This AD Hire is a Game Changer

I don't think it's an irrational hatred. I believe it's simply a desire to move on a path that hasn't been travelled recently. A move away from a path that has produced poor results.

My only point was, we have been down that other path many times with similar/worse results. Being connected to UT was not the cause of the failure. The failure was being cheap.

Reactions: voldurham
This irrational hatred of people with a "UT background" is hilarious. Last time I looked Dave Hart and John Currie and Derek Dooley and Butch Jones and Lane Kiffin and Jeremy Pruitt didn't have a UT background. How'd that work out?

The last time I checked the score was Phil Fulmer 1 National Championship, those other douche nozzles 0

You realize who hired Pruitt don't you?

The fact that they have a UT background should be completely irrelevant. We need to be picking the best man for the job, period. White is widely considered to be one of the best ADs currently in college football. That doesn't mean he's gonna get an amazing coach guaranteed, but unlike our past hires either at AD or HC, it's nice to know we're hiring someone widely considered to be great at doing his job.

Reactions: AshG and dlravol2
The NCAA's enforcement efforts are complete arbitrary and capricious. While they certainly shouldn't punish a school that's already cleaned house, they've done so repeatedly. And, obviously, whomever takes over will be inheriting an absolutely brutal roster as far as overall depth. I don't care how good the coach is, it is going to be really tough to win in the first couple of years, so he's going to need assurances about patience.

But there's another issue that seems silly on its face, but will be a major point of interest for agents. How does UT respond if Pruitt carries thru with his threat to sue? Do they settle quickly, or do they fight it? If they put up any resistance, a "home run" kind of hire is going to be a challenge.

All things considered, they likely know the extent they are willing to go. Don't be surprised if they don't go all the way and win. I know for sure one of our key players who just left was in on the so-called payouts. That's a bad sign for Pruitt. He goes into denial he's looking at show-cause. The school may have more leverage. It looks good for them "cleaning house" of cheating coaches violating NCAA rules.

May not have any bearing on a home-run hire. Simply state, "go by the rules or face the consequences," which will be written into the contract anyway.

I think people are thinking this because it changes “the game” as to how Tennessee “has been doing things.”

With the quick and competent hire it can be reasonably assumed the next coaching hire will not be....terrible, irrational.....but will be...well thought out, and probably an actual good hire.

It “appears” Tennessee has a plan. They are not simply throwing things at the wall.....to see what sticks.

This is out of the norm for Tennessee......and could end up working quite nicely.

Thus changes the game for Tennessee......over how things have been done previously.

It sure is out of the norm. Many on here are used to expecting the worst and when a good thing happens we're taken off-guard. This hire is a very positive move and demonstrates that our current president and chancellor are very much on top of things and moving the program(s) in the right direction.

Mike “Handout” Hamilton
Dave “Hitman” Hart
John “I’m coming home” Currie
Phillip “Fill my tummy & wallet” Fulmer

Little wonder we get excited about a proven AD who can hire coaches (job #1 of an AD) and who’s teams have overachieved in recent years.

Reactions: JoAllan
To say White is highly connected and respected is an understatement! Everyone and anybody you hear complain about our administration needs a quick and strong reminder that Plowman and Boyd are calling the shots now, get on board, and flip it all around!

You realize who hired Pruitt don't you?

The fact that they have a UT background should be completely irrelevant. We need to be picking the best man for the job, period. White is widely considered to be one of the best ADs currently in college football. That doesn't mean he's gonna get an amazing coach guaranteed, but unlike our past hires either at AD or HC, it's nice to know we're hiring someone widely considered to be great at doing his job.
A friggin men. I do not understand wanting someone connected to UT. This place has been heading down hill for 2 years. Purge all you can.

Go look at his record of past hires, UCF success, etc.

Google is your friend
So why did you not say this to the poster you called a village idiot? He asked an honest question, you replied with a curt insult. That does not exactly raise the level of discourse.

VN Store

Back