The Woke Olympics

I don’t think I’ll pay attention to the OP and the rest of his couch potato brethren when it comes to judging Simone Biles’ guts and attitude. The closest you clowns have come to pressure is deciding whether to have a donut or a Pop Tart for breakfast. Every gymnastics expert in the world says she’s the GOAT and that’s all you need to know. Her reasons for pulling out are hers alone and nobody else’s business. End of discussion.

I don’t think I’ll pay attention to the OP and the rest of his couch potato brethren when it comes to judging Simone Biles’ guts and attitude. The closest you clowns have come to pressure is deciding whether to have a donut or a Pop Tart for breakfast. Every gymnastics expert in the world says she’s the GOAT and that’s all you need to know. Her reasons for pulling out are hers alone and nobody else’s business. End of discussion.

😭

Yes, they can be. You know who gets to decide? The affected people, not us.

who are they and what do they say.

also loved this gem:

The font has also perpetuated racist stereotypes and Reuters reported that "the font has appeared in racist leaflets and posters to exclude Chinese Americans in the United States."

So has the font on this forum...

Reactions: AM64
cfe6d6cf49e97bfd.jpeg

If it weren't for all the people complaining about politics I would hardly notice the politics.
I have watched every night. I can't recall a single political thing. Too many human interest piece stories, like every Olympics, and that annoying math guy are the only things that I have not enjoyed.

In truth, I'm a bigger fan of the Winter Olympics anyway, so I never pay much attention to the Summer Olympics, politics or no politics.

You mean the athletes?
Have watched 3 hours each night. Haven't seen a thing. One side, guess which one, is way over blowing the amount of "protest". I used to think nothing could get more embarrassing then Dems marching around in Vadge hats. The GOP has taken the gold medal away from them in being soft and sensitive. It's amazing.

Last edited:
Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
I like the views of Tokyo.

Before Covid, i have a friend in Tokyo I used to work with who was hoping I'd come to the Olympics to show me around the city. She was supposed to work the games. I've always wanted to visit. I honestly had not planned the trip though.

I like the views of Tokyo.

Before Covid, i have a friend in Tokyo I used to work with who was hoping I'd come to the Olympics to show me around the city. She was supposed to work the games. I've always wanted to visit. I honestly had not planned the trip though.

Definitely worth a visit, and assuming you don’t speak Japanese I think there’s been an effort to make the city more English-friendly with the Olympics

Definitely worth a visit, and assuming you don’t speak Japanese I think there’s been an effort to make the city more English-friendly with the Olympics

No I don't. With a guide it probably doesn't matter as much but I'd take some language basics.

Have watched 3 hours each night. Haven't seen a thing. One side, guess which one, is way over blowing the amount of "protest". I used to think nothing could get more embarrassing then Dems marching around in Vadge hats. The GOP has taken the gold medal away from them in being soft and sensitive. It's amazing.

Guess they need to medal first.

Guess they need to medal first.
They have. Plenty of times. In fact the ones being biatched about have tons. Maybe you could borrow one. Or reflect on how they are better at what they do then what you do. How they have generational wealth and you don't. How they are the best in the world at something and we aren't. Or you can keep your approach up and they will keep kicking your ass in life. Seems pretty simple to me.

Question: Did you buy a new vadge hat or buy one at a Hillary supporter garage sale?

This basically describes everyone here rooting against Team USA because some (one?) of them dared criticize America
Man, I'm not even in that group you're talking about. I just know that black Americans used to hold it down in the Olympics and now it's looking like we would rather be woke than compete. Tommy Smith and John Carlos at least had to compete before they made their political gesture. Not saying this is necessarily political, because I'm grasping to give Biles the benefit of doubt, but the optics of this coming soon on the heels of Naomi Osaka's bow out just looks fishy/trendy.

It just looks like Black Americans are getting as soft as these privileged suburban white kids.

Reactions: BreatheUT and AM64

VN Store

Back