This AD Hire is a Game Changer

I disagree. What AD wouldn't care if their P5 flagship program had a NCAA death-penalty-level sentence? Makes no sense to me. *shrug*

White could have waited a year or two and gone to a P5 school without a NCAA investigation and still "get paid," if that had been his bent. But he's here.

Every university ever put under sanctions was able to get a new AD. Go ask those dudes why they chose to go to a school under sanctions. It's because the AD job is way way bigger than just football. You got two great basketball programs and a good baseball program just sitting there waiting for you.

We just hired Danny White?! Fastball right down the middle, cranked 500ft dead center upper deck. Feels a little like 98 right now...

For your information Danny White has a $2.5 million dollar buy out if he leaves the UCF position before May 2021. Is UT going to pay that $2.5 million dollar "buyout" for him. White is not "squeeky" clean either...check out what happened to him at Buffalo and a coaching salary situation who some think caused him to leave for the UCF position. My personal feelings were that we needed a person with a UT background and AD success elsewhere.

For your information Danny White has a $2.5 million dollar buy out if he leaves the UCF position before May 2021. Is UT going to pay that $2.5 million dollar "buyout" for him. White is not "squeeky" clean either...check out what happened to him at Buffalo and a coaching salary situation who some think caused him to leave for the UCF position. My personal feelings were that we needed a person with a UT background and AD success elsewhere.
UT background bias is what got us in this mess in the first place

I mean that’s a good thing but many are acting like this is a home run hire. I just want to know, other than the insignificant reason you stated, that White is better than Ingram or Gilbert?
Why are they better than him?

He's highly regarded throughout the country. He has more high level connections and respect than most. He's been successful everywhere he's been. He's proven his ability to properly place coaches in situations to allow for successful outcomes, across entire athletic departments. He has provided coaches the ability to create dynamic and winning cultures around their teams. He has great moral and ethical standards and has proven to choose successful coaches based on those moral and ethical standards. . .

Why are they better than him?

He's highly regarded throughout the country. He has more high level connections and respect than most. He's been successful everywhere he's been. He's proven his ability to properly place coaches in situations to allow for successful outcomes, across entire athletic departments. He has provided coaches the ability to create dynamic and winning cultures around their teams. He has great moral and ethical standards and has proven to choose successful coaches based on those moral and ethical standards. . .

Thanks for the response. I hope he does a great job here.

How is this hire a game changer?

I think people are thinking this because it changes “the game” as to how Tennessee “has been doing things.”

With the quick and competent hire it can be reasonably assumed the next coaching hire will not be....terrible, irrational.....but will be...well thought out, and probably an actual good hire.

It “appears” Tennessee has a plan. They are not simply throwing things at the wall.....to see what sticks.

This is out of the norm for Tennessee......and could end up working quite nicely.

Thus changes the game for Tennessee......over how things have been done previously.

UT background bias is what got us in this mess in the first place

This irrational hatred of people with a "UT background" is hilarious. Last time I looked Dave Hart and John Currie and Derek Dooley and Butch Jones and Lane Kiffin and Jeremy Pruitt didn't have a UT background. How'd that work out?

The last time I checked the score was Phil Fulmer 1 National Championship, those other douche nozzles 0

While I don't follow AD's, from what I hear we have a proven AD. That is a major step up from a clueless Fulmer. It offers a bit of excitement given the current state of the program.

I mean that’s a good thing but many are acting like this is a home run hire. I just want to know, other than the insignificant reason you stated, that White is better than Ingram or Gilbert?

That is not an insignificant reason. But still, White's resume is better than either of them. He's been an athletics director for as long as Gilbert and Ingram combined. He's hired multiple football coaches all of whom have produced a winning record. He's considered a top 10 AD nationally. Ingram has never hired a coach. UAB's coach was hired a year and a half before Ingram took the job. Gilbert has made one football hire in his short career. That coach is 7-14.

This irrational hatred of people with a "UT background" is hilarious. Last time I looked Dave Hart and John Currie and Derek Dooley and Butch Jones and Lane Kiffin and Jeremy Pruitt didn't have a UT background. How'd that work out?

The last time I checked the score was Phil Fulmer 1 National Championship, those other douche nozzles 0
I don't think it's an irrational hatred. I believe it's simply a desire to move on a path that hasn't been travelled recently. A move away from a path that has produced poor results.

Reactions: westennvol
I was hoping this was the route they were going to go, solid solid hire, he has record of hiring great coaches for both basketball and football. This is good news for Tennessee!! Now go get a damn football coach who can get this football program back on track!

Reactions: CJBlaze
Do some reading. He has been ranked in the top 5 of ADs. He is young and has made huge waves at a lower level school. Every basketball hire and football hire he has made has been great.
He has one of the best pedigrees of all ADs in the country.

He seems to know what he's doing. He's hired Bobby Hurley, Lance Leipold, Nate Oats, Scott Frost, Johnny Dawkins and Josh Heupel to name a few. And all the UCF sports programs are doing well.

VN Store

Back