The Ultimate Cord Cutting Guide (merged)

Not that I want to switch (I really like DTVN), but YouTube TV has local ABC, CBS, Fox, and NBC....

I have all of those now except CBS and CBS is coming within mext couple of weeks

I'm not yet in a coverage area for local stations on DTVN. I can pick up Nashville on YouTube

Luckily I have 300 Mbps internet through Spectrum that my landlord pays for.

I have two Roku Streaming Sticks and a Xbox One.

I have SlingTV Orange Package ($20) with the Sports Extra add on ($10). I get all the sports channels I could ask for. Not to mention I can change drop or add packages at any time.

For the TV shows and movies I use Hulu ($7.99) and Netflix ($9.99).

If there's nothing I can't watch with those, I use my cousin's DirecTV login info for TV everywhere apps (FX, AMC, USA, etc.)

PS Vue still showing the promo for the "upcoming" Daytona NASCAR race - only 2 months after it occurred. Between that and the constant CRACKLE ads it's driving me nuts

My dad and brother both got the SkyStream One and love it. Was using my brother's DTV login info for HBO but he canceled his sub and now I'm without. :(

Well starting next Tuesday I get Netflix free (T-Mobile)

I've got DTVnow - is anyone else having issues with NBC? It hiccups and cuts out. It's the only channel that does it. I can swap channels with no issue. I noticed it first on Thursday and then again tonight.

Which app? I watched on DirecTv Now

I don't have NBC/CBS/FOX locals yet in my area. When a local broadcast on FOX is showing a game I can watch the FOX Sports App and be able to see it. With NBC, they block that Sunday Night game on their NBC Go Ap.

I don't have NBC/CBS/FOX locals yet in my area. When a local broadcast on FOX is showing a game I can watch the FOX Sports App and be able to see it. With NBC, they block that Sunday Night game on their NBC Go Ap.

Did you try NBC Sports app?

Yeah, the NBC Sports App blocks out the SNF game (they also blocked out the TNF opener last week).

I didn't have any issues with the Stanley Cup playoffs following the Preds, but Thursday and last night in the DTVN app (both on my Apple TV and Fire TV) it would be fine for 5 minutes, cut out, I'd change the channel and come back and it work for another 5 minutes before cutting out again. Frustrating.

Luckily I have 300 Mbps internet through Spectrum that my landlord pays for.

I have two Roku Streaming Sticks and a Xbox One.

I have SlingTV Orange Package ($20) with the Sports Extra add on ($10). I get all the sports channels I could ask for. Not to mention I can change drop or add packages at any time.

For the TV shows and movies I use Hulu ($7.99) and Netflix ($9.99).

If there's nothing I can't watch with those, I use my cousin's DirecTV login info for TV everywhere apps (FX, AMC, USA, etc.)
Have you looked into Hulu with Live TV? I like it fairly well.

I thought DTVnow added CBS. Would be a great time to get the NFL Network.

I thought DTVnow added CBS. Would be a great time to get the NFL Network.

I believe its based on your viewing location. I know YouTube TV is. I get the Nashville locals here

My antenna doesn't pick up NBC. It's the only channel I can't get. I use the NBC Sports app on my Apple TV and watched the Thurs NFL opener and this past weeks Packers vs Falcons game.

On a side note the new ESPN multi-event feature on Apple TV is pretty sweet. Super easy to watch up to for games at a time and toggle the audio or full screen and back out of each individual event. Better than flipping between channels on cable...... If only ESPN's streams didn't freeze up every few minutes (it freezes on the built in Android TV feature of my display too. My laptop keeps a steady stream though. Go figure).

This month marks our 2 year anniversary of cutting to cord and going with PSVue and DirecTV Now (alternating every few months or so). We have been saving $80 a month and getting just about everything we were getting with regular cable and figured us saving a nice $1,920 over the last 2 years :)

Reactions: preacherwebb

VN Store

Back