The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

This is the one thing I miss since switching to YTTV, but let’s see what else they move to the sports tier.

This is the one thing I miss since switching to YTTV, but let’s see what else they move to the sports tier.

NFL Network would be awesome but I want Fox Sports Southeast back.

They just raised the price to $60, now are adding more tiers to make it even more expensive. If redzone was included into the base package I would consider it. YTTV is going to be more expensive than a cable+internet bundle before long.

NFL Network would be awesome but I want Fox Sports Southeast back.
Can’t figure out why in the world y’all lost that channel. Are you able to stream Fox Sports Go and still get the Fox Sports Southeast content?

They just raised the price to $60, now are adding more tiers to make it even more expensive. If redzone was included into the base package I would consider it. YTTV is going to be more expensive than a cable+internet bundle before long.
Still about $40-$50/mo cheaper for me.

Can’t figure out why in the world y’all lost that channel. Are you able to stream Fox Sports Go and still get the Fox Sports Southeast content?
I haven't tried that, actually. Surely it can't be that easy. I'll check it out though.

***Tried. Didn't work.

Last edited:
Sinclair and YYTV are back at it again. Regional Fox Sports networks are going away again. It seems like Sinclair had been involved in a lot of carriage disputes - ATT, Dish, yttv....

Sinclair and YYTV are back at it again. Regional Fox Sports networks are going away again. It seems like Sinclair had been involved in a lot of carriage disputes - ATT, Dish, yttv....

Assuming you received this. Sucks.
Providing our members with 85+ channels requires contracts that are periodically renegotiated with content owners. Earlier this year, we negotiated an extension with Sinclair to continue carrying FOX Regional Sports Networks through the regular seasons for baseball, basketball, and hockey. Unfortunately, now the seasons are over and that extension is expiring.

Starting Thursday, October 1, 2020, FOX Regional Sports Networks will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and you will no longer have access to any previous recordings from FOX Regional Sports Networks.

This was a difficult decision made after months of negotiations. We hope that we can bring FOX RSNs back in the future. Thank you for your membership as we work to make YouTube TV the best streaming experience.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team

Assuming you received this. Sucks.
Providing our members with 85+ channels requires contracts that are periodically renegotiated with content owners. Earlier this year, we negotiated an extension with Sinclair to continue carrying FOX Regional Sports Networks through the regular seasons for baseball, basketball, and hockey. Unfortunately, now the seasons are over and that extension is expiring.

Starting Thursday, October 1, 2020, FOX Regional Sports Networks will no longer be available on YouTube TV, and you will no longer have access to any previous recordings from FOX Regional Sports Networks.

This was a difficult decision made after months of negotiations. We hope that we can bring FOX RSNs back in the future. Thank you for your membership as we work to make YouTube TV the best streaming experience.

Sincerely,
The YouTube TV team
And..... They're gone. Luckily I have a workaround that allows me to use Fox Sports Go, but we'll see how long I deal with that. Not like I'll need Fox Sports much for the next few months.

I'm thinking about switching from YTTV (which I like) to Sling to save a bit per month. Right now I'm thinking about getting the Sling orange package and adding the sports extra add-on.

I haven't looked into it too much in depth, but I think the total would be about $40 (before tax)). My bill the last month with YTTV is around $71, so this would save a bit.

Of course there are tradeoffs. Looks like with the Sling Orange package, you can only stream on one screen/device at a time. Not terrible for me, but I would like to be able to stream on up to 2-3 (if not more) devices/screens concurrently. Also, I feel like the apps for YTTV are pretty solid (on Android, my iPad, a Roku, and a fire tv stick), so hopefully the Sling apps are just as solid

Now Hulu is dropping Fox RSNs. Sinclair isn’t getting along with anybody.

Anyone tried out the new Discovery Plus?

I wasn't going to bother with it but since it went live several shows we watch at our house are now saying in the bottom of the screen that all new episodes will be exclusive on Discovery+.

Anyone tried out the new Discovery Plus?

I wasn't going to bother with it but since it went live several shows we watch at our house are now saying in the bottom of the screen that all new episodes will be exclusive on Discovery+.
They just released it on Firestick I'm doing the 7 day trial for 5 bucks a month I'll probably keep it but honestly I don't see alot that I would watch that I don't already get on Philo...shows I watch like What On Earth, Mysteries of the Abandoned, and Unearthed seem to be a season behind...for 20 bucks Philo is my fave cord cutting app

Reactions: Lurkerin
We have terrible options for internet so we end up paying 150 a month for terrible Viasat that caps us at 100gb...so I just use it for my work VPN and we stream thru our mobile hotspots...Visible has been a big improvement over Sprint for 40 dollars a month we get unlimited everything including hotspot.. I'm getting over 40mbs on a LTE phone...its a great deal...sign up more on a party plan and u save 5 dollars per person up to 3 others 20210110_082644.jpg

VN Store

Back