The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

Lurkerin

Longtime Lurker
They just released it on Firestick I'm doing the 7 day trial for 5 bucks a month I'll probably keep it but honestly I don't see alot that I would watch that I don't already get on Philo...shows I watch like What On Earth, Mysteries of the Abandoned, and Unearthed seem to be a season behind...for 20 bucks Philo is my fave cord cutting app
Philo is great. Especially to keep the wife happy with Hallmark. Plus I can keep keep watching those brothers dig more holes on Oak Island.

knucklehead_vol

I'm thinking about switching from YTTV (which I like) to Sling to save a bit per month. Right now I'm thinking about getting the Sling orange package and adding the sports extra add-on.

I haven't looked into it too much in depth, but I think the total would be about $40 (before tax)). My bill the last month with YTTV is around $71, so this would save a bit.

Of course there are tradeoffs. Looks like with the Sling Orange package, you can only stream on one screen/device at a time. Not terrible for me, but I would like to be able to stream on up to 2-3 (if not more) devices/screens concurrently. Also, I feel like the apps for YTTV are pretty solid (on Android, my iPad, a Roku, and a fire tv stick), so hopefully the Sling apps are just as solid
I've tried several. YTTV is the best imo.

VolnJC

Went ahead and subscribed to Discovery+ ($4.99 tier) after dropping the WWE Network.
I'm gonna keep it too...usually I make myself get rid of something if I add another service but its 5 bucks..the Lincoln deathbed photo investigation was intriguing and I'm enjoying the Race Across The World where pairs have to get from London to Singapore with cash only...they start out with the cost of a one way airline ticket...they can't fly, use their own phone, or the internet Race Across the World (TV Series 2019– ) - IMDb

VN Store

Sponsors