The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Last edited:
Yeah,I'm curious how much they're actually paying him. I know that I read where the yen is at its lowest value in 30 years so you could see Japanese wrestlers coming overseas at a higher rate. It's probably why Okada probably took the contract as he'd be making much more in the US.
Are they paying him in yen? If so he could make a mint if the value the currency goes back up.

Are they paying him in yen? If so he could make a mint if the value the currency goes back up.
Probably not(not sure)....I misspoke there. Would be neat though. A higher rate in US dollars.If he goes back,I'm sure they'll convert it,and he'll be worth a lot more than most if he goes back home. A win/win for both Okada and AEW.

Last edited:
Danielson and Taylor was a better match than I thought it would be. Good setup with Osprey.

What can you say about Toni that hasn't already been said? Another great, funny segment.

I don't know. I think I like the AAA guys better than the CMLL guys they've been trotting out. It just seems like they are all the same guy. Cookie cutter Different personalities in AAA.

The Edge vs. Christian stuff is so good. Christian is just fantastic. Nick Wayne had a nice showing, but Adam Priest is a really good worker. I'd like to see him get another shot somewhere.

Jericho is just.... eh...? meh? I think he needs a break. I also think he needs a new Ralphus. I think the "accusations" took a lot of wind out of his sails. He gets as many boos as he does cheers now. And they aren't heel boos. They seem to be derisive.

Charlie Bravo better be getting a check from Magic City. That was hilarious! I loved the jab at Tony (it's a well known secret that Tony is a strip club connoisseur).

I love Angelico man. Another great worker. He can make anyone look like the freaking best in the world. I'd love to see him make a run. He's good on the mic, really funny guy. I miss him and Jack Evans together.

A little disappointed in the main event entrance. I had heard a rumor that Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin was going to come out with Briscoe, Lethal and Jarret to the Fabulous Freebirds "Badstreet" song. A shame that didn't come together. That place would have erupted.

That bump Briscoe took.. Oh my God. Something was off. There was miscommunication or something. You could see Mark wasn't sure where to go. I don't know if he meant to miss the table, but my God. That may be one of the most insane things I have ever seen in pro wrestling outside of ECW.

Excellent street fight though. Karen Jarrett getting misted from Julia was epic. Loved it. Jeff Jarrett is still one of the best. A 12 time world champion. They should mention that more often. If Flair was the dirtiest player in the game, Jarrett has always been right on his heels. HoB should have gone over and they rightfully did.

Good show.

Danielson and Taylor was a better match than I thought it would be. Good setup with Osprey.

What can you say about Toni that hasn't already been said? Another great, funny segment.

I don't know. I think I like the AAA guys better than the CMLL guys they've been trotting out. It just seems like they are all the same guy. Cookie cutter Different personalities in AAA.

The Edge vs. Christian stuff is so good. Christian is just fantastic. Nick Wayne had a nice showing, but Adam Priest is a really good worker. I'd like to see him get another shot somewhere.

Jericho is just.... eh...? meh? I think he needs a break. I also think he needs a new Ralphus. I think the "accusations" took a lot of wind out of his sails. He gets as many boos as he does cheers now. And they aren't heel boos. They seem to be derisive.

Charlie Bravo better be getting a check from Magic City. That was hilarious! I loved the jab at Tony (it's a well known secret that Tony is a strip club connoisseur).

I love Angelico man. Another great worker. He can make anyone look like the freaking best in the world. I'd love to see him make a run. He's good on the mic, really funny guy. I miss him and Jack Evans together.

A little disappointed in the main event entrance. I had heard a rumor that Gorgeous Jimmy Garvin was going to come out with Briscoe, Lethal and Jarret to the Fabulous Freebirds "Badstreet" song. A shame that didn't come together. That place would have erupted.

That bump Briscoe took.. Oh my God. Something was off. There was miscommunication or something. You could see Mark wasn't sure where to go. I don't know if he meant to miss the table, but my God. That may be one of the most insane things I have ever seen in pro wrestling outside of ECW.

Excellent street fight though. Karen Jarrett getting misted from Julia was epic. Loved it. Jeff Jarrett is still one of the best. A 12 time world champion. They should mention that more often. If Flair was the dirtiest player in the game, Jarrett has always been right on his heels. HoB should have gone over and they rightfully did.

Good show.
I like Shane Taylor more every time I seem him. He's like Yokozuna with Keith Lee's motor.

Props to Jericho for giving back. CMLL has some dudes. But they have a niche they're slow to deviate from. I hope the AEW partnership can help them evolve.

Last edited:
So I was reading online that the WWE has currently named 3 inductees for this year's HoF class: Paul Heyman, Bull Nakano, and the U.S. Express. That last one takes me back to the '80's when I watched WWF on Sunday afternoons. I remember the U.S. Express holding the tag titles and being managed by Captain Lou. Anyway, I was wondering why acts like Bam Bam Bigelow and Demolition aren't in the HoF? I know Owen Hart's widow won't let the WWE enshrine him, which I think is a bit of a shame. I understand not wanting the company to make any money off his name, but I'm not sure they make any money of the HoF. It's not like there's an actual building fans can go see. Anyway, I was wondering if there's any other wrestlers you think should be in that aren't?

Also, I think it would be a nice gesture to induct Bray Wyatt with his dad and uncle going in.

It's an absolute travesty the Midnight Express and Jim Cornette aren't in WWE HOF.
Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane were one of greatest tag teams ever put together.

Was terrific when Dennis Condrey was part of team but went to next level when Stan Lane came along.
It's strange because the Rock'n'Roll Express were inducted several years back. You'd think the Midnight Express would naturally follow.

It's an absolute travesty the Midnight Express and Jim Cornette aren't in WWE HOF.
Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane were one of greatest tag teams ever put together.

Was terrific when Dennis Condrey was part of team but went to next level when Stan Lane came along.
Cornette burned some bridges on the way out of WWE and continued to have similar issues elsewhere afterwards. He would probably try to use that platform to pull some "shock jock" nonsense and stir up controversy to promote his podcast. WWE likely won't induct the Midnight Express until after his passing.

There are so many names that should be in the Hall of Fame. Eddie Graham probably being at the top of the list. It's crazy how much influence Florida Championship Wrestling had on the world of wrestling. If you look at Graham like a coach and everyone who learned under him as assistant coaches... man, his tree is huge. Dusty, Kevin Sullivan, Mike Graham, Steve Keirn, the Briscoes, you could go on and on with the amount of bookers and agents that he trained.

Watching this WWE Biography: Scott Hall on A&E and I had no idea he once shot a guy in the back of the head and got charged with 2nd Degree Murder.
Yeah,I didn't get to see Biography, but I heard a similar story. He was diagnosed as having PTSD a few years later when it was found to be in self-defense.

Okay... They're using Maxxine being booed at a house show to turn Candace heel. Using the insult about her brother who passed. I'm not usually a fan of that kind of heat to get a heel over,but if they go along with and sign off,that's a two way street.

Heck,look at Christians resurgence due to being the same. Its got him over huge as a heel.

Cornette burned some bridges on the way out of WWE and continued to have similar issues elsewhere afterwards. He would probably try to use that platform to pull some "shock jock" nonsense and stir up controversy to promote his podcast. WWE likely won't induct the Midnight Express until after his passing.
WWE rebuilt the many bridges C.M. Punk burnt over the years.

Why punish Bobby Eaton RIP and Stan Lane over Cornette's nonsense.

WWE rebuilt the many bridges C.M. Punk burnt over the years.

Why punish Bobby Eaton RIP and Stan Lane over Cornette's nonsense.
I think the problem is his podcast. They will do one off stuff with him. Many promotions have. WWE has a few times since 2017 when the Rock and Roll Express got in. But it's always on their streaming offerings. WWE seems to want to keep him at arms length. He's basically a dime store Stern and they don't want the controversy.

Add to that, WWE has never really been a proponent of tag team wrestling. Demolition still isn't in the HOF, which is a travesty. Midnight Express wasn't really in WWE. They put the Rock and Roll Express and The Freebirds in because they kind of defined that generation of tag teams. Midnight is in that argument but it's mostly older fans that remember and WWE courts the younger demographic more than "hardcore" wrestling fans.

The Midnight Express absolutely deserves to be in the HOF. But WWE doesn't have much reason to make them a priority and Cornette's antics are a pretty big negative.

Watching Ospreay's last NJPW match. They did the rip up the canvas to expose the boards thing. It didn't work right. It was like the wood wasn't secured down. The boards were loose and they were falling through them. It looked really dangerous.

I think the problem is his podcast. They will do one off stuff with him. Many promotions have. WWE has a few times since 2017 when the Rock and Roll Express got in. But it's always on their streaming offerings. WWE seems to want to keep him at arms length. He's basically a dime store Stern and they don't want the controversy.

Add to that, WWE has never really been a proponent of tag team wrestling. Demolition still isn't in the HOF, which is a travesty. Midnight Express wasn't really in WWE. They put the Rock and Roll Express and The Freebirds in because they kind of defined that generation of tag teams. Midnight is in that argument but it's mostly older fans that remember and WWE courts the younger demographic more than "hardcore" wrestling fans.

The Midnight Express absolutely deserves to be in the HOF. But WWE doesn't have much reason to make them a priority and Cornette's antics are a pretty big negative.
Yeah,the Road Warriors were considered main event talent in NWA,and once they hit the WWE as LOD,they became a sideshow act with Paul Ellering. Part in due to heavy drug abuse, and Vinces stubbornness about putting tag teams in the mid card cause they don't draw. With him out of the picture, I've seen a lot of success with tag teams. Usos vs KO and Sami headlined day one of Mania last year. Priest and Balor are in a multi man ladder match. They have a ways to go,but I've seen a difference.

Cornette has turned into a gimmick as a old,foul mouth Podcaster with a parrot co-host who is as bad as he is. Cornettes hurt others chances of being in the Hall of Fame by association unfortunately.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back