The WINE (alcohol) thread

Default wine is the Stonehaus Davenport Red. This is the take-to-friends' houses etc. Never had anyone not like it, even the connissieurs enjoy it. Travel a lot and visit wineries whenever able. There is a Versailles Winery near Dayton, Ohio (were on a Lady Vol tourney trip first time) that has very good wines.

Having the Duck Commander Triple Threat red blend. Really complex good flavor, decent aroma, no aftertaste. Keeper. May not, but seems to have a higher percentage of Zin to go with the Cab and Merlot.

Roscato's Rosa Dolce sweet red is the pick for the Italian dessert wine. Better than the Rosso and couple of bucks less at around $12. Just sweet enough to enhance a dessert and not overpower it. Has a Pinot Noir type taste. Would buy again.

Jonata Todos. A Shiraz dominant, red blend. It's a little hard to find, but well worth the search.

Check out what I just scored!! :) :)

Sandeman_30yo__12169_zoom.JPG

I'm a huge fan of the 20 year so I'm excited to try this one.

Reactions: 1 person
My wife like's Stella Rosa Stella Black its a semi sweet at about $15 .

Last edited:
Bump.

I have developed a strong taste for Malbec, especially Argentina/Mendoza. Recommendations anyone? Trying to stay under $25.

FWIW. I still find 2010 Turning Leaf Pinot Noir in the Knoxville area for $8. Best value for PN on the market IMO.

Reactions: 2 people
Bump.

I have developed a strong taste for Malbec, especially Argentina/Mendoza. Recommendations anyone? Trying to stay under $25.

FWIW. I still find 2010 Turning Leaf Pinot Noir in the Knoxville area for $8. Best value for PN on the market IMO.

Good man! Malbec is no. 1 red wine for the healthy phenols and stuff, and pinot noir is #2.

Malbec is my go-to, but a cheaper version, Frontera in the 1.5 L. less than $10 for that size.

For Pinot Noir fans, Meiomi. You will not be disappointed.

Step up from the Meiomi and also a bit better is La Crema. Very good red wine.

I, like many others, first tried Roscato Rosso Dolce at Olive Garden. It's a very smooth, sweet, intro red wine. Still pretty cheap in the liquor stores.

Another great one is Belle Glos Pinot Noir.

Reactions: 1 person
Bump.

Layer Cake Malbec is a good one. And if you go to Brazeiros in Knoxville, they have lots of Malbecs and (and other wines) from South America that you can try.

Layer Cake Malbec is a good one. And if you go to Brazeiros in Knoxville, they have lots of Malbecs and (and other wines) from South America that you can try.

Aren't Layer Cake labels $$$$?

Never mind, I'm thinking of Cakebread Cellars

Last edited:
Good man! Malbec is no. 1 red wine for the healthy phenols and stuff, and pinot noir is #2.

Malbec is my go-to, but a cheaper version, Frontera in the 1.5 L. less than $10 for that size.

Thanks! Love it. Developed a strong like for PN that naturally moved to Malbec. After having some I was hooked, but didn't know the more reasonably priced that had good flavor and finish.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back