The USS Donald Trump?

Should the US continue naming aircraft carriers after Presidents

• Yes, I want to see the USS Clinton and USS Obama!

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No, go back to the traditional names for carriers like the Yorktown and Saratoga

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Ugh, it'll be too political and people will gripe regardless...I'd rather have some pie

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
Unless Trump authorizes some new type of boat to be built he shouldnt get his name on it. My air force opinion.

Here is what you all have yet to understand and at this point I don't think you all will ever get it. 99.9999999999999999999% of the people who voted for President Trump knew exactly who he was on a personal level, everyone knew he has had affairs, everyone knows he has likely operated in the gray area when doing business, everyone knew he has an army of accountants and lawyers getting him every single tax break and loophole possible.
I understand that perfectly well. And I guess you could add in that everyone knew he was an habitual liar. What you don't seem to understand is that is exactly what makes it all so amazing.

I understand that perfectly well. And I guess you could add in that everyone knew he was an habitual liar. What you don't seem to understand is that is exactly what makes it all so amazing.
What makes it amazing is this guy took on the establishment and both powers and kicked all their asses, that is very impressive. I did not like him at all, I voted for Cruz in the primary and basically waited until the last minute to go vote for him on election night and my wife basically had to force me to go then and I admit I was very wrong about him, his policies have been the best in my lifetime.

What makes it amazing is this guy took on the establishment and both powers and kicked all their asses, that is very impressive. I did not like him at all, I voted for Cruz in the primary and basically waited until the last minute to go vote for him on election night and my wife basically had to force me to go then and I admit I was very wrong about him, his policies have been the best in my lifetime.
Then I guess you should be happy with him. I am repulsed by him.

Still waiting.

You've been posting this a lot lately, as a favor to you, here are the rest of the lyrics for the song you are trying to remember:

Talking Heads: Crosseyed and Painless

Lost my shape
Trying to act casual!
Can't stop
I might end up in the hospital
I'm changing my shape
I feel like an accident
They're back!
To explain their experience
Isn't it weir
Looks too obscure to me
Wasting away
And that was their policy
I'm ready to leave
I push the fact in front of me
Facts lost
Facts are never what they seem to be
Nothing there!
No information left of any kind
Lifting my head
Looking for danger signs
There was a line
There was a formula
Sharp as a knife
Facts cut a hole in us
There was a line
There was a formula
Sharp as a knife
Facts cut a hole in us
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...
The feeling returns
Whenever we close out eyes
Lifting my head
looking around inside
The island of doubt
It's like the taste of medicine
Working by hindsight
Got the message from the oxygen
Making a list
Find the cost of opportunity
Doing it right
Facts are useless in emergencies
The feeling returns
Whenever we close out eyes
Lifting my head
Looking around inside.
Facts are simple and facts are straight
Facts are lazy and facts are late
Facts all come with points of view
Facts don't do what I want them to
Facts just twist the truth around
Facts are living turned inside out
Facts are getting the best of them
Facts are nothing on the face of things
Facts don't stain the furniture
Facts go out and slam the door
Facts are written all over your face
Facts continue to change their shape
I'm still waiting...I'm still waiting...

Everything opposite of what Trumpism means. Hope, peace, community, helping others, bright future, the idea that we can be better than our past, building bridges, unity, strength of society, new and exciting horizons, exploration, intelligence, advancement of mankind, the potential beauty and power of science, tolerance, acceptance.

See Venezuela. That would be the result.

Reactions: FLVOL69
That is 100% your perspective and not mine in the least.
Trump is as fake as they come. He hates the heartland. He is all about NY, Hollywood, big cities, and media popularity. He likes every blue state more than any of the red states. (with the possible exception of small but heavily populated parts of FL) He is the most non-religious president to ever serve. He has never once been concerned about the plight of coal miners or farmers in his life. He was pro-choice his whole life. He is an elitist with no concern for the average working man. He will say and do anything that will appease and strengthen his base.

Luther, you just described almost every POTUS candidate you have ever voted for.

He did serve with distinction in WWII, so there is that. However, it's safe to say (objectively) there is/was a cult of personality where he was concerned. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to have a ship named after him, but he was still riding a huge popularity wave when the ship was named after him.

Let's face it, he was a popular President. And the USS John F. Kennedy does sound slightly better than the USS Millard Fillmore.

He did serve with distinction in WWII, so there is that. However, it's safe to say (objectively) there is/was a cult of personality where he was concerned. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve to have a ship named after him, but he was still riding a huge popularity wave when the ship was named after him.

Let's face it, he was a popular President. And the USS John F. Kennedy does sound slightly better than the USS Millard Fillmore.

He is more popular dead than he was when he was alive. There was a good chance he would not have gotten a second term.

Luther, you just described almost every POTUS candidate you have ever voted for.
I guess you find it comforting to believe so.
But again, I do not agree.
I actually believe some had a vision of how the country and world should be that aligns much more closely to what I believe and with what they publicly say.

I guess you find it comforting to believe so.
But again, I do not agree.
I actually believe some had a vision of how the country and world should be that aligns much more closely to what I believe and with what they publicly say.

They fooled ya buddy.

He is more popular dead than he was when he was alive. There was a good chance he would not have gotten a second term.
Any president, even Trump, would immediately become more popular the second they are assassinated. Kind of like when an artist o.d.'s.

Highly doubtful. He was riding significant popularity waves immediately after the Cuban Missile Crisis and that would have translated into darn near a surefire victory in 64. Remember who the GOP ran in 64 and what the electoral vote was. (486-52)

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
Thanks for the heads-up, I will start bring my ID to the grocery store from now on. I should probably also get some noise-cancelling headphones in case I'm around a windmill.
You should if you’re old enough to buy beer or tabacco.

VN Store

Back