The USS Donald Trump?

Should the US continue naming aircraft carriers after Presidents

• Yes, I want to see the USS Clinton and USS Obama!

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • No, go back to the traditional names for carriers like the Yorktown and Saratoga

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Ugh, it'll be too political and people will gripe regardless...I'd rather have some pie

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
So an approval rating of 60% (Kennedy) makes re-election doubtful
and an approval rating or 44% (Trump) makes re-election probable.

You can only take your selective self-comforting belief system so far.

Different times. You can't compare then to now or even 20 years ago.

No I do not. And in the grand scheme of things, what they represent is more important anyway.
What Trump represents to you guys is a strong America, hard work, smaller government, lower taxes, blah, blah, blah....(in my mind that is mostly BS)
What Trump represents to everyone else is ignorance, hatred, elitism, greed, nationalism, blah, blah, blah.....(in your mind that is mostly BS)
We can argue until the end of days about which perspective is most correct, but we all know that is futile.

How about not reading your own personal fantasies into our elected leaders; not treating them like saviors and recognize they are humans we put in the job and they make a couple big decisions then we move on. They are no better in general than you or me.

Imbuing them with some fantastical powers to represent our own internal hopes and dreams is crazy. It also gives them power they do not need.

How about not reading your own personal fantasies into our elected leaders; not treating them like saviors and recognize they are humans we put in the job and they make a couple big decisions then we move on. They are no better in general than you or me.

Imbuing them with some fantastical powers to represent our own internal hopes and dreams is crazy. It also gives them power they do not need.
How about adjusting your priorities and standards and realizing it's both a large and small world in which we live.

So an approval rating of 60% (Kennedy) makes re-election doubtful
and an approval rating or 44% (Trump) makes re-election probable.

You can only take your selective self-comforting belief system so far.
I wonder if 99% of the media then spent 24/7 telling the people how terrible Kennedy was

Reactions: azVolFan
I wonder if 99% of the media then spent 24/7 telling the people how terrible Kennedy was
lol.......You guys constantly brag about Fox having a larger viewership then all of the other outlets combine, and then scream that the media is propagandizing the public to the left.
The most propagandized group of people in the country is Fox viewers.

Reactions: Mick
No I do not. And in the grand scheme of things, what they represent is more important anyway.
What Trump represents to you guys is a strong America, hard work, smaller government, lower taxes, blah, blah, blah....(in my mind that is mostly BS)
What Trump represents to everyone else is ignorance, hatred, elitism, greed, nationalism, blah, blah, blah.....(in your mind that is mostly BS)
We can argue until the end of days about which perspective is most correct, but we all know that is futile.

Society will decide at the voting booth. And yes I’m aware the popular vote in California and NY will skew it as a whole.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Thanks for the heads-up, I will start bring my ID to the grocery store from now on. I should probably also get some noise-cancelling headphones in case I'm around a windmill.
You should probably stop writing checks and also get a lead vest for that windmill cancer

Reactions: FLVOL69
lol.......You guys constantly brag about Fox having a larger viewership then all of the other outlets combine, and then scream that the media is propagandizing the public to the left.
The most propagandized group of people in the country is Fox viewers.
Wrong again, Fox has libs with prominent rolls. The opinion folks don't hide they are opinion. Do they lean right, absolutely. But does every other network, most newspapers lean left, damn right. Everyone of their worthless viewers and readers get the 24/7 drum beat Trump bad

Reactions: FLVOL69
He is more popular dead than he was when he was alive. There was a good chance he would not have gotten a second term.
pretty much every president who has been assassinated has gotten the "martyr bump" with how history remembers them.

VN Store

Back