The WRASSLIN’ Thread

The tag bracket is kinda meh. Why have BCC go over FTR and then not even have them in it?

I could see FTR winning and immediately getting challenged by BCC.
It's time to put the BCC back where they belong.....jobbing for Eddie Kingston.

Seriously though, I think you hit the nail on the head. I don't get why they left them out of the tournament, unless they got next.

Garcia vs. Moriarity was kind of a squash match. That deserved more I think. They were even hyping it up to be an instant classic. It was not. Decent, I just felt like they deserved more.

And I don't see Darby climbing Everest with a broken foot... Or are they just "writing him off tv?". Tony is selling it like it's real.

So glad Pac is back! Slow is a good worker.

Garcia vs. Moriarity was kind of a squash match. That deserved more I think. They were even hyping it up to be an instant classic. It was not. Decent, I just felt like they deserved more.

And I don't see Darby climbing Everest with a broken foot... Or are they just "writing him off tv?". Tony is selling it like it's real.

So glad Pac is back! Slow is a good worker.
I saw an article yesterday that said his foot is actually broken and Everest will have to be put off a year.

Shibata and Danielson beat the crap out of each other. That was awesome!
Up late and watching Collision.

What a match!!!
So much so, it makes me think I misjudged why Danielson doesn't jive with Eddie Kingston. Shibata is like Eddie, but with more technical ability and an insane motor. Kingston gives and takes strikes better than both. Add half the motor of either guy, and "The Mad King" would be a dang legend.

Last edited:
Surprised his back wasn't broken from that Revolution spot.

Really enjoyed the Archer Claudio match. Love Archer and the Righteous teaming up.
Archer is a great Big Man. The thing that really sets him apart, is that he can sell. He can take a big move and not look awkward when he lands.

I kind of wish AEW had kept Lance in the US and sent Luchasaurus to Japan. It would have done them both good.

The only match that doesn't fit the card is AJ and LA Knight. It comes off as a TV match. I'm sure AJ will make Knight look good and put him over. Otherwise, a really good card fitting of a WrestleMania. I think there's a few more matches to be made.

I'm not surprised by this at all. If Tony wanted her,he knew he would have to shell out the cash to pay her more than Becky Lynch. Whether that's going to be a worthwhile investment for AEW and their women's division going forward remains to be seen. If I was going to spend that much, I would sure hope so.

He's going to have to get away from the short matches,and one woman's match a show. I think he's worried that it would kill his ratings. He has some talented women on his roster. Play to their strengths and book them better. If TNA,WWE/NXT can do it well,so can AEW. If Tony doesn't want to,hire a booker. D'AMORE is out there and he did great with the Knockouts.

Just now starting Dynamite/Rampage. It's 9:25 pm now.

Sasha's body type starting to look like a wrestler now. I like it. Crowd seemed a little lukewarm to her though. But I guess it's going to be tougher for anybody to get a huge pop in this town tonight. Unless you are Adam Copeland and Christian Cage. She dove right into this complex Willow/Stat/Julia/Skye storyline though.

Why do I get TNA/Impact vibes circa 2010 maybe, with the new set design and camera angles? It's like they do it on purpose. They mimic a particular era of wrestling for a time. Maybe it's just because the same people have shot and produced and blocked wrestling for years, that it's all just kind of blending together now. Or maybe Tony just says, hey, let's shoot this week like the AWA used to. Or WCW in 1998 lol. I guess there's only so many ways you can shoot it. Just random thoughts. I might have had a Jaeger or two.

Better match than I thought it would be with Okada and Eddie. I thought it would awkward and styles would clash, but they both adapted well. That sliding forearm by Eddie looked stiff. And those chops! But it went about as I expected. Good job by Eddie.

Last edited:
Hook and Jericho was pretty good. I'm kind of out on both of them anyway. I never thought I would hear a New Yorker being cheered over a Canadian in Canada. Under any circumstances, lol. Somebody on Twitter said Jericho looks like Bobby Eaton and Greg the Hammer Valentine had a baby

Are we building to a Wardlow/Cole feud?

I just read about Dustin McPhetridge and how he relates to Ricky Morton. A guy who blames his cerebal palsy for him being a pedophile. What a sick human being. That hits close to home having a loved one with CP who is a wonderful human being. Then,reading about selling wrasslin' tapes to help Ricky Morton to help him out while Morton owed his ex-wife $60k in child support. That's some strange stuff there.

On a lighter note, sounds like a decent card @VolInNorthCack ....They could be rushing Mercedes into that storyline too quickly. I don't think she's needed right now... Give her a matchup against someone on the mid-card with the women(Saraya,Ruby Soho?) Slowly work her back into it.

I'm glad the Okada/Eddie match went better than expected. I wasnt sure how that was going to go.

I hope they push Wardlow moving forward. I didn't get Joe beating him clean after they gave Wardlow all the mic time and winning at Revolution. Maybe by DQ?

VN Store

Back