Things I Have Built

Ridgid allowed the power tools to license their name (was basically a rebadged tool for an existing brand but I can't remember the original brand) but it was not the same company as their plumbing/piping tools

I thought Home Depot purchased Ridgid but I was told they didn't. Home Depot does have an exclusive agreement with Ridgid power tools. Home Depot did purchase Ryobi if I'm not mistaken.

On a side note, I purchased some Home Depot stock and it's performed very well.

Last edited:
I thought Home Depot purchased Ridgid but I was told they didn't. Home Depot does have an exclusive agreement with Ridgid power tools. Home Depot did purchase Ryobi if I'm not mistaken.

On a side note, I purchased some Home Depot stick and it's performed very well.

Sticks for a stick welder?

On a side note, I purchased some Home Depot stick and it's performed very well.

It may have changed since but I was up at Ridgid for tool training soon after the power tools came out. Of course that was a popular question and they explained the use of the name. We were learning about their real tools :)

On a side note, I purchased some Home Depot stock and it's performed very well.

The Ryobi Tools brand in North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand is owned by Techtronic Industries of Hong Kong. :hi::hi:

Short afternoon project. Let sit for a few days to dry out and then stain. Got a woodworking buddy that has a hot iron and he’s gonna do “in memory of “ and a bowling pin in the right hand corner of the backrest which represents the 10 pin which my friend hated. E6044AA9-D7C6-4E1B-9648-11D0B484FA0C.jpeg2269A386-A145-44FE-84DD-EB369FACB06C.jpeg

Wife wanted built in shelves for homeschool room. 5 trips to Lowe’s later.... Thing I’m most proud of was eyeballing a perfect 45degree angle for the quarter round trim on the floor LOL

I plan to ad cabinet doors on the bottom row down the line.

5C4BA9E1-C054-41FC-B8BC-9BA462C50DE3.jpeg

Here's a couple pictures of my DIY canning station for filling smaller containers with solvent from 55-gal drums. This weekend I replenished my stock of 1-gal cans and 5-gal pails of two "environmentally friendly" solvents we import from Denmark for use in lithography (mostly for art schools and much of it in Canada). Two drums worth will supply this small market for 1-2 years.

Attachments

• Canning Station Pic-1.JPG
    Canning Station Pic-1.JPG
    59 KB · Views: 8
  • Canning Station Pic-2.JPG
    Canning Station Pic-2.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 8
  • Canning Station Pic-3.JPG
    Canning Station Pic-3.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: malinoisvol
Mostly what I do is supply catalysts and adsorbents for gas purification, occasionally also providing small vessels like the one pictured here which contains a (pyrophoric!) copper catalyst activated in my lab so's it will absorb oxygen. This picture was from a customer's pilot plant where they are working on a DOE-funded project to produce jet fuel from renewable feedstocks such as wood chips. (Lots of government funding is going to help develop technologies for making ethanol and then converting the ethanol into other chemicals traditionally derived from coal, petroleum or natural gas).

Attachments

• 2L Oxygen Trap.JPG
    2L Oxygen Trap.JPG
    67.7 KB · Views: 4
What you use it for? Looks like the feet area space is limited to do anything up close on it
I use it in various ways. Don't have many visitors but when I do it's like the conference room table. Across from it is a small table (actually a portable work bench) with my desk phone and on the other side of that and also at the other end is my L-shaped catalyst testing/conditioning system, so the pallet table is like a credenza when I'm using the desk phone and also used for jotting down data when I am running my catalyst apparatus, and also used for preparing small packages for shipment. So it is pretty versatile and a focal point for a lot of the work I am doing in there in spite of the somewhat cramped foot space. I'm not that tall anyways, so when using it like a desk I generally prop my feet on one of the pallets.

Reactions: vol_in_ar
Wife wanted built in shelves for homeschool room. 5 trips to Lowe’s later.... Thing I’m most proud of was eyeballing a perfect 45degree angle for the quarter round trim on the floor LOL

I plan to ad cabinet doors on the bottom row down the line.

View attachment 162640

You don't happen to have the plans for this or did you do it all from memory?

You don't happen to have the plans for this or did you do it all from memory?

This was my basic inspiration (wife follows this blog and pointed me to it). I used their general idea of mounting the support panels to the wall. Then I kinda winged it from there to fit my needs.

How To Build Pantry Shelves | Young House Love

One thing I did not do is pull the baseboard off. Our house is 112 years old with plaster walls and I did not feel comfortable doing that without tearing something else up. Instead I cut a notch out at the bottom of the panels to go over them. It did leave some gaps which is one reason I would like to add cabinet doors eventually.

Reactions: CagleMtnVol
Ive actually made piece with Home Depot

I havent, and likely never will.

Why go to HD when every store is different, its super cluttered in every aisle like a woman designed it...so you cant get a cart down an aisle...and again, you cant find anything without searching for it.

Lowes only builds stores from 1 blueprint. Some are reversed, but still...always the same blueprint, every store every city. I can have a list of 20 or 30 different things from lowes, and i know EXACTLY where each of them is before i ever enter the store, so i have a planned route and save time. And i am not at all OCD...you should see my truck, it looks like a grenade went off...but logicly placing everything in the same place every time saves time...and any time i have to go to the store for any purpose, i am losing money. Its that simple. Time is money. HD is full of soccer moms (married to 1) and they designed it for that reason. I never, ever go to HD if there is a lowes within 10 mins difference drivetime.

VN Store

Back