Things that you would change about the game if you could.

I agree especially on the bands. Oklahoma against us was the first team I noticed it with...it’s annoying and highly unsportsmanlike...and also probably means didly squat to the players.

The only competitor pumped in music I don’t mind is SC sandstorm. Was there a few years ago, and thought they pump in entirely too much synthetic noise, that wasn’t bad.

I get really tired of the "Welcome to the Jungle" intro, on every 3rd down situation. Cut it back to third and long, only, please!

Reactions: Offset Eye
You must not be watching many TV games. It's even started happening in the pro games.
Every now and then I see a player go down in video but I have never seen on Tv a coaching staff caught pointing at a player to go down. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen , I just never saw coaches caught doing it.

I figure the fans of other teams that are watching would even it out. We all watch games every Saturday and/or Sunday that we have no dog in the fight while we wait for our game or after it ends. I just think back to the Bama game this past year being one of the worst and slanted games I’ve ever seen at any level. Then someone did some digging and discovered one of the refs had a daughter that attended Alabama. I know Tennessee fans are fair and I’d expect most other fans would be too. I can’t see Alabama fans voting “unnecessary roughness” on Darrell Taylor for getting up off the qb.

What? Not only would Taylor's play be roughness, UT would literally never have a completed pass against Bama. There is no way you actually think that fans on their couches would be more fair than actual refs.

If I was the Dictator of the NCAA..... 1st thing I would do is easy.............

Kick A&M, Missouri, and Arkansas out of the SEC.
Move UF to the Sun Belt Conference.:D

Reactions: MAD
Change the game back to tackle football especially for QBs. Make them just like any other player you can tackle. Never call PI unless the receiver gets thrown to the ground.

I would put the refs out there like they are, although I would put the CALLS online to be determined by the fans. You have 10 seconds to cast your vote on any play in question. It’ll speed up the game and take the bias out of the refs hands. Overall a more fair game.
How the eff would letting fans decide remove bias?

Reactions: Offset Eye
10 yards is too harsh for holding. 5 yards and the play is erased is the more fitting punishment to the crime.

Having to go from 1st and 10 to 1st and 20 completely changes the dynamic of the drive, which shouldn’t happen for holding.

1. Eliminate National Championship Game/tournament. Have a final Poll first week in December, declare a national champ, then go play the bowl games and have a good time.

2. Eliminate overtime games. A tie score at end of regulations remains a tie!
Sorry but I can't stand a tie ball game plus the Vols have done well in overtime games. Look at the 1990 team which IMO was one of if not the best team Majors put on the field. Two ties that could have been wins. Of course Johnny loved ties it means he didn't lose.

Who determines if a timeout is a 30 second timeout or a full timeout? Drives me nuts when the refs announce "This is a 30 second timeout." If I'm a coach I'm saying all timeouts are equal, meaning all are full timeouts.

1. eliminate the ejection for targeting until the 2nd offense....
2. change the rules for the clock back to what it used to be....sick of TV trying to dictate the game...i.e., the clock stops on out of bounds plays, and incomplete passes....
3. shorten play clock to 35 seconds....
4. institute a 2 minute warning
5. make PI a spot foul
6. a player is not ruled down until he is touched--like the NFL....

Just off the top of my head

Naw, I want a revolutionary review of the entire rule books that govern HS, college, and pro football. Have a giant rules summit and come up with one rule book, that can have variants on rules for each division i.e. down or not down without contact, etc. But make life easier on the world with one field configuration, decide on one or two feet down for a catch, two minute warning or not, et. al. No reason for all the variants in rulebooks that have serious probems due to the way rules have evolved. Make life easier on progressions of officials up the ranks by having as few variants as possible. Can't elminate them all but sure could simplify life for everyone, including the fans. Replay rules applicable or not, but the same when in play.

Lose the rule where the other team gets awarded the football if someone fumbles out of the end zone. It makes zero sense to me that anywhere else you fumble and it goes out of bounds you get the ball where it went out or at the spot of the fumble. But if you fumble through the end zone it’s automatically the other teams ball. I’ll never understand it.
Absolutely the worst rule for sure in football and maybe all of sports. It makes zero sense. This would be the first change I would make if anointed King of Football!

Reactions: Frozevol
Points for field goals are awarded based on distance:
inside the 20 1 point
20-30 2 points
30-40 3 points
40-50 4 points
50+ 5 points

Reactions: I40flyer
Teams must wear their school colors. Nobody has a black and white TV anymore. We know who the home and away teams are.

3 Schools get to be Bulldogs, 3 get to be tigers, everyone else pick a different mascot.

3 schools get to blue and white, 3 schools get to be red and black/white everyone else find something else

NCAA hires all refs. If you attended/donate to/have family that does/did either, you can NOT call a game involving that school.

1 no penalty transfer after your second year at a school. If you transfer before, you sit a year.

If you do not win your division, you are disqualified from the playoffs.

85 scholarship cap moved to 95

25 commit cap moved to 20

Upto 4 transfers per season only count against the 95 cap

20 x 4= 80 plus 15 redshirts is more natural flow of guys through the program.

Make field goals progressive in how many points they earn. It would depend on the closest you ever got to the goal line as to how many points you get.

Inside the 10 - 1 point
Inside the 20 - 2 points
Inside the 30 - 3 points
And so on

Could make the strategy decisions a whole lot more interesting.

Reactions: I40flyer
What? Not only would Taylor's play be roughness, UT would literally never have a completed pass against Bama. There is no way you actually think that fans on their couches would be more fair than actual refs.
I just think it would work if the refs make the call but the fans make the decision. Majority rules in 10 seconds after replay. If it doesn’t work what’s changed? You get a game that looks exactly like Bama/UT 2019 and a trail and error. So yes I do think the average fan would be more fair than a ref. I refuse to believe the Taylor penalty would’ve been voted the same way even by Bama fans.

I just think it would work if the refs make the call but the fans make the decision. Majority rules in 10 seconds after replay. If it doesn’t work what’s changed? You get a game that looks exactly like Bama/UT 2019 and a trail and error. So yes I do think the average fan would be more fair than a ref. I refuse to believe the Taylor penalty would’ve been voted the same way even by Bama fans.

I'm trying to come up with a list of worse suggestions than yours. So far yours is worse than one team being populated by live tigers, but it's a little better than playing all games on the surface of the sun.

Reactions: 1vol8
How the eff would letting fans decide remove bias?
Majority rules. If it’s close of course fans of favoring team would lean in favor of their team but you also have fans of the team the call was against. They cancel each other out. If it’s an obvious biased call on the refs part (like the Taylor call vs Bama) I think there are more honest fans than cheaters within any fan base so I suspect it wouldn’t hold up after vote. But then you have a national audience of fans without a dog in the fight that will vote without bias at all.

I'm trying to come up with a list of worse suggestions than yours. So far yours is worse than one team being populated by live tigers, but it's a little better than playing all games on the surface of the sun.
Lol..... it may not work. I just think it would be worth a shot. In no way did I call it fool proof.

VN Store

Back