They better lock Josh Huepel up!

The turnaround from week 1 and 2 is looking better and better. We'll see how much we've improved against Ole Miss next week. IMO, Ole Miss is at the top of the list in the 2nd tier of teams in the conference.

Reactions: Rando
What scares me is how does the sec adjust to our offense in year two. Im excited as anyone but do we keep rolling or do the other schools adjust to it. Hope we can keep teams guessing going foward..

Heupel should be evaluated during year 3 unless he just has a ridiculous year two. I fully believe he is the real deal and the best hire we've made in years. However I don't see any need to talk about a raise and extension until year 3.

Reactions: jes and N.ohio vol
What scares me is how does the sec adjust to our offense in year two. Im excited as anyone but do we keep rolling or do the other schools adjust to it. Hope we can keep teams guessing going foward..

It got much better in year two at Missouri. Kiffin is running it with the hire of Heupel's OC and outside of Alabama smashing it he's scoring at will in year 2. Because the rules of football have changed to favor offense, good offenses will keep being good offenses. That's why hiring Pruitt to run Fulmerball was quite literally the stupidest thing we could have done 3 years ago.

Were seeing him win a lot more games with a lot less talent than Cornbread had. Both lines have been far better than the much more vaunted lines of last season. I don't know how many more we win if no one transfers, but I feel like we would've won the Pittsburgh game at least. It will all come down to recruiting with Heupel to get where we want to be.

I really like what I'm seeing with the offense and the defense. I will jump on the pay him whatever he wants, when we beat someone we shouldn't have. The team and the fan base needs a top 10 upset. That would send a crack of thunder all of the sec would hear. Tennessee's back!

I hope so. If OU keeps falling apart, Lincoln Riley might be on the hot seat.
OU fired Huepel as OC...I seriously doubt he goes back there...Besides he already said he is here for the long haul...I really hope he is successful enough to be here for a long long time.

Reactions: onevol74
Typical….. wanting to lock him up when he’s proved nothing of substance.

He's beaten two really bad SEC teams. Aren't we supposed to be competing against the Floridas, (who beat him soundly) the Georgias and Alabamas of the SEC world first? Beat somebody of consequence before EVEN discussing extenstions and raises.

VN Store

Back