They better lock Josh Huepel up!

Typical….. wanting to lock him up when he’s proved nothing of substance.
I agree but you have to admit, when has a first year Tennessee head coach beat the hell out of teams he’s supposed to beat like that? Normally Tennessee coaches play to the level of their competition.

I agree but you have to admit, when has a first year Tennessee head coach beat the hell out of teams he’s supposed to beat like that? Normally Tennessee coaches play to the level of their competition.
I agree but Heupel is know for busting up bad teams and laying an egg vs good ones

I agree but Heupel is know for busting up bad teams and laying an egg vs good ones
Was not aware of that but I won’t judge him in year 1 and 2. Now year 3? Better be finishing top 3 of the east and going to a good bowl. Year 5, I need to be sitting in Atlanta watching him in the sec championship game.

From what I’ve seen so far the guy can coach and develop players. And we don’t even have a full roster. The administration needs to make sure he doesn’t leave.
He is ihalfway through year one of a five year contract, NO!!!!! This is the same irrational thinking by current and past administrations that has gotten us to where we are today. Premature raises extensions and increased buyouts that leads to massive payouts and new coaching searches. How about we wait and make sure they earn an extension at the end of the first contract.

What scares me is how does the sec adjust to our offense in year two. Im excited as anyone but do we keep rolling or do the other schools adjust to it. Hope we can keep teams guessing going foward..
USCjr adjusted their defense around the 10 min. mark of the 2nd qtr. They seemed to shut us down and I'm sure CJH will get to the bottom of it.

tenor.gif

Well Vols missed out on some big names like the guy above and "settled" for Josh Heupel. Give Danny White a raise too for hiring the MAN who wanted the job and plays exciting football. Amazing turnaround for the 2021 TN Vols led by Mr. Heupel.

Typical….. wanting to lock him up when he’s proved nothing of substance.

For real.

I like Heupel so far and I am happy with our past two wins but it's WAAAAY too early to be locking him up. We've made that mistake a couple of times before. We haven't beaten anyone worthwhile.

I am all about the feel goods that a couple of impressive wins are bringing but this is ridiculous.

The guy is under contract through 2027 already.

According to Tennessee, Heupel’s contract will run through Jan. 31, 2027 and he will make $4 million annually to start out. His contract will run through Jan. 31, 2028 if Tennessee receives a postseason ban or reduction in scholarships of eight or more.

I am all about the feel goods that a couple of impressive wins are bringing but this is ridiculous.

The guy is under contract through 2027 already.

According to Tennessee, Heupel’s contract will run through Jan. 31, 2027 and he will make $4 million annually to start out. His contract will run through Jan. 31, 2028 if Tennessee receives a postseason ban or reduction in scholarships of eight or more.
I’d give him a $500,000 bonus and add a year if he can just beat Lane.

Reactions: knox73
I’d give him a $500,000 bonus and add a year if he can just beat Lane.

I really want them to put another 20 or 30 point win on the board next week and shut Kiffin and his acolytes up.

The guy is a good coach but it is past time to move on. Beating the hell out of him in Neyland would be a good tonic to do that.

Do that and maybe White will throw him that 500K bonus lol

From what I’ve seen so far the guy can coach and develop players. And we don’t even have a full roster. The administration needs to make sure he doesn’t leave.

Meh, CJH just won 2 games against nobodies. Happy to get the W's but we are about to enter into a 4 game stretch against 4 top ranked football teams. Let's see how he coaches the boys up during the next month before we give him a Jimbo Fisher type coaching contract. Sorry to rain on the parade but get back to me on Nov 14.

Reactions: USAFgolferVol
Calm down. Let's see a little sustained success before we open the checkbook again. We've been royally screwed with that maneuver in the past.

Kiffin dumped us, but we fired Pruitt, Butch, DooLittle, Fulmer, Majors, and Battle. We have the money and fan base prestige to keep a top-notch coach, we just have to make sure we have one this time.

Oklahoma has nothing on us and they fired the guy, so there's that as well.

Reactions: 1989Vol
Tennessee, so far, does not have a win over a team with a winning record. Tennessee could very well lose the next four games to put record at 4-6.

VN Store

Back