head coach.

You are either very young or very old if you do not remember Clemson going baths!t crazy after Dabo going 6-7 in his 3rd season running the team.

It was his 2nd season running the team. His interim year it wasn't his staff, it wasn't his program. The head chef left mid meal and he had to use the ingredients on the table to try and make a different meal. His 3rd season as the guy controlling every aspect of the program was an ACC Championship game win and Orange Bowl. Same with Fulmer, his 3rd season was 1995, not 1994.

ap·a·thy
/ˈapəTHē/
noun
  1. lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
    "widespread apathy among students"
    synonyms:indifference, lack of interest, lack of enthusiasm, lack of concern, unconcern, uninterestedness, unresponsiveness, impassivity, passivity, passiveness, detachment, dispassion, dispassionateness, lack of involvement, phlegm, coolness; More
At least you learned a new word this year

It was his 2nd season running the team. His interim year it wasn't his staff, it wasn't his program. The head chef left mid meal and he had to use the ingredients on the table to try and make a different meal. His 3rd season as the guy controlling every aspect of the program was an ACC Championship game win and Orange Bowl. Same with Fulmer, his 3rd season was 1995, not 1994.

Dabo coached 34 games after his second full year of coaching...... Please tell me how the interim year where he coached the majority of the season was just "a wash year"...........

Once again, Dabo had basically been a coach for 3 years when he went 6-7 in year 3 leading the team.

Regardless, it goes back to my main point. And that is you can't clamor it takes "2-4 years tops" to rebuild a program and then complain 2.5 years in like the world is falling. Because you people are acting worse than people did after GSU and BYU losses last year.

Dabo coached 34 games after his second full year of coaching...... Please tell me how the interim year where he coached the majority of the season was just "a wash year"...........

Once again, Dabo had basically been a coach for 3 years when he went 6-7 in year 3 leading the team.

Regardless, it goes back to my main point. And that is you can't clamor it takes "2-4 years tops" to rebuild a program and then complain 2.5 years in like the world is falling. Because you people are acting worse than people did after GSU and BYU losses last year.

Because he took over mid season and coached 7 games that year. He was coaching another coach's roster that had went through another coach's spring and fall camp. Things were not ran his way leading into that season, nor for nearly half the games that season.

Regardless of any of that, great coaches don't often crap the bed at this level in year 3. Bad ones however, do frequently.

Our offense is responsible for giving up 40 points in the last 10 quarters and has only scored 24 in that same span. That's awful in year one, unforgivable in year 3.

Because he took over mid season and coached 7 games that year. He was coaching another coach's roster that had went through another coach's spring and fall camp. Things were not ran his way leading into that season, nor for nearly half the games that season.

Regardless of any of that, great coaches don't often crap the bed at this level in year 3. Bad ones however, do frequently.

Our offense is responsible for giving up 40 points in the last 10 quarters and has only scored 24 in that same span. That's awful in year one, unforgivable in year 3.

The offense Dabo had as interim was an offense that he recruited. Lmao. So at worst, the roster was half his.

The offense Dabo had as interim was an offense that he recruited. Lmao. So at worst, the roster was half his.

Being a coordinator is a BIG leap from being the head coach when it comes to every aspect of the program. He was filling a role and roster in a way his boss desired. His boss who flamed out at that.

I have been telling ppl this for a while and they still cm on here whining like we were supposed to compete with Bama or UGA. We're on the way but no where near where we need to be to contend. In yr 5 that will be the true measuring stick.
Yeah, um no 5 years to compete. Hahahahaha

Being a coordinator is a BIG leap from being the head coach when it comes to every aspect of the program. He was filling a role and roster in a way his boss desired. His boss who flamed out at that.

You literally said he took over a roster that wasn’t his when he literally was in charge of recruiting and building 50% of the two deep as OC lmao

I have been telling ppl this for a while and they still cm on here whining like we were supposed to compete with Bama or UGA. We're on the way but no where near where we need to be to contend. In yr 5 that will be the true measuring stick.
No one with any common sense expected UT to contend for the east in year 3....I understand Covid had it limitations on practice and reps but CJP handled that horribly.....He will get 2 more years at a minimum unless he completely self destructs next season, which with his need to be the smartest guy in the room seems likely..heres the main reasons why he is on the hot seat for me...
1. 12 losses by +21 4 of those to unrakned teams
2. 1-2 vs Vandy
3. Poor handling of QB situation
4. Says players have the earn it in practices yet doesn't allow reps to those trying to earn time.
5. Hyatt, why are we not utilizing him more
6. Reminds me of Mushchamp
7. Team is losing or has lost faith in JG and that will trickle down to CJP
8. Handcuffed Chaney with antiquated idea of football and seem unwilling to change woth the time
9. "Best chancr to win" Mantra is just like Butch

No one with any common sense expected UT to contend for the east in year 3....I understand Covid had it limitations on practice and reps but CJP handled that horribly.....He will get 2 more years at a minimum unless he completely self destructs next season, which with his need to be the smartest guy in the room seems likely..heres the main reasons why he is on the hot seat for me...
1. 12 losses by +21 4 of those to unrakned teams
2. 1-2 vs Vandy
3. Poor handling of QB situation
4. Says players have the earn it in practices yet doesn't allow reps to those trying to earn time.
5. Hyatt, why are we not utilizing him more
6. Reminds me of Mushchamp
7. Team is losing or has lost faith in JG and that will trickle down to CJP
8. Handcuffed Chaney with antiquated idea of football and seem unwilling to change woth the time
9. "Best chancr to win" Mantra is just like Butch

1. So what, you're not winning without players. The roster is getting there.
2. Again players
3. I agree
4. In big boy football you have to earn your kp. Not 1 day but every day. Same thing we tell our guy in training or 7v7
5. I'm with you on this
6. I don't understand the correlation you're making
7. Not 100% true and thise kids will run thru a wall for CJP
8. Not factual and Chaney is just trying to get pieces in place and prepare to play big time football. When you're limited by talent you have to learn to coach what you have. They're trying but it's not looking like a good product.
9. Nothing matches Champions of Life or the other tihsllub

VN Store

Back