The Witcher (Netflix)

Yeah..that looks pretty good. Hopefully will erase my memory of GoT season 8.

Re-playing Witcher 3 NG+ right now on Death March difficulty and it is somehow even more fun than the first time. Partly because I am reversing most of my bad decisions, though as the trailer says sometime Geralt can't win no matter what. I am also seeing how deeply interwoven the various threads of the story are. It is really like an epic novel that you can participate in. Anyway this trailer alleviated my concerns that Netflix was going to miss the boat. His over-toxified face at the end was perfect, since I am leaning a little too heavy on the potions to survive these fights.

My wife started reading the short stories and says they are good. Does anyone know if this is supposed to be based more on the books or the game? Seems she is prepping me for some binge watching.

1st episode was good but a bit confusing. Hopefully the series will clarify for me in the rest of the episodes.

Just finished the 1st episode. I'm pretty excited about this series. I like how the story is from the books and not the games.

Having trouble with the accents in episode 1, why the F do all these shows have to use British actors?!?

2 episodes in.

The first episode was absolutely terrific. It very much had the perfect feel to it. Whoever choreographed the fight scenes needs to choreograph all fight scenes in all forms of TV/Movies from now on.

Frankly, the second episode sucked. It was all over the place, the attempt to slide a comic relief character in didn’t match the vibe of the show at all. Yennifer’s origin story was poorly executed, Ciri’s story was ok but the dwarf murdering the lady who abused him at the end seemed like a random, unnecessary turn. Even Geralts story with the Elves was cheesy and poorly done.

Luckily 2 is by far the lowest rated of the series, so hopefully it was just a stumble.

2 episodes in.

The first episode was absolutely terrific. It very much had the perfect feel to it. Whoever choreographed the fight scenes needs to choreograph all fight scenes in all forms of TV/Movies from now on.

Frankly, the second episode sucked. It was all over the place, the attempt to slide a comic relief character in didn’t match the vibe of the show at all. Yennifer’s origin story was poorly executed, Ciri’s story was ok but the dwarf murdering the lady who abused him at the end seemed like a random, unnecessary turn. Even Geralts story with the Elves was cheesy and poorly done.

Luckily 2 is by far the lowest rated of the series, so hopefully it was just a stumble.
Episode One was confusing for me. Some dialog I had no clue wtf was even said or talked about and this is not a show easily watched while doing other things without Missing things. I have played Witcher 1 but only a ways into it (haven't played it in a while and my last save was after going to some city and getting thrown in jail, getting my stuff back and doing a few other quests). I own the other two but want to finish in order. The little I have played at least gave me some familiarity with names I saw, but I am not sure that it really helped me understand anything. I have not read any of the books.
I actually didn't mind episode 2, but it definitely picked up in 3. I am up to episode 7 and really enjoy it. I think it was episode 2 that I figured out that we were jumping timelines across scenes, which can get confusing. Thankfully it seems to be distinct timelines you go back and forth betwen, so I now have a better grasp on when the scenes are set. In other words, it is good that we are not randomly jumping to different periods but instead appear to have multiple timelines that each are progressing linearly.

Finished Season 1. It tied up quite well in the last few episodes. Dreading having to wait for season 2.

1 episode in. No idea what is going on. Fight scenes are cool. Hopefully it does pick up.

VN Store

Back