The Walking Dead

They waited too long to get Gimple off as showrunner and to make necessary changes. That combined with Rick was enough for many to give up. I'm waiting for this season to be done and on Netflix and then I'll binge it, but I honestly don't miss the show at all. I casually check spoilers now and then but that's about it.

That’s fair. Lot of good shows come on Sunday nights. I generally watch Monday though, and it’s definitely last on my watch list. Often gets pushed to Tuesdays.

I know if I stop I’ll never go back and catch up.

TWD hit an all time low rating of 3.09 million viewers. FTWD is down to 1.5 million viewers but still the second highest rated show on AMC. Regardless they still plan to release their second spin-off show next year.

TWD hit an all time low rating of 3.09 million viewers. FTWD is down to 1.5 million viewers but still the second highest rated show on AMC. Regardless they still plan to release their second spin-off show next year.

I still don't get that. If they wanted to do this, they should have released the 3rd show back when the main show was still getting 12 million viewers an episode.

I get the ratings are still good for cable but they are both trending down big time. IMO instead of a 3rd show they should have concentrated on making Fear better.

I still don't get that. If they wanted to do this, they should have released the 3rd show back when the main show was still getting 12 million viewers an episode.

I get the ratings are still good for cable but they are both trending down big time. IMO instead of a 3rd show they should have concentrated on making Fear better.

I don't disagree with this. I wanted Fear to focus a lot more on the zombie apocalypse first beginning, the chaos, the riots etc. They spent only 5 or 6 episodes on that aspect.

I don't disagree with this. I wanted Fear to focus a lot more on the zombie apocalypse first beginning, the chaos, the riots etc. They spent only 5 or 6 episodes on that aspect.

Yeah that was a big letdown and pretty misleading IMO. They actually really only spent about 1-2 episodes on the start of the outbreak, by the 4th or 5th episode it was already zombie outbreak. But even then I found the show interesting and the acting was better.....that is until Gimple took that show over, brought over Morgan, and basically soft rebooted it so that it was pretty much the same show as TWD (or at least what TWD used to be).

Yeah that was a big letdown and pretty misleading IMO. They actually really only spent about 1-2 episodes on the start of the outbreak, by the 4th or 5th episode it was already zombie outbreak. But even then I found the show interesting and the acting was better.....that is until Gimple took that show over, brought over Morgan, and basically soft rebooted it so that it was pretty much the same show as TWD (or at least what TWD used to be).

I still don't understand why they/he felt like they needed to kill off Madison which ultimately made Frank Dillane want to leave the show.

Last edited:
I still don't understand why they/he felt like they needed to kill of Madison which ultimately made Frank Dillane want to leave the show.

Then they pushed Alicia and Strand to third string as well. They brought Daniel back but haven’t done much with him.

Then they pushed Alicia and Strand to third string as well. They brought Daniel back but haven’t done much with him.

I think that was by Gimple's design, for whatever reason. I think he honestly did literally want to make Fear just like he had TWD. That's why he either killed off or pushed to the background all the original characters and started bringing over TWD characters like Morgan and Dwight. He obviously wanted Morgan to be the main character.

People even comment on how the pre-Gimple seasons the show had better locations to shoot at, story settings, and even had more color. And now the show is a weird dull gray and the settings just seem to be generic. Some of that probably was cost cutting but still.

Not sure if anyone is still watching but this week’s had the most disturbing scene to date.

Negan and Alpha

***Shivers***

Reactions: VolFaninFla

Honestly for a couple of seasons FTWD was better written and more compelling than TWD. This season opener wasn't very good either, I see a further trend downward ahead.

So let me get this straight, there was a cave system running under Alexandria that the Whispers knew about and can navigate it with ease. Plus, they can just pop up out of the ground? This episode was another van flip fail.

I actually admire those of you sticking with this. I quit after Rick left, though I had mentally checked out well before that. I thought I would just binge the rest of Season 9 but I really have no interest anymore. I did catch a bit of last week's because my DVR recorded it when I was recording BCS, and even the 3 minutes I watched bored me.

I still can't believe AMC is going with another spinoff when the main show continues to bleed viewers and Fear is a shell of itself.

Reactions: BadJerry20
When a zombie fight starts just fast foward through it. Nothing is really going to happen. No main characters will get offed.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back