The Walking Dead

Actually enjoyed this past episode. Going to see if it carries on with that suspense. Hoping it’s not like the brief reprieve on FTWD that quickly went back to garbage...cut that one loose.

Reactions: jakez4ut
This episode wasn’t bad. I read the spoilers about tunnels and was expecting something else. All I saw was a small hole under the fence. Beta unleashed on Alexandra at night was solid action. Was the woman he killed in the jail a former Savior lieutenant?

The whole thing with Daryl blinded by blood in his eyes was kinda dumb.

This episode wasn’t bad. I read the spoilers about tunnels and was expecting something else. All I saw was a small hole under the fence. Beta unleashed on Alexandra at night was solid action. Was the woman he killed in the jail a former Savior lieutenant?

The whole thing with Daryl blinded by blood in his eyes was kinda dumb.

It was an ok episode. I found it a little hard to follow the Alpha/Daryl scene. One minute he's like bleeding out and basically struggling to breathe and the next he's propped up against a tree and Lydia is watching over him. I agree with the blood in the eye thing, it was dumb. I'm disappointed in Judith not putting a head shot into Beta, especially when she walked by him without double tapping him for good measure. Alpha and Beta getting away in general was just dumb honestly. The suspense was great though.

I'm disappointed in Judith not putting a head shot into Beta, especially when she walked by him without double tapping him for good measure. Alpha and Beta getting away in general was just dumb honestly. The suspense was great though.

Same. This show has a dumb habit of putting characters in easy death scenarios then somehow lucking their way out. Beta should have been dead twice. Double tap is common sense, but earlier that girl had a pole arm or whatever it was on his neck and just sat there.

These people act like it's day 1 of the zombie apocalypse. Show has gotten dang near unwatchable, hope it wraps up soon.

Reactions: 1972 Grad
It was an ok episode. I found it a little hard to follow the Alpha/Daryl scene. One minute he's like bleeding out and basically struggling to breathe and the next he's propped up against a tree and Lydia is watching over him. I agree with the blood in the eye thing, it was dumb. I'm disappointed in Judith not putting a head shot into Beta, especially when she walked by him without double tapping him for good measure. Alpha and Beta getting away in general was just dumb honestly. The suspense was great though.

I didn’t get why they wouldn’t put a bullet in the head after the chest anyway? Should be standard procedure so he doesn’t turn.

Actually, it would have been more scary if she had shot him in the head first. Then he gets up and later show he had the metal plate in the mask.

Reactions: hog88
Same. This show has a dumb habit of putting characters in easy death scenarios then somehow lucking their way out. Beta should have been dead twice. Double tap is common sense, but earlier that girl had a pole arm or whatever it was on his neck and just sat there.

Yep, she should have plunged that spear into his neck.

I didn’t get why they wouldn’t put a bullet in the head after the chest anyway? Should be standard procedure so he doesn’t turn.

Actually, it would have been more scary if she had shot him in the head first. Then he gets up and later show he had the metal plate in the mask.

You made me think here. I'm relatively sure even with some type of "facial" body armor if you got hit in the head with a .357 magnum bullet you'd still die, at the very least suffer some significant head trauma. Let's discuss the body armor... We're supposed to believe the whisperers either had access to a bullet proof vest or somehow forged their own?

Yep, she should have plunged that spear into his neck.

You made me think here. I'm relatively sure even with some type of "facial" body armor if you got hit in the head with a .357 magnum bullet you'd still die, at the very least suffer some significant head trauma. Let's discuss the body armor... We're supposed to believe the whisperers either had access to a bullet proof vest or somehow forged their own?
We're supposed to believe in a lot of stuff.

I actually admire those of you sticking with this. I quit after Rick left, though I had mentally checked out well before that. I thought I would just binge the rest of Season 9 but I really have no interest anymore. I did catch a bit of last week's because my DVR recorded it when I was recording BCS, and even the 3 minutes I watched bored me.

I still can't believe AMC is going with another spinoff when the main show continues to bleed viewers and Fear is a shell of itself.

I haven't watched since idk whenever I said was quitting and had planned on binging eventually. But I check in here randomly and the fluffers becoming haters all but guarantee I never will. Lol

I haven't watched since idk whenever I said was quitting and had planned on binging eventually. But I check in here randomly and the fluffers becoming haters all but guarantee I never will. Lol

Not sure if I’m one of those fluffers turned haters but I do think it’s been better since Rick left. A lot of the same flaws that have always been there from way back, even in the early seasons, are still there but the pacing is better though.

Reactions: BadJerry20
Not sure if I’m one of those fluffers turned haters but I do think it’s been better since Rick left. A lot of the same flaws that have always been there from way back, even in the early seasons, are still there but the pacing is better though.

I was just playing around about the hater fluffler stuff, I do see a bit of other shows in this thread though. This is one of the very few shows I've ever stopped watching. Maybe once it's over I'll speed watch the last few seasons just to see how it ends.

Reactions: BenGrimm
I missed last weeks episode so I watched both shows tonight. Are they using professional writers? It has become a story of idiots leading morons who make the same mistakes over and over.

Reactions: hog88
I missed last weeks episode so I watched both shows tonight. Are they using professional writers? It has become a story of idiots leading morons who make the same mistakes over and over.

I mean, I'm not defending anyone but that's mostly describes the show for about 5 seasons now.

Reactions: BadJerry20
At this point I just roll with bad decision making. It’s just what they do.

This episode was ok. I didn’t see anything too egregiously stupid. I’m intrigued about what Negan’s end game is. I keep thinking they are leading to his double cross of Alpha but man... he is going deeeeeeeep undercover.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
The ratings for TWD dropped below 3 million for the first time, getting a 2.93. While there's still the disclaimer that it's a great cable ratings and blah blah, it's still obvious the trend keeps going down.

I'll be interested to see how the new show does. My guess it will end up doing worse than Fear.

The ratings for TWD dropped below 3 million for the first time, getting a 2.93. While there's still the disclaimer that it's a great cable ratings and blah blah, it's still obvious the trend keeps going down.

I'll be interested to see how the new show does. My guess it will end up doing worse than Fear.

It almost seems to be aimed at a younger audience.

The initial premise of the show allowed for a lot of leeway. There were, for a while anyway, nearly unlimited directions they could go with storylines.

But once they decided to make it a world of hopelessness, they lost a lot of viewers. (Not that there weren't still plenty who enjoyed the direction the show took.)

I lost interest when there was no longer any hope of humanity taking a stand. They go to great lengths to be sure you know how easily it can be wiped away. Real life does enough of that for me.

Reactions: VolFaninFla
The initial premise of the show allowed for a lot of leeway. There were, for a while anyway, nearly unlimited directions they could go with storylines.

But once they decided to make it a world of hopelessness, they lost a lot of viewers. (Not that there weren't still plenty who enjoyed the direction the show took.)

I lost interest when there was no longer any hope of humanity taking a stand. They go to great lengths to be sure you know how easily it can be wiped away. Real life does enough of that for me.

They'll never do it but I think they could use Alpha as an opportunity to wipe out a majority of the extras and take the show back to what it used to be in the first few seasons where it was a smaller group traveling around and there was more focus on each character.

Well I wasn’t expecting that!

If this was a plan by Carol all along then she let **** get way out of hand first.

7be6c18c6563aabfa98c2a799f9b83f532b8b71d.gifv

Negan even tried to give Alpha a second chance to live but when he realized he couldn't talk the crazy out of her he had to finish her off.
I think it had more to do with Negan's affection for Alpha's daughter. The whole thing with Carol at the end? I'm not sure how any of that could have been planned.

VN Store

Back