There are 3 threads on Georgia’s board about us

I just have a feeling that UK is fools gold. They go 1-2 over the next 3 games with losses to Miss State & Ole Tits. Hell SCAR just might give them a game too.

Yeah, UK is the slowest P5 team as in time between plays . I think this sets UGA to shut them down with their D. Think this game will be a blowout.
I feel UK couldn’t beat UF over 50% of time the 2 pick 6’s that AR had would have to be served every game for UK to win 50%+. JMO

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
My cracked crystal balls,..., it says,..., that.... WAIT! It's rattling and bouncing on the table!
By the prickling of my thumb, something preposterous this way comes.

He used to be good but now it seems like he just says the same stuff over and over every video. He needs to mix it up some.

“Not really an athlete”

*makes several comparisons (you out here missing tackles like… etc, etc)*

*Ends with mama joke*

Yeah he does have a formula. Some of that repetition I think is meant to mock coach speak though. He does have a newer thing where he cuts between the teams.

Two about how we’re excited about our program but in for a “rude awakening” in November. Another is a video of us vs Florida by the Coach 30 guy.

Hey…. little fellas, you’re the defending National Champs, your season is going well. Can Tennessee get a break from living in your head for a while? I know this offense scares you, but come on y’all.
Georgia will beat us as badly if not worse than anyone else this year. Any smack talk in that direction is unfounded--unless I am wrong, which will not be proven until those games are over (I do hope I am so wrong.)

I feel like what does on with our fans is similar to McGregor challenging Whitaker in a boxing ring. He got really good in UFC, but he was no pro boxer. He got cocky and for beat BADLY. And the McGregor fans who believed that fight was even close are similar to the fans who think we SHOULD go 10-2 this year and bragging about our offense being #3 when two of our four games were against Akron and Ball St.

As a fan base we would benefit by paying attention to the fact we haven't played a team even close to Georgia's and Alabama's calibur, yet we squeaked out two wins. We have only played 4 games, 2 of which were against awful teams everyone else has blown out that is half way decent. We are still just 20 games removed from a gutted 3 win team that lost to a 3 win Arkansas team. We apparently also have had limited rosters both last year and this year. Our best WR is hurt. Our DBs are as bad as I have ever seen.

I mean, seriously, how in the world does anyone really think we have any grounds to stand on when talking smack to GA or Bama or worse, EXPECT this team to finish better than 8-4/9-3? Is it possible for us not to get carried away?

Maybe I'm being a downer Dan and taking the smack talk too seriously, but I do remember our fanbase comparing Butch Jones to Neyland a bit prematurely ;)

Georgia will beat us as badly if not worse than anyone else this year. Any smack talk in that direction is unfounded--unless I am wrong, which will not be proven until those games are over (I do hope I am so wrong.)

I feel like what does on with our fans is similar to McGregor challenging Whitaker in a boxing ring. He got really good in UFC, but he was no pro boxer. He got cocky and for beat BADLY. And the McGregor fans who believed that fight was even close are similar to the fans who think we SHOULD go 10-2 this year and bragging about our offense being #3 when two of our four games were against Akron and Ball St.

As a fan base we would benefit by paying attention to the fact we haven't played a team even close to Georgia's and Alabama's calibur, yet we squeaked out two wins. We have only played 4 games, 2 of which were against awful teams everyone else has blown out that is half way decent. We are still just 20 games removed from a gutted 3 win team that lost to a 3 win Arkansas team. We apparently also have had limited rosters both last year and this year. Our best WR is hurt. Our DBs are as bad as I have ever seen.

I mean, seriously, how in the world does anyone really think we have any grounds to stand on when talking smack to GA or Bama or worse, EXPECT this team to finish better than 8-4/9-3? Is it possible for us not to get carried away?

Maybe I'm being a downer Dan and taking the smack talk too seriously, but I do remember our fanbase comparing Butch Jones to Neyland a bit prematurely ;)
Georgia beat us 41-17 last year. There ain't no way in hell it'll be worse if we take the loss. I like our chances.

Georgia beat us 41-17 last year. There ain't no way in hell it'll be worse if we take the loss. I like our chances.
Our secondary is worse. We lost two guys to the NFL. Don't be so sure, but despite my rant I like your optimism. I often hope I'm wrong and this is definitely an example of one of those times.

Both Alabama and Georgia have offenses that are as good as Tennessee. The stats don't lie. The problem is is that Tennessee is ranked 96 in total defense where Alabama presently is number two, Georgia number 11, LSU number 12, and Kentucky number 17. So when Tennessee plays a very good offensive team which they haven't done yet that also has a very good defense which they haven't done yet it may be trouble

Gaslighting and strawmen. No one said Butch was Neyland. UGa and Bama are both way more talented than us but let’s not pretend we are Vandy either and have no shot in any game.

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Both Alabama and Georgia have offenses that are as good as Tennessee. The stats don't lie. The problem is is that Tennessee is ranked 96 in total defense where Alabama presently is number two, Georgia number 11, LSU number 12, and Kentucky number 17. So when Tennessee plays a very good offensive team which they haven't done yet that also has a very good defense which they haven't done yet it may be trouble
Kent state and Texas are great teams

Look man, I have never once stated that we are going to run the table or anything like that this season. I just want some damn respect for our team. It's hilarious that Tennessee gets trounced with:
"They haven't played anyone"
"They barely beat Florida"
"They should've lost to Pitt and Florida"
Etc. Etc. Etc.

But when teams like Georgia and Alabama fail to live up to their hype, they get bailed out by bs excuses. When Alabama barely beat Texas (a team they should've won by 2 Td's against) it was excuse after excuse. Georgia fails to cover completely against teams like Kent State and Samford and Kirby is all like "We treated it like a scrimmage out there today". I mean if this was the BCS era still, Alabama and UGA would've paid dearly (rankings wise) for failing to cover against inferior teams.

I can understand Bama walking around with a balloon head after the success they've had since Saban took over. I will never understand UGA winning one after 40 years and all of a sudden it seems like every single fellow member of your fan base thinks UGA is completely unstoppable for the next 20 years to come.

I will say Tennessee has been turned around tremendously with Heupel and better days for a long time are ahead. We're like the Dallas Cowboys, everyone loves to hate us when we start rising.

My brother-in-law is a massive Georgia fan and loves sending me articles about how great they are and Stetson-this and Stetson-that, so during the UT-Akron blowout they put the attached image on the screen where analyst Aaron Murray has Hendon Hooker ahead of Stetson Bennett in SEC QB rating. So sent that to him as a joke (but I kind of agreed with it too to be honest) and he lost his mind. Went off on Hooker’s last name (sigh…) and on and on. I was like “dude you sound like you are literally bothered by this. It’s just something I thought was funny.” That’s Georgia fans in a nutshell. Look, Hendon Hooker and this offense are really really good ok? Just admit it. My god.

Attachments

• 7E19C297-B08A-41D2-86E6-408F3C995E29.jpeg
    7E19C297-B08A-41D2-86E6-408F3C995E29.jpeg
    736.8 KB · Views: 12
My favorite thing about UGA fans is that their university has zero excuse for being anything less than elite. They are the only in state school worth a damn in one of the most fertile recruiting grounds in the country. They should be drafting kids out of ATL and have still managed mostly mediocrity until now. They SHOULD be where they are now. Yet grown men bark at other fans like they’ve been superior for their existence.

So I’ll just put out there that the point of the thread is that Georgia still constantly talks about us, even though they have had much more recent success than us. Nothing to do with whether not we will beat them on the field this year.

So I’ll just put out there that the point of the thread is that Georgia still constantly talks about us, even though they have had much more recent success than us. Nothing to do with whether not we will beat them on the field this year.
This is true I think I was responding to some responses, but just hit reply to the thread. My bad for not replying to the appropriate person.

source.gif

Reactions: tbh and SmashMouth
Look man, I have never once stated that we are going to run the table or anything like that this season. I just want some damn respect for our team. It's hilarious that Tennessee gets trounced with:
"They haven't played anyone"
"They barely beat Florida"
"They should've lost to Pitt and Florida"
Etc. Etc. Etc.

But when teams like Georgia and Alabama fail to live up to their hype, they get bailed out by bs excuses. When Alabama barely beat Texas (a team they should've won by 2 Td's against) it was excuse after excuse. Georgia fails to cover completely against teams like Kent State and Samford and Kirby is all like "We treated it like a scrimmage out there today". I mean if this was the BCS era still, Alabama and UGA would've paid dearly (rankings wise) for failing to cover against inferior teams.

I can understand Bama walking around with a balloon head after the success they've had since Saban took over. I will never understand UGA winning one after 40 years and all of a sudden it seems like every single fellow member of your fan base thinks UGA is completely unstoppable for the next 20 years to come.

I will say Tennessee has been turned around tremendously with Heupel and better days for a long time are ahead. We're like the Dallas Cowboys, everyone loves to hate us when we start rising.
There are only three SEC coaches that have won 12 or more games in three seasons or more. That would be Saban, Meyer, and Smart. There's definitely a good reason for Georgia's enthusiasm. They have played for national championship two out of the last four years. They won it last year. UGA fans could care less about 40 years ago. Look at the recruiting presently. It's Alabama number one and Georgia number two as it usually is for the last several years. Georgia will be around for a long time just like Alabama will be as long as Saban is there. So many Tennessee fans are caught up in the tree smart error. There's a new coach in town and he's done a fantastic job. He's only lost one game to a team that didn't go to a New Year's bowl game and that was South Carolina a couple of years ago. He loses to good teams that he should lose to and wins the games he should win. That's all any Fan base could ask for in a coach. Sabin and Kirby could care less about covering the spread. They only care about the win. When their team has a bad outing they use it as a great motivational tool. It's the best thing that could've happened to Georgia against Kent State and Alabama against Texas. Alabama and Georgia are just held to a higher standard now and that's because of the product they have put on the field. It's hilarious whenever they don't cover that like somehow they lost their less of a good team. Too damn funny. All that matters is that big W in the win column.

There are only three SEC coaches that have won 12 or more games in three seasons or more. .
A great accomplishment for sure, but they also weren't playing 12 game schedules until about 12-15 years ago.

No doubt, UGA is great and the schedule is favorable. But there's nothing inevitable about college football and they are still going to play the games.

There's a new coach in town and he's done a fantastic job. He's only lost one game to a team that didn't go to a New Year's bowl game and that was South Carolina a couple of years ago.
That's a damn lie.
2016- Kirby lost to:
Ole Miss (did not go to a new year's bowl game that year)
Tennessee (did not go to a new year's bowl game that year)
Vanderbilt (did not go to a new year's bowl game that year)
GA Tech (did not go to a new year's bowl game that year)

South Carolina (did not go to a new year's bowl game that year)

Florida (did not go to a new year's bowl game that year)

So go tell that lie somewhere else

Reactions: Rickyvol77

VN Store

Back