The WINE (alcohol) thread

Smallvol#1

MarchMatters
Default wine is the Stonehaus Davenport Red. This is the take-to-friends' houses etc. Never had anyone not like it, even the connissieurs enjoy it. Travel a lot and visit wineries whenever able. There is a Versailles Winery near Dayton, Ohio (were on a Lady Vol tourney trip first time) that has very good wines.

Vols4us

Air Raid Time in Tennessee
Having the Duck Commander Triple Threat red blend. Really complex good flavor, decent aroma, no aftertaste. Keeper. May not, but seems to have a higher percentage of Zin to go with the Cab and Merlot.

Vols4us

Roscato's Rosa Dolce sweet red is the pick for the Italian dessert wine. Better than the Rosso and couple of bucks less at around $12. Just sweet enough to enhance a dessert and not overpower it. Has a Pinot Noir type taste. Would buy again.

Vols4us

Bump.

I have developed a strong taste for Malbec, especially Argentina/Mendoza. Recommendations anyone? Trying to stay under $25.

FWIW. I still find 2010 Turning Leaf Pinot Noir in the Knoxville area for $8. Best value for PN on the market IMO.

orangebloodgmc

Bump.

I have developed a strong taste for Malbec, especially Argentina/Mendoza. Recommendations anyone? Trying to stay under $25.

FWIW. I still find 2010 Turning Leaf Pinot Noir in the Knoxville area for $8. Best value for PN on the market IMO.
Good man! Malbec is no. 1 red wine for the healthy phenols and stuff, and pinot noir is #2.

Malbec is my go-to, but a cheaper version, Frontera in the 1.5 L. less than $10 for that size.

Coug

For Pinot Noir fans, Meiomi. You will not be disappointed.
Step up from the Meiomi and also a bit better is La Crema. Very good red wine.

I, like many others, first tried Roscato Rosso Dolce at Olive Garden. It's a very smooth, sweet, intro red wine. Still pretty cheap in the liquor stores.

Another great one is Belle Glos Pinot Noir.

BigAl

Bump.

Layer Cake Malbec is a good one. And if you go to Brazeiros in Knoxville, they have lots of Malbecs and (and other wines) from South America that you can try.

bamacheats

YKW = Basilio's Bish
Layer Cake Malbec is a good one. And if you go to Brazeiros in Knoxville, they have lots of Malbecs and (and other wines) from South America that you can try.
Aren't Layer Cake labels $$$$?

Never mind, I'm thinking of Cakebread Cellars

Last edited:

Vols4us

Good man! Malbec is no. 1 red wine for the healthy phenols and stuff, and pinot noir is #2.

Malbec is my go-to, but a cheaper version, Frontera in the 1.5 L. less than $10 for that size.
Thanks! Love it. Developed a strong like for PN that naturally moved to Malbec. After having some I was hooked, but didn't know the more reasonably priced that had good flavor and finish.

VN Store